welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1171, 1172, 1173 ... 1244, 1245, 1246  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkhron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stripey ^^

We really don't understand what they were looking for. Our church is a poor one in a industrial/commercial zone, so we have very few parishioners compared to others parish in residential areas.

The worst thing? I cant sleep now. I don't feel safe in my own house after viewing how easily they broke in. Tomorrow gonna install more and better locks and I want to budget for stronger bars on the windows.

Be compassionate
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out today I'm losing my job in a month or so because they're closing down our branch. I worked here almost 10 years. Sad
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, that's awful, tf. are they going to cover any training or anything, to try to help people get other jobs?
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
damn, that's awful, tf. are they going to cover any training or anything, to try to help people get other jobs?

I get a severance package. They will help pay the fees for this place that helps you get jobs and they won't fight unemployment. I'm screwed on my insurance though.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, long story short, I am terribly sorry for bothering the forum again with my drama, but it turns out I have few alternatives! Its about relationships, if that's enough to scare you off Wink

Well... Me and my GF seemed to be hitting it off nicely, thinking about a lot of future stuff we shouldn't be thinking of, but blind are young couples in love. There is only one thing that isn't 'perfect': before we got together, when it was obvious that I liked her (and she knew), she hooked up with this other guy. My denial about this is so all-encompassing that she claims that I actually saw her with the guy multiple times but still didn't realize it - and I honestly can't remember seeing them directly, even though i can remember everything else from those nights. So that must be some serious repression from my side. I did hear from others that they were together and I have never been hurt like that before in my life. After she realized the guy was a douchebag we eventually met, and she ended up staying with me (in a different country) for a few months.

We have been doing long distance (and seeing each other for a week every month) ever since. A few days ago, when she was visiting me, the topic came up and a heated argument followed. Afterwards, I lost 'that' feeling when I think of her. She is now back home again and we are sort of left in this fight. Thing is, she is going on a trip to the himalayas with her father and we won't even be in contact for the next month and a half, all the while having this feeling to fester. When she left, I bought a pack of cigarettes. I quit smoking four months ago. I am now drunk, alone, and communication is so forced she just didnt have time to talk to me today. All in all it is a shitty situation and I don't know if I can shake it the feeling. Especially when I am not in contact with her.

TL, DR: Moustache has a GF that likes him but he can't deal with the initial rejection, almost wanting him to break up with her.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when you rejected those guys with those poppers. They looked so sad, as if they would never offer random tourists in an apartment across the road illegal drugs to relax their sphincters ever again. But they pulled through. They clung together. In their sticky sticky ways, they came together and when life was hard to them they got hard too.

But about that guy... Forget about it. If you can have a good time with her, have a good time with her. We're all who we are because of what we've been through, you can't ask for someone to have an immaculate past as well. If it works it works if it doesn't it doesn't, but don't expect magical perfection. From my own experience I can tell you that being with someone for a while... the kind of love you develop is so much stronger than the initial love at first sight thing. Give it a chance if you can. If you can't that's fine too, then you need to move on. But I'd urge you to give it another go, see if you can be happy together. Perfection, oddly enough, doesn't just come round but is something that grows.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand. Before she knew you well enough to want to date you, but after she knew you were interested, she dated another guy. That didn't work out and she eventually got to know you and DID date you, and things are going well. Now you want to break up with her because she didn't choose you before she even really knew you, even though she eventually chose you over any other guy who may have been interested? Dude. Fuck you.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is on your side.

From my experience, emotions like yours come when things are good, but didn't happen the WAY you imagined, or the way it should (by some romantic standards) have happened.

Ask yourself does it really really really matter what happened before you dated? Are you unhappy with how things are, or how things were. To me it seems that you are unhappy with how thing were, and that is ruining the current situation.

This is one of the situations that you have man up.
Can you?
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I'm not sure I understand. Before she knew you well enough to want to date you, but after she knew you were interested, she dated another guy. That didn't work out and she eventually got to know you and DID date you, and things are going well. Now you want to break up with her because she didn't choose you before she even really knew you, even though she eventually chose you over any other guy who may have been interested? Dude. Fuck you.

Just for the record, we have been good friends three years prior to any of this.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. Are you upset that she wasn't your girlfriend sooner? Are you really going to let your happy relationship flounder over a thing in the past that can't be changed ever? Shouldn't you be glad she's with you in the present and possibly future? Were you really in love with her or just jealous that she was dating and you weren't?
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Were you really in love with her or just jealous that she was dating and you weren't?

That's a good question.

The main reason why I am so harsh towards you Mustache is cause I've been in a similar situations and I've ruined good things cause I worried about past too much, and I've been in relationships for wrong reasons.

In both cases it's very selfish and self centered behavior which ruins good things.

In the end you have to figure it out for yourself. Hope you do. Smile
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the idea of being second best and not being able to make a clean break; selfish I know. Somehow I still think that would be the best solution, move countries and just let it be at that, accept the hurt and move on. But I didn't and it worked out, until now. Then whenever something about it pops up I just shut down. So more of a pyrrhic victory. I know what I am feeling is completely irrational. Anyhow thanks y'all, especially Michael, that made sense Smile

edit: I was in love, for whatever that's worth and whatever I know.
edit2: Ill stop bothering you lovely people with this, ill have 50 days to think about it.

Last edited by Mr_Moustache on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
mouse wrote:

I get a severance package. They will help pay the fees for this place that helps you get jobs and they won't fight unemployment. I'm screwed on my insurance though.

Holy Christ I hate Cobra. If I continue my health insurance after my employment through Cobra it's $489/person. Love my life.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moustache, as an expert at cringing away from displaying interest and affection the minute shit gets real, you should probably make an effort to figure this shit out before she gets on a plane to central asia. Leaving for a trip to the himalayas on a positive or at least hopeful note is a lot less likely to leave your burgeoning relationship gasping and dying.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by DeD CHiKn on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1171, 1172, 1173 ... 1244, 1245, 1246  Next
Page 1172 of 1246

Jump to: