Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1223, 1224, 1225 ... 1236, 1237, 1238  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felgraf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Yinello wrote:
Dang Ennis. :/ That sucks majorly. I also had my wisdom teeth pulled but the worst that happen is my jaw swelled up and looked bruised for a few days.

Oh and the disgusting fluids that came out of the hole as it was healing and closing. Urghhhhh.

My face looks like a chipmunk right now haha. What kind of fluids? 0_o I've just had blood sort of... being there.

Felgraf wrote:
Word of advice: DO NOT eat peanut butter for the next month or so, or if you do, rinse out the holes with the syringe/squirt thingy they give you *immediately*. Not for health reasons, just 'cause, uh, if you wait too long, it's... reaalllyy gross when you rinse it back out.

I didn't get a syringe or squirt thingy... they just said to rinse out my mouth with salt water after I eat. I'll keep it in mind though.

I thought I was going to be okay with eating soup but a) the soup tasted awful, more so because it wasn't allowed to be hot and b) it hurt my mouth even though I had been fine with the smoothie before. So I'm probably not going to try to eat anything until tomorrow now, I still feel kinda sick anyway.

Fair enough. They gave me a little needle-less syringe, to help squirt/irrigate into the holes in my mouth-

Then again, three of mine were impacted, so that might be why.

Or maybe I bought one, I honestly can't remember too clearly.

Do becareful with smoothies-Use a spoon. Using a straw on thick fluids could, I was told, pull the stitches out prematurely (though, again, I had impacted wisdom teeth, so they, uh, kinda had to drill into my jaw a bit. You may not have that issue.)

Good luck!
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could probably pick up a syringe at a pharmacy/market/whatever, if you thought it would help... seems like it would, you know? A tiny jet of water?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Target gave me some for free last year when I asked in their pharmacy if they sold them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i had my wisdom teeth out i think i lived on clear liquids for about a week, because i was afraid of getting stuff in the holes.

it was extremely annoying, especially because i didn't even lose any weight (as i recall).

hope you feel better (and heal up!) quickly, Ennis.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not drink beer immediately following your tooth extraction.

It might seem like a good idea at first, then your blood is thin and you start bleeding again. Everyone stares. Also it hurt really bad.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every so often Sinfest reminds me of why I never want to get my wisdom teeth taken out ever.

I only ever had the three and since they aren't actively causing me agonizing pain I'm just going to avoid that particular surgery like the plague.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Fair enough. They gave me a little needle-less syringe, to help squirt/irrigate into the holes in my mouth-

Then again, three of mine were impacted, so that might be why.

Or maybe I bought one, I honestly can't remember too clearly.

Do becareful with smoothies-Use a spoon. Using a straw on thick fluids could, I was told, pull the stitches out prematurely (though, again, I had impacted wisdom teeth, so they, uh, kinda had to drill into my jaw a bit. You may not have that issue.)

Good luck!

I didn't get stitches, I don't think. My wisdom teeth weren't impacted though.

I don't think I need a syringe, otherwise they would have told me to get one or given me one. As I said, all they told me to do was rinse my mouth out with salt water after every meal and brush my teeth when I can.

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Do not drink beer immediately following your tooth extraction.

It might seem like a good idea at first, then your blood is thin and you start bleeding again. Everyone stares. Also it hurt really bad.

It's a good thing I don't drink beer then. Or any other kind of alcohol, really. I'm more annoyed that I'm not allowed to have hot tea for awhile. It's a good thing I'm sort of used to having it lukewarm, since I forget about the mug sometimes but don't want to waste the tea.

My face is really swollen today, it looks like I've got acorns stuffed in my cheeks haha.

mouse wrote:
when i had my wisdom teeth out i think i lived on clear liquids for about a week, because i was afraid of getting stuff in the holes.

it was extremely annoying, especially because i didn't even lose any weight (as i recall).

hope you feel better (and heal up!) quickly, Ennis.

Thanks! I hope I can start eating semi-solid things soon though, going a week on liquids (clear liquids too?!) sounds like hell.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some of my wisdom teeth taken out in the Navy. They basically line up all the recruits at a navy dentist's office, and yank out teeth assembly line style. Then those of us who had them pulled got vicodin and were allowed to lay in a bunk for a few days eating pudding and bread that other people brought to us. Fun times.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MAN LET ME TELL YOU HOW AWESOME IT IS TO GET YOUR WISDOM TEETH OUT

THAT ONE TIME I HAD TO ABSCOND TO A BATHROOM WITH PLIERS AND A LITERAL AWL TO ENGAGE IN AUTODENTISTRY BECAUSE I HAD A RAZOR SHARP SHARD OF BROKEN BONE CARVING ITSELF OUT OF MY GUMLINE THAT WAS REALLY COOL

OH WAIT I SAID "THAT ONE TIME" BUT I REALLY MEANT THOSE THREE TIMES
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are the coolest, Sam.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding out that after all the labor cuts at the company you've worked at for the past decade leave you 3 hours short of qualifying for vacation time this year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure am glad that I never had wisdom teeth.

Yikes.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one out a few weeks ago and experienced no real problems. Y'all are just bad at being good at everything like me.

Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all four of my wisdom teeth and they don't cause me any trouble because they know better. Suck it, Snorri!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have all my wisdom teeth too, no doubt because i am a Professional Philosopher, Esquire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1223, 1224, 1225 ... 1236, 1237, 1238  Next
Page 1224 of 1238

Jump to: