welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1222, 1223, 1224 ... 1254, 1255, 1256  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finish my certification this Monday, so hopefully that will help with the search.
mouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! it certainly should. it sounds like you did well, so be sure you ask your instructors for references, just in case. also, the certificate gives you a good reason for broadening the types of job you are looking for (just in case any potential employer wonders why you are applying for something different from the job you had). i will focus my holiday wishes on hoping Santa brings you a shiny new job.

and samsally - reading those over.....are you sure you weren't arguing with Thy over there as well?
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well according to facebook he's had the same job since before I was even alive so. Also he lives in the same place as me.

Isn't that lovely? I could run into him around town.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it's time to move to Portland, OR, where the weird people you meet online are more likely to knit scarves for beaver statues downtown instead of being gross and super sexist.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
are you sure you weren't arguing with Thy over there as well?

You should be thankful for the class and sophistication I bring to the table.
Snorri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:
Samsally wrote:
UGH I got in a fight on the internet and I SHOULD KNOW BETTER BY NOW.

But he was being gross and making super sexist implications and then somehow it was about philosophy and he was quoting John Lennon and oh my god I just want to set everything on fire now.

What could john lennon possibly have said that redeems sexist implications?

Well, if you want context. On reflection, I do see where he was coming from, but I still think an apology was in order. I'm dropping out of the conversation completely though.

1. 2. 3.

Yup. Filled the bingo card I think.

You women and your identifying yourself as women is the real problem here.

Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Lennon was a rich white guy too.

"Hey everyone, i know that i've not really had to deal with any of the usual struggles against oppresion that minorities and women have had but, we should all just be people maaaan"

I'm somewhat unsurprised that I usually hear arguments (presented less sarcastically than I just did) coming from white trustafarians in eugene, or well off retired former flowerchildren.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

I'm somewhat unsurprised that I usually hear arguments (presented less sarcastically than I just did) coming from white trustafarians in eugene, or well off retired former flowerchildren.

When I was in my early 20s bar scene age there was a group of crust punks that would come around all the places I frequented. Only issue, they were all from affluent homes and were trust fund kids.

Living in squalor and filth doesn't mean much when you can stop anytime you want.
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you call your dad he could, stop it all

duhduhduh

You'll never be like common people!
You'll never live like common people do!
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure I gave my self a mild case of frostbite this morning on accident. Couldn't get in the building. =\

No permanent damage, at least.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: details are everything. Reply with quote

As I stood there, trapped in the cold wilderness surrounding my office building,.. I cursed.

"FUCK YOU DOOR"

The hinges were frozen shut.

Slowly, I felt the seething rage within me take over my body.

"SAMSALLY BITE DOOR OPEN, SAMSALLY SMASH DOORKNOB TO BITS"

Oh no.

"ITH STTTUUUUUUCKTH TOBTH MEEETTHH, ARRRRRRRRRGTHHBTTPTHS"

Eyes turned toward me, openly gawking at my awkward position.

A steaming cup of coffee was flung at me, scalding my eyes, yet freeing me from my predicament.

"CURSE YOU, HUMAN RESOURCE GUY"

I pretended like nothing happened and went about my business.
Ennis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my wisdom teeth taken out this morning. I've been sleeping pretty much all day just to escape the pain and taken four pain killers (not at once). I haven't been able to drink anything but water until just now (and I wasn't allowed to eat since last night) but y'know, that wasn't the worst bit about this whole thing. The worst bits were that I suddenly came down with some kind of cold yesterday that made my throat hurt, which I couldn't do anything about at night because I couldn't drink for today's operation, and my nose was clogged up, so last night I barely got any sleep. Fortunately I was still well enough for the surgery, but ever since it's been pain pain pain.

However, even worse STILL was that somehow when I was lying down my nose started bleeding profusely and only stopped when I was overcome by a sudden wave of nausea and started dry heaving because I had nothing to throw up. Eventually I just threw up some blood (presumably that I had swallowed). That seemed to make me feel better though, so now I'm drinking a banana smoothie. So yeah, that was my day.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Ennis. :/ That sucks majorly. I also had my wisdom teeth pulled but the worst that happen is my jaw swelled up and looked bruised for a few days.

Oh and the disgusting fluids that came out of the hole as it was healing and closing. Urghhhhh.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
I had my wisdom teeth taken out this morning. I've been sleeping pretty much all day just to escape the pain and taken four pain killers (not at once). I haven't been able to drink anything but water until just now (and I wasn't allowed to eat since last night) but y'know, that wasn't the worst bit about this whole thing. The worst bits were that I suddenly came down with some kind of cold yesterday that made my throat hurt, which I couldn't do anything about at night because I couldn't drink for today's operation, and my nose was clogged up, so last night I barely got any sleep. Fortunately I was still well enough for the surgery, but ever since it's been pain pain pain.

However, even worse STILL was that somehow when I was lying down my nose started bleeding profusely and only stopped when I was overcome by a sudden wave of nausea and started dry heaving because I had nothing to throw up. Eventually I just threw up some blood (presumably that I had swallowed). That seemed to make me feel better though, so now I'm drinking a banana smoothie. So yeah, that was my day.

Oh yeah, that'd be the blood. Same thing happened to me when I had my wisdom teeth out (not due to a nosebleed, but nausea from swallowing the blood).

Word of advice: DO NOT eat peanut butter for the next month or so, or if you do, rinse out the holes with the syringe/squirt thingy they give you *immediately*. Not for health reasons, just 'cause, uh, if you wait too long, it's... reaalllyy gross when you rinse it back out.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Ennis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Dang Ennis. :/ That sucks majorly. I also had my wisdom teeth pulled but the worst that happen is my jaw swelled up and looked bruised for a few days.

Oh and the disgusting fluids that came out of the hole as it was healing and closing. Urghhhhh.

My face looks like a chipmunk right now haha. What kind of fluids? 0_o I've just had blood sort of... being there.

Felgraf wrote:
Word of advice: DO NOT eat peanut butter for the next month or so, or if you do, rinse out the holes with the syringe/squirt thingy they give you *immediately*. Not for health reasons, just 'cause, uh, if you wait too long, it's... reaalllyy gross when you rinse it back out.

I didn't get a syringe or squirt thingy... they just said to rinse out my mouth with salt water after I eat. I'll keep it in mind though.

I thought I was going to be okay with eating soup but a) the soup tasted awful, more so because it wasn't allowed to be hot and b) it hurt my mouth even though I had been fine with the smoothie before. So I'm probably not going to try to eat anything until tomorrow now, I still feel kinda sick anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1222, 1223, 1224 ... 1254, 1255, 1256  Next
Page 1223 of 1256

Jump to: