welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1217, 1218, 1219 ... 1244, 1245, 1246  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I don't know much about EEGs, despite having had two. There are different types of abnormalities that can present on them, though, and you'd need to know which kind he had in order to know what it meant.

I don't know how you're getting your information, but the EEG would have been interpreted by a neurologist, who would have filed their interpretation in his medical record. That interpretation would tell you (in medical jargon) what the EEG suggests. If your brother (or whomever has access to it) can get you a copy of it, I'm sure we could decipher it for you.

Sorry I can't be more specific, or helpful. Sad

I got the information secondhand from my mother, but it sounded like they were leaning towards epilepsy. However, they were waiting on MRI until final diagnosis.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epilepsy should be treatable, yes?

i hope he ends up with a treatable diagnosis. about all the positive i can offer is the hope that this let them find whatever the problem is before something worse happens.
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
Well, last night was kind of a shit pits kind of night. Found out that hubby was denied unemployment, and we don't really see any hope in doing an appeal. Everything listed on the paper he received yesterday was correct for the reasoning he was fired. Why appeal it? So he's on the job search double time now.

I also learned last night that my brother got the results of his EEG test, and he has a spot on his brain. I'm not sure what this could mean, but he's having an MRI done today. Any medical gurus able to ease my mind on this? I'm trying desperately not be really scared.

They do it for a suspicion of epilepsy so I figure it's possible he might have epilepsy. But what kind and how severe it is is anybody's guess except for the doctors.

I don't know. Try not to worry since it's not going to change anything. There are doctors going over it and all that. And odds are your brother got something manageable, even though it's probably going to suck balls still.

DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing medical to add, but wanted to send good wishes.
Jinx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
I have nothing medical to add, but wanted to send good wishes.

QFT
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm hoping it's epilepsy that can mostly be managed. Thanks for the support.

My hubby's job search has been going well at least. He applied yesterday for a job at a nursing home and they said they thought the supervisor would be really happy to see an app turned in because they have several openings. Hubby said he was filling out his app at a table on the 2nd floor and the elevator door opened and a dog walked out by himself. He said it was the most comical thing ever. They have several service dogs, I guess.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did... did the dog push the button his self? Surprised

(I'm sure a human could've done it without staying in the elevator but I like to imagine the dog can do it on his own)

Also, I'm going to guess epilepsy, since a seizure brought him to the hospital. Granted, lots of things can cause seizures but if that's what a spot on the EEG often indicates, I'll go with that. Positive thinking! Or something. Either way, I really, really hope he'll be okay.

eureka00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrophy Annie wrote:
Did... did the dog push the button his self? Surprised

(I'm sure a human could've done it without staying in the elevator but I like to imagine the dog can do it on his own)

Also, I'm going to guess epilepsy, since a seizure brought him to the hospital. Granted, lots of things can cause seizures but if that's what a spot on the EEG often indicates, I'll go with that. Positive thinking! Or something. Either way, I really, really hope he'll be okay.

Haha, I guess he asked and they said that the staff let the dogs go up the elevator (push button for them) if they see them sitting by the door.
mouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder how they know what floor the dog wants.....

pretty smart dogs, clearly.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My former manager just lost her daughter...19 years old, her 1 year old will never know her mom...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is truly horrible. Maybe because I lost my mom when I was young (14), but it always hits me when someone with children passes. We lost one person from my unit when I was in Iraq. At the memorial service, I was okay until they started talking about his three little girls. The thought of those girls without their dad really tore me up.

My heart goes out to that little girl.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's awful, monkey. there's just nothing you can say to a situation like that.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught my thumb dicing onions. Don't worry, I didn't damage the skin, I only managed to shear off the nail. Well, most of it.
Jinx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a job as a prep cook for a while in my youth. Folks used to say that God invented finger nails to help keep clumsy cooks from cutting off the tips of their fingers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1217, 1218, 1219 ... 1244, 1245, 1246  Next
Page 1218 of 1246

Jump to: