welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1214, 1215, 1216 ... 1253, 1254, 1255  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
right, because hurricanes are particularly notable for their lack of wind Rolling Eyes

i haven't particularly noticed, but surely the flood regions have been declared a disaster area - does that help get them assistance?

It's not like Hurricanes are classified by their sustained wind speed or anything.

Disaster relief funds can take months to years to collect, much longer, on average, than insurance payouts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TIAB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedding. Confused
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIAB wrote:
Wedding. Confused

Well that sucks.

Sorry dude.

Him

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me so long to realize that that feeling I got when a certain close friend calls me in the middle of the night, the way we can talk about anything, the reason those occasional times when we've drunkenly ended up in the same bed sticks with me might have something to do with more than just being close friends. It's taken me less time to realize this is probably all there will be, now I do enjoy being close friends, all the rest of it, I'm not foolish enough to want to throw all of that away simply over some notion that I might be in love and they just don't have those kinds of feelings for me. It made me realize though that love's never really worked out for me, well at lest not in the sense that I have fallen in love with someone and then from that become lovers. No, every single time it has been the other person falling for me, pursuing me and me just letting their feelings for me become my feelings for them. Never the other way around. Maybe I subconsciously self-sabotage because me falling for someone who isn't like actively trying to make me has always been associated with rejection. Or maybe that's just how life is, one day a beautiful stranger will walk into my life and turn everything upside down.
Or maybe I should just go by train or plane and throw myself into the arms of those that already have some kind of romantic feelings for me, say fuck my insecurities, fuck the expense, this is just such a rare occurrence anyway, I should see where it takes me. All that seems so...naive though. I don't know. Also maybe it wouldn't do them justice to, in a way, use their feelings for me in the hopes of mending my own heart. I'd like to say I've grown up, matured, over the years certainly in the way I relate to love, but truth be told love in itself is still a bit of mystery.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
It took me so long to realize that that feeling I got when a certain close friend calls me in the middle of the night, the way we can talk about anything, the reason those occasional times when we've drunkenly ended up in the same bed sticks with me might have something to do with more than just being close friends. It's taken me less time to realize this is probably all there will be, now I do enjoy being close friends, all the rest of it, I'm not foolish enough to want to throw all of that away simply over some notion that I might be in love and they just don't have those kinds of feelings for me. It made me realize though that love's never really worked out for me, well at lest not in the sense that I have fallen in love with someone and then from that become lovers. No, every single time it has been the other person falling for me, pursuing me and me just letting their feelings for me become my feelings for them. Never the other way around. Maybe I subconsciously self-sabotage because me falling for someone who isn't like actively trying to make me has always been associated with rejection. Or maybe that's just how life is, one day a beautiful stranger will walk into my life and turn everything upside down.
Or maybe I should just go by train or plane and throw myself into the arms of those that already have some kind of romantic feelings for me, say fuck my insecurities, fuck the expense, this is just such a rare occurrence anyway, I should see where it takes me. All that seems so...naive though. I don't know. Also maybe it wouldn't do them justice to, in a way, use their feelings for me in the hopes of mending my own heart. I'd like to say I've grown up, matured, over the years certainly in the way I relate to love, but truth be told love in itself is still a bit of mystery.

Well the fact that you realise it's not cool to use anothers feelings as a way of making yourself feel better pretty much shows maturity.

Him

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Well the fact that you realise it's not cool to use anothers feelings as a way of making yourself feel better pretty much shows maturity.
Of course. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between love and loneliness though you know. Just venting a bit really.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Snorri wrote:
Of course. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between love and loneliness though you know. Just venting a bit really.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've made the mistake of confusing the two myself.

DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For months, more than a year now, I have complained about the temperature of our room. I've used basic "it's uncomfortable" complaints and even gone into the sterility factor of having a hot room to house supplies.

I have been told there is no temperature control in the room because it wasn't zoned to have people working in it. They are trying to fix it. Basically, we'll fix it one day, maybe, probably not.

JCAHO visited us today. Guess whose room has AC all of the sudden?

I've lodged several verbal complaints and told my boss that I need a link to a person to bring this complaint to. The higher the better.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
right, because hurricanes are particularly notable for their lack of wind Rolling Eyes

i haven't particularly noticed, but surely the flood regions have been declared a disaster area - does that help get them assistance?

They get assistance from FEMA, and also relatives, so they're doing fine for now. Just can't expect to get either their house back or ever sell it since no one's going to buy a house in that area now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i don't know - people seem to have an amazing ability to forget about floods. it will take a few years without them, however. how bad is their house?
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
For months, more than a year now, I have complained about the temperature of our room. I've used basic "it's uncomfortable" complaints and even gone into the sterility factor of having a hot room to house supplies.

I have been told there is no temperature control in the room because it wasn't zoned to have people working in it. They are trying to fix it. Basically, we'll fix it one day, maybe, probably not.

JCAHO visited us today. Guess whose room has AC all of the sudden?

I've lodged several verbal complaints and told my boss that I need a link to a person to bring this complaint to. The higher the better.

Sounds like hospital administration, alright. It's good to know they're the same everywhere.

Or maybe horrible. I think probably horrible.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^
Pretty much the definition of "cold comfort" Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
oh, i don't know - people seem to have an amazing ability to forget about floods. it will take a few years without them, however. how bad is their house?

Haven't heard too much about that. I don't know if they've been able to get a look at the place yet. It sounded to me like the structure was still standing, and I think they were hoping just the floors were damaged.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed an Amazon order on Saturday, and chose Prime two-day shipping. It hasn't shipped yet and my expected arrival date is Friday.

My horror is that I can't believe I've become so spoiled that getting something in 5 days from who-knows-where is unacceptable to me.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
oh, i don't know - people seem to have an amazing ability to forget about floods. it will take a few years without them, however.

It really doesn't. The Siletz is a yearly flood plain, doesn't stop people from buying and building houses on the first terrace.

Hell, people build multi-million dollar homes on the Siletz spit, a sandbar that the river shat out into the ocean back in the seventies (which has been slowly disintegrating ever since).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1214, 1215, 1216 ... 1253, 1254, 1255  Next
Page 1215 of 1255

Jump to: