welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1201, 1202, 1203 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She sounds like a person who wishes for a HOA in the neighborhood so she had a legal reason to be in everybody's business.

I'm glad I have decent neighbors.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think I was very nearly mugged this morning.

while driving to work I suddenly hit something and caused a dragging noise under my car. I reluctantly stopped my car in the awful neighborhood I was in and got out with my police baton tucked away. After looking around for a few moments I got down and looked only to find a bike wheel lodged under my car. I pulled it out and threw it off to the sidewalk and climbed into my car to drive off.

There was no bike wheel in the road when I was driving, I would have seen it. I reported suspicious activity to the cops and hope they didn't mug an unsuspecting person in the mean time.
eureka00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
She sounds like a person who wishes for a HOA in the neighborhood so she had a legal reason to be in everybody's business.

Yeah, she's just an older lady with her perfectly manicured yard and wishes that our yard was the same as hers. We're just the upstart youngsters who don't know anything about taking care of a yard/house.

I'm just mad that the one year I'm able to afford to get trees trimmed professionally she decides to throw a big fit. If you want it to look nice then you have to allow us to do it. It's really as simple as that.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
i was guessing around 30 from your pictures, but then you said you were talking to "another baby boomer" so then i thought you also were a baby boomer which would mean you would have to be at least 49 which now that i work it out doesn't seem likely (unless like him you also refuse to age) but then that would mean that you just occasionally opt to talk to baby boomers (in fact, that might be only the 2nd one you talked to!) and what do you have against us anyway?

Yeah, I'm around 30. I said 'another baby boomer' because I've had bad conversations with more than one baby boomer, and I mentioned not too long ago in this thread there are some generation gaps at work among the baby boomers and everyone else. I've always liked talking to people who are older than me and hanging out with them, so I've had plenty of opportunities.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:

Yeah, she's just an older lady with her perfectly manicured yard and wishes that our yard was the same as hers. We're just the upstart youngsters who don't know anything about taking care of a yard/house.

I'm just mad that the one year I'm able to afford to get trees trimmed professionally she decides to throw a big fit. If you want it to look nice then you have to allow us to do it. It's really as simple as that.

i personally think it's pretty funny that she complains about your landscaping to the guy paid to work on your landscaping while he is getting her permission to do landscaping stuff. to your landscape. yeah, there seem to be one or two screws that could be tightened.

do you know what she thinks of her other neighbors?
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I've had bad conversations with more than one baby boomer

Sad

it's probably just the ones who have turned into their grandparents. some of us have refused to grow up at all!

actually, you could probably have bad conversations with us, too, but at least they would be bad for different reasons....
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to be the people who got older but managed to grow up so sheltered and narrow that they can't fathom other people having a different experience than them - and hence anyone who hasn't made it if they have made it is just lazy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds more like spoiled rich kids to me - you can get those in any generation.
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, stripey, I get a little bit of a "what is it with every boomer and their generalizations about different generations" vibe from your comments!
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way! I've known boomers who weren't like that, and I know people in other generations who are stupid about people in generations not their own. It's just this particular thing that is bugging me and showing up a lot for me right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
eureka00 wrote:
DeD CHiKn wrote:

i personally think it's pretty funny that she complains about your landscaping to the guy paid to work on your landscaping while he is getting her permission to do landscaping stuff. to your landscape. yeah, there seem to be one or two screws that could be tightened.

do you know what she thinks of her other neighbors?

I know the neighbors on the other side of her have a pretty well manicured lawn as well, but I don't really know much about them other than the awful Obama hate signs they had in their yard during the election.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a much nicer person than I Erika, I would be planting some obnoxious things on the property line.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poop in the azaleas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually when people talk about life in suburbia I think "Oh my god I need to move to the biggest city I can afford and never have to worry about my neighbors beyond "boy I sure hope that isn't meth I'm smelling" and I'm really not sure that's a healthy response but it doesn't seem to be going away.

I don't think I'll ever be the white picket fence kind of person people kept assuming I should be.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
I also think I was very nearly mugged this morning.

while driving to work I suddenly hit something and caused a dragging noise under my car. I reluctantly stopped my car in the awful neighborhood I was in and got out with my police baton tucked away. After looking around for a few moments I got down and looked only to find a bike wheel lodged under my car. I pulled it out and threw it off to the sidewalk and climbed into my car to drive off.

There was no bike wheel in the road when I was driving, I would have seen it. I reported suspicious activity to the cops and hope they didn't mug an unsuspecting person in the mean time.

So the idea would be that someone throws or rolls the tire under your car, then mugs you when you get out to check out what you hit and/or try to get it out from under the car? If so, that's sneaky as hell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1201, 1202, 1203 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1202 of 1254

Jump to: