welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1184, 1185, 1186 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One semester, plus internship credits, left in school.

Just got denied tuition advancement from my job because of an unjust write up. I guess I can borrow money from someone, hopefully.

Hey, it's not like that was the only reason I dealt with a shitty $13/hr job right?
mouse

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez, shadow - that really is awful. i think you do need to move out, to save your own sanity. the thing you need to remember is you are not responsible for fixing your family. so while it is admirable that you want to leave your family in some semblance of stability, you absolutely should not take that upon yourself. they are all adults. you have been trying for - how long? - to find a way to fix things - what is the likelihood that you will suddenly get through, if you stay? i know essentially throwing up your hands and giving up is really, really hard - but you can't do what you can't do. and you shouldn't destroy yourself because you can't do miracles.

look at it this way - if you get your own place, at least your dad will have somewhere he can come and hang out with you, if things get too bad - yes? and it's not like you can't visit your mom to help out, if necessary. but at the very least, you need to get a place where you can get a decent night's sleep, so you can get through your own college education.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD - any way you can appeal the unjust write-up?
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. I signed it already. Didn't feel like dealing with it any more. I had no idea it would affect the reimbursement program though.

Long story short, I was supposed to do something that I didn't complete because I was handed the task 15 minutes before I got off. I didn't have any physical records, they were on my computer, and my boss needed them. She didn't really need them as they wouldn't have helped her any. The product was already shipped out, her knowing the product code wouldn't have made Fed Ex magically turn around.

I had the tracking numbers and all that as well.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow - I don't know everything about your situation, but I moved out for a similar reason, and that improved everything. Sometimes you can't fix stuff, so sticking around only hurts you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the condolences, folks.

I had an earache this week, went to the clinic, and because I also opened up about the shit in my life (as it was on my mind and the person was asking health questions) they additionally diagnosed me with acute depression.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a pretty shitty situation to be stuck in Shadowcell. Best of luck, and I hope you manage to get some sleep and hopefully some serenity.

My relatively minor frustration: got a message from the university I attend saying they were charging me to repaint the bathroom wall. Me and my roommate reported the damage at the beginning of the year when we first moved in. We didn't cause it, it's paint flaking off of the drywall tape because the bastards who built the dorms didn't use primer. So now me and my roommate are on the hook for the repairs. If I don't pay, they refuse me a dorm room next year - which I need, because I live ~400 kilometers away from the university.

Note to self: next year, photograph the dorm room floor to ceiling when I first move in.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you fight it, fritter? Surely they have your report on file?

Well... in theory. :-\

Mini J

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it at UBC? If so, what residence were you in? UBC Housing sucks in a lot of ways, but there are some good people there too (at least, there were when I last worked there...) Hope you get it sorted out!

Funny aside: when I was working there, one unit was assessed over $10,000 in fines. This was because furniture was missing, walls had giant holes in them (concrete walls Shocked ), and they had somehow set the ceiling on fire. I think it was well-deserved in their case.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
Thanks for the condolences, folks.

I had an earache this week, went to the clinic, and because I also opened up about the shit in my life (as it was on my mind and the person was asking health questions) they additionally diagnosed me with acute depression.

that could actually be a good thing, if they can help you with it. being depressed is kind of a double whammy - not only are you depressed, but you often lack the energy/initiative/motivation/whatever to deal with other problems - so maybe if they can help the depression, it will give you the strength to deal with other problems - like the sister-in-law.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apparently threw out my careful record of my entire work experience. And no website I normally save stuff on seems to have it on there. Sad I don't know most of my former supervisor's names, either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a copy and filled out my first application in years. Nothing like going through the memories of why I spent most of my twenties so miserable.

Things are much better, but good god, I wish I could just edit it to have my life actually have geen awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tumblr took away the option to "like" an image from their photo view thing MY LIFE IS RUINED
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is minor compared to some of the other gripes, but

I fucking hate it when people let their dogs run around a neighborhood, unsupervised and unleashed.

My dogs and I got *charged* yesterday by a loose, fat... I'm not sure. I think it was a daschund? It was a bit bigger than a 'normal' daschund, though-likely a mixed breed of some sort. Got within a couple feet of my dogs, barking and growling.

I find it interesting that my natural reaction when something like that happens is to get *between* my dogs and the potentially dangerous, agressive dog...

The dog followed us, and charged two more times. I was seriously about to kick the damn thing. It wasn't a danger to me or anything, but I was seriously shaken up-I suppose I was worried about it attacking my dogs.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so stupid of the owner - the dog could get hit by a car or attacked itself. but it's not always that the owner 'lets' the dog run around, some dogs are great escape artists.

but i don't know what you can do, short of carrying a cattle prod on your walks, or having animal control on speeddial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1184, 1185, 1186 ... 1248, 1249, 1250  Next
Page 1185 of 1250

Jump to: