welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1200, 1201, 1202 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonsilmancipation.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonsillectomy, yes

i have named them Dwight and Howard, because that seems like a fitting name for things that are infectious and have to be surgically removed and are someone else's problem now and despite the pain and inconvenience they leave in they're wake you're ultimately better off without them
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
tonsillectomy, yes

i have named them Dwight and Howard, because that seems like a fitting name for things that are infectious and have to be surgically removed and are someone else's problem now and despite the pain and inconvenience they leave in they're wake you're ultimately better off without them

Ouch. Hope they gave you something to deal with the pain. At least you won't have to deal with them again.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yorick - i have to agree with the people who are saying, find some sort of clinic. i know it can be really hard to take action on a thing like that when you are really depressed, but it sounds like you really need it - hopefully, stripey's link can help you find a way to go.

good luck! and let us know how you get on.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
mouse wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Had a conversation with another baby boomer about generation differences. She said that Gen Y'ers are communists (with all the sharing and reliance on others.)

how dare they! _we_ did all the work to get proclaimed pinko hippie commies, what with our protesting and long hair and alternate lifestyles - and they think they can come along and just _share_ with people and be proclaimed communists? impudent upstarts!

i'd be laughing, except the notion that my generation has already turned into its parents is too depressing.

Which generation are you in?

Every generation does that, though. I look forward to hearing Gen Y talk about those damn kids on the damn cyber lawn, being lazy and doing nothing with their life. (I mean, little Jimmy there has only seeded ten planets with life and raised some civilizations. When is he gonna get serious about life!)

solidly in the middle of the baby boom. so now i realized my comment about my generation turning into our parents is completely off-base...we are getting old enough to be turning into our grandparents. and shit - i'm less than a month away from another birthday. WE WEREN'T EVER SUPPOSED TO GET THIS OLD!

i'm going to go roll up into a ball and sob softly under my desk now.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps I thought you were near my age?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born grouchy and old and hating teenagers.
Dro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:

I think one of the interesting side effects of the internet is that it becomes apparent that older people actually have personalities, and that younger people actually have an understanding of the world. Whereas if a teen and a grandparent pass each other on the street, the old person is wearing stuffy clothes and the young person is giggling to a friend and it is hard to see past that.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:

how much it helps depends on how old _you_ are.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how old do you think I am? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very personal question stripey, I really don't feel comfortable sharing that kind of information on the internet
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the NSA agents right behind you probably don't think it's personal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all right then.

I think you are 37. Mr. Smith thinks you might be 52 and "also Mr. Smith" says he knows but isn't telling.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was guessing around 30 from your pictures, but then you said you were talking to "another baby boomer" so then i thought you also were a baby boomer which would mean you would have to be at least 49 which now that i work it out doesn't seem likely (unless like him you also refuse to age) but then that would mean that you just occasionally opt to talk to baby boomers (in fact, that might be only the 2nd one you talked to!) and what do you have against us anyway?
eureka00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my neighbor that I've complained about on here before officially doesn't like us. A guy that has been doing lawncare/landscaping work for me all summer was going to be trimming a tree in my backyard today. He has a trailer to haul the limbs away with and has always asked her permission to drive through part of her lawn to get to my yard.

Today, though, she told him that after today he wouldn't be able to because she doesn't like us and is going to be putting birdhouse(s) on poles on the property line and adding rocks near the back so it is no longer possible to put a truck back there. She told him the reason she didn't like us is because we don't keep up our yard the way she thinks we should. Also, she claims to have gone to city hall to complain about landscape guy I guess. (god knows why) The landscape guy is around my Dad's age and he cracked me up when I talked to him tonight, "Have you ever like talked to her? She's not right."

I wish she knew how many hours we work a week. She works a part-time job...maybe. Also, we just aren't outdoorsy people unless playing outside with daughter. Yardwork isn't my thing which is why I pay to have it done. The yard is mowed every week on Friday, and we're working on getting to all the bushes/trees that need trimming. She should be glad we don't throw loud parties every night and throw beer bottles in her yard. Things could be a lot worse for her really.

At this point, I'm not going to confront her at all. She probably wouldn't hear anything I said anyways. I'm just going to let her do her thing, calm down, and abide by her wishes. We haven't done anything wrong. I hope to win her back by showing her more yard improvements in the future. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1200, 1201, 1202 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1201 of 1254

Jump to: