Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1199, 1200, 1201 ... 1236, 1237, 1238  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Had a conversation with another baby boomer about generation differences. She said that Gen Y'ers are communists (with all the sharing and reliance on others.)

how dare they! _we_ did all the work to get proclaimed pinko hippie commies, what with our protesting and long hair and alternate lifestyles - and they think they can come along and just _share_ with people and be proclaimed communists? impudent upstarts!

i'd be laughing, except the notion that my generation has already turned into its parents is too depressing.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Got a frantic call this morning (while my fiance and I are at the summercamp we volunteer at) that our rabbit seemed to be having some sort of seizure (lying in her cage, not moving much, then suddenly flopping around). Person taking care of the rabbit immediately begins speeding them to the nearest vet hospital.
--Get a call 30 minutes later that the rabbit has passed. (The rabbit was only a year old).
---Spend the next two hours agonizing and trying to figure out when to tell fiance without ruining her enjoyment of the rest of camp.

Good news is I found a good (non-busy) time to tell her, and that even though the rabbit was only a year old, she still lived a longer life than if we hadn't adopted her (since the person said she was probably just going to be snake food if she didn't get adopted).

Also both dogs are apparently doing fine. So that's good.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor bunny! any idea what happened?
Him

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blech. never buying tuna that cheap ever again. I had to throw it out. More than willing to pay a bit mroe for something that is actually edible. When it said "in water" it didn't specify "pisswater". ugh. Almost makes me gag just thinking of it.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Had a conversation with another baby boomer about generation differences. She said that Gen Y'ers are communists (with all the sharing and reliance on others.)

how dare they! _we_ did all the work to get proclaimed pinko hippie commies, what with our protesting and long hair and alternate lifestyles - and they think they can come along and just _share_ with people and be proclaimed communists? impudent upstarts!

i'd be laughing, except the notion that my generation has already turned into its parents is too depressing.

Which generation are you in?

Every generation does that, though. I look forward to hearing Gen Y talk about those damn kids on the damn cyber lawn, being lazy and doing nothing with their life. (I mean, little Jimmy there has only seeded ten planets with life and raised some civilizations. When is he gonna get serious about life!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
poor bunny! any idea what happened?

We don't know, no, and the necropsy would apprently be-Well, the person who rushed the rabbit to the hospital reported it would be $120 for the hospital to take the rabbit *to* necropsy (which just resulted in them sending it to a nearby university), and the necropsy would be "Some large, undisclosed sum." Which in my mind means around $1000 or so.

A friend of mine who's lost ferrets to seizures said wait loss before seizures is not uncommon, so it could just have been luck-of-the-draw (in a bad way, mind.)
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I'm losing my grip on reality.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that doesn't sound good. what's going on?
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time for months now I am incredibly depressed or incredibly angry. it takes days to get back to normal. I get set off by stupid little things and a lot of them are triggered by interactions and miscommunications with a female coworker that I am sort-of friends with (and I think I'm overly attached to, because I dont have much in common with others I work with). I've had issues before but never this extreme. I can't relax, I barely get any sleep, and I can't get out of bed unless I have to be somewhere. I keep having to force myself to eat because I;'m too angry or too tired or too depressed. I dont have money for medication or counseling. I'm powerless to "fix" any of the things in my life that are wrong or broken. Events of today may have destroyed that friendship, too, but I dont know and cant stop thinking & obsessing about it which isnt normal.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there are chance at all you could take a big vacation or get a job somewhere else? Not small steps (or easy ones) but if you're not managing to do anything where you are now... It sounds rough :(
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Yoz, you sound extremely depressed. Does your work have a counsellor or are there any cheap medicos or health workers you can chat to? You might
find talking to someone will help level you out a bit, and especially help with the bed thing.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds bad...really bad...
The only thing I can suggest, is to try to listen to people around you...the kind ones....
and don't let yourself convince you..that no one cares...people care.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Awkward made a post about how to obtain mental health care in the USA and Canada. It might be helpful.

http://captainawkward.com/2011/09/22/how-to-locate-low-cost-mental-health-care-in-the-us-and-canada-guest-post/

I hope you find a solution!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations to my tonsils for officially graduating from me and joining the illustrious ShadowCell Alumni Association. hopefully the Queen will recognize this momentous occasion and create them the nobility they so richly deserve.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
congratulations to my tonsils for officially graduating from me and joining the illustrious ShadowCell Alumni Association. hopefully the Queen will recognize this momentous occasion and create them the nobility they so richly deserve.

Tonsillectomy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1199, 1200, 1201 ... 1236, 1237, 1238  Next
Page 1200 of 1238

Jump to: