welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1213, 1214, 1215 ... 1249, 1250, 1251  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So work has been talking about moving location. They want to put the office more into Amsterdam and away from the airport. This makes my travelling time double and much too long to help out properly at evening meetings and events.

There's a good chance I might have to look for a new job in a year or so. Maybe even sooner.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
The police one really angers me.

Yeah, girls can't want to look like real police officers... they want to look like strippers in police costumes.

Sorry about your job situation. Job stuff can be so stressful.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bothered me was that they took anthropomorphic animal characters who were fairly gender neutral (a raccoon is a raccoon) and made them girly. I don't see them doing the flipside and making other costumes more boyish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed the girl ones all have open faces, tutus/skirts, and tights/bare legs; while several of the boys have covered faces and they all have pants (well, that first one is kind of a spandex jumpsuit).
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SO walked past for a second when I was looking at that picture and he said: hey she's hot.

I said: You know she's possibly 8 right?

He double-checked and went WTF?

He also mentioned that's the kind of clothes people will claim that 'ask' for rape. x.x
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
What bothered me was that they took anthropomorphic animal characters who were fairly gender neutral (a raccoon is a raccoon) and made them girly. I don't see them doing the flipside and making other costumes more boyish.

... I'm not going to lie, the first thought that came to my mind when I read that was "TIME TO MAKE A CHILDREN'S TANUKI COSTUME!"

... I am going to make either an awesome or terrible parent to my future, hypothetical children.

Also yeah, that really bugs me too (the "Girl's costume? SKIRTS AND STRIPPER THEME TIME". WTF. I bet if these folks made Samus Aran costumes, the boy's costume would look like Samus, and the girl's would look like.. I'm not sure. Zero Suit Samus showing more skin or something. Stripper Metroid. Whatever.)
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to self. Don't ever go into Goblins webcomic forum again.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

What in gods name did you encounter? I sorta stopped reading that comic after it went SUPERGRIMDARK, I admit (Grimdark and gratuitous gore are noooottt things I'm a huge fan of. XD)
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:

What in gods name did you encounter? I sorta stopped reading that comic after it went SUPERGRIMDARK, I admit (Grimdark and gratuitous gore are noooottt things I'm a huge fan of. XD)

Thunt made a blog post of how his mother was raped. His fans proceeded to make a thread with comments on how rape victims should be strong aka quiet and they should 'get over it'.

A moderator even tried to make things better by telling people they have no right to tell rape victims what to do and they just strawmanned all over the place.

I like the Goblins Comic to a degree. I absolutely loathe most of his fans.

Last edited by Yinello on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Felgraf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Yinello wrote:

Thunt made a blog post of how his mother was raped. His fans proceeded to make a thread with comments on how rape victims should strong aka quiet and they should 'get over it'.

A moderator even tried to make things better by telling people they have no right to tell rape victims what to do and they just strawmanned all over the place.

I like the Goblins Comic to a degree. I absolutely loathe most of his fans.

What the fuck is wrong with people?
-Ed, from Digger
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblins is good. Thunt is nuts. Most of his fans should be shot out of a cannon into the sun.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance companies in Colorado are wriggling their way out of paying for people who had their homes damage or destroyed. Not that this is probably any surprise to anyone, but it's affecting people I personally know - and I'm in no position to help make it better.

I was reading in an article that an insurance salesman in the area didn't have any flood coverage personally. He said it wouldn't have made a difference because the flood waters have to 'come through the front door' to count as flood damage. From everything else I'm reading, it sounds like the coverage needed to deal with a flood has been splintered into so many tiny pieces that very few people could actually get that coverage.

Apparently in the parts of Louisiana that aren't New Orleans (you know, the ones that no one cares about when hurricanes strike), insurance companies insist that damage was caused by 'wind' and thus can't be covered by whatever hurricane-related policies customers have purchased.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, because hurricanes are particularly notable for their lack of wind Rolling Eyes

i haven't particularly noticed, but surely the flood regions have been declared a disaster area - does that help get them assistance?
TIAB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inlaws sent a Happy Anniversary card.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....for the wedding or the separation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1213, 1214, 1215 ... 1249, 1250, 1251  Next
Page 1214 of 1251

Jump to: