welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1174, 1175, 1176 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Meddler wrote:
Really now? Marigolds as wasp repellant? Nice!

confirm/deny?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaaarghlkgahlga really sick now. throat hurts. painful to swallow and it feels like something in there is swollen. it's probably my tonsils but since my mother has problems with her thyroid i'm paranoid that it's actually that.

at least i have an excuse to be surly and full of contempt, though.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
aaaaaarghlkgahlga really sick now. throat hurts. painful to swallow and it feels like something in there is swollen. it's probably my tonsils but since my mother has problems with her thyroid i'm paranoid that it's actually that.

Wait, we need an excuse for that? Fuck.
eureka00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neighbor made me upset today. We are going to have yardwork done in our backyard, and they want to haul their truck with mulch back there eventually (not now because ground is too mushy but eventually). In order to get back to our yard they have to drive on some of the neighbor's property/yard. So he asked me to get permission to do so.
So I went and knocked on her door twice today and she didn't answer either time. Her truck was in the driveway both times too. So I taped a note to her door because I needed an answer. She eventually came over and had written back on the note and taped it to my door. I tried to talk to her, and we talked briefly as she walked away. She says, "I told you where the property line is!" And I do know and that's why I'm asking for permission in the note, duh.
Needless to say we do not have permission to do so because there is no room (according to her) to back a truck up there. She also stated in the note that, "I don't talk neighborly with her." I'm not sure what kind of neighborly discussions she wants, but it's not as if we haven't talked before. At any rate, there is indeed room to back a truck up there because she recommended her tree man to us at one point because we wanted one cut down. And, she let HIM back his old beat up truck on her lawn then. So I know very well that a truck will fit back there.

*sigh* I'm going to see if the fence guy can install a double gate on the other side of our house somehow so I don't have to go through her yard to drive anything into my backyard ever.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People suck sometimes.

Back the truck up to her door.
eureka00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
People suck sometimes.

Yeah, it basically makes our double gate null and void because there's a giant tree and flower beds on our side that make it completely impossible to drive solely on our property. I'm going to be measuring the fence on the other side of the house today and see if we can fit a big gate in there. If I can get it in, I can't wait for the look on her face when she sees a truck in our backyard and didn't see it go through her yard. *magic*
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:

My mom had to have her thyroid out a year or two ago, and I know I'm about 2 steps shy of being a hypochondriac (there are REASONS I do not watch House), so I can empathize.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I'm even bothering with yearly blood tests right now is to keep track of my thyroid.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
The only reason I'm even bothering with yearly blood tests right now is to keep track of my thyroid.

Yeah, just did a quick Celiac test myself (since currently showing no thyroid symptoms). Hooray for negative results.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:
People suck sometimes.

Yeah, it basically makes our double gate null and void because there's a giant tree and flower beds on our side that make it completely impossible to drive solely on our property. I'm going to be measuring the fence on the other side of the house today and see if we can fit a big gate in there. If I can get it in, I can't wait for the look on her face when she sees a truck in our backyard and didn't see it go through her yard. *magic*

The mulch companies around here have trucks with long hoses, so they can stay parked in front and blow the mulch in back. You should look for a group with new-fangled devices like that.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People find meaning where they can... yeah? Like, why they do things, anything.

Its so frustrating, I used to have that... I hate that it just swings back and forth. Enthusiasm comes and goes. Sometimes I know exactly what I want and that's great, goals are fantastic.

Just... it's so frustrating looking at them from behind a veil. Thinking "This is something I'm passionate about... I guess. I mean. I was, anyway. Maybe if I'm lucky it'll come back."
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
eureka00 wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:
People suck sometimes.

The mulch companies around here have trucks with long hoses, so they can stay parked in front and blow the mulch in back. You should look for a group with new-fangled devices like that.

Wow, I didn't know there were such things. Can't say I've seen anything like that around here yet. However! The neighbor saga continued yesterday when the guys showed up to cut up a couple little trees that had fallen over. The guys said at first the neighbor lady stormed out and told them they couldn't drive their truck or trailer onto the yard like she had told me.

They were fine with that and went to work, and then they said she must've changed her mind because she came back out and told them they could back the trailer through the yard. And, she had some jobs for them to do in her yard too. I GUESS A TRUCK DOES FIT THROUGH THERE OMG! My husband said maybe I should bake her some brownies so I seemed more neighborly...Hell No!
suds

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
Sinfest forums reaching the point where there's an unironic roleplay thread that people participate in without vomiting at what's become of their lives.

Sinfest forums reaching the point where people like Halen go to a corner to passive-aggressively mutter their disgust at something instead of exploding all over the offending place with contempt and snark.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
Dro wrote:
eureka00 wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:
People suck sometimes.

Wow, I didn't know there were such things. Can't say I've seen anything like that around here yet. However! The neighbor saga continued yesterday when the guys showed up to cut up a couple little trees that had fallen over. The guys said at first the neighbor lady stormed out and told them they couldn't drive their truck or trailer onto the yard like she had told me.

They were fine with that and went to work, and then they said she must've changed her mind because she came back out and told them they could back the trailer through the yard. And, she had some jobs for them to do in her yard too. I GUESS A TRUCK DOES FIT THROUGH THERE OMG! My husband said maybe I should bake her some brownies so I seemed more neighborly...Hell No!

About the landscaping, you want to ask if they have a 'bark blower' to spread their mulch. Also, most companies are, or should be, pretty understanding when it comes to "neighbor issues" like you're describing. A bark blower will produce some dust on hard surfaces and plants immediately adjacent to the beds to be mulched, but a good company will clean it up after the initial installation. Also, if you don't see them use the backside of a leaf rake to "back rake the mulch", insuring an even spreading and nice finished look, they're really half-assing it, especially since it takes so little time to do. Lastly, make sure they aren't letting mulch pile up around woody plant stems. Mulch is effectively artificially created wood compost, and having it piled high against a woody plant structure will promote rot and disease.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suds wrote:
Halen wrote:
Sinfest forums reaching the point where there's an unironic roleplay thread that people participate in without vomiting at what's become of their lives.

Sinfest forums reaching the point where people like Halen go to a corner to passive-aggressively mutter their disgust at something instead of exploding all over the offending place with contempt and snark.

Is it Dickmas already? It seems like just yesterday suds said something and no one cared...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1174, 1175, 1176 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1175 of 1254

Jump to: