welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1225, 1226, 1227 ... 1253, 1254, 1255  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that's odd - i had a whole post, and it shows up in the editor, but not on screen.

so let's try it short and sweet:

TIAB:
1) since the ACA requires everyone to have insurance, it seems like it would take out your program entirely, so maybe you should ask them how the ACA fits in with their program.
2) check https://www.healthcare.gov/exemptions/ - remember, if you don't get insurance, you have to pay a fine, but that wouldn't be until 2015, and it may be a lot less than the insurance would cost - and there are exemptions at the link. not an ideal solution, but maybe a possible one.

and i really, really hope things pick up quickly for you - not at all a fun way to end the year.
TIAB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mouse. I think the #8 exemption listed under "Hardship Exemptions" seems to apply in my case. Need to find out how to prove that, though but that certainly seems promising.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought it might, with all the medical expenses you have had. would be nice if there were some benefit after all that pain.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess it's not really a horror because I am doing the right thing, but it means I miss out on a Christmas celebration I was looking forward to and I think my brother is pissed - even though I am insisting he go. See, I'm just showing a cold - and the guest list at the party includes 1) an extremely pregnant woman; 2) a 5-week old baby; 3) an immune-compromised cancer survivor and 4) a woman in her 90's. I was kind of hoping it might be OK, because I'm not doing a lot of coughing and sneezing, but I insisted we call to let them know - and they said "best to stay home". And I think he thinks I should have just gone, but I would have felt terrible if anyone got sick.
ah well.
sporko

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know how to handle this. there is a very very good chance i will not be able to make rent next month.

this is a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Mouse, good for you. It's rude as hell when sick people expose their illness to people when it's not necessary. I have no idea if you're contagious or not but better safe than sorry, especially considering the guest list.

And damn, sporks. Sad That truly is a horror and I really hope it works out.

mouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - that's what I figured, hopefully the guests will help my brother feel better about it too.

And yikes, sporko - that's not a good end to the year. I hope you can get something worked out.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retail is really just this absolute worst this time of year.

I spent the day getting yelled at for ruining Christmas, and I don't even get to spend Christmas with my own family because i have to work a full day tomorrow (we did not actually get a choice this year). We talked on the phone but it was mostly about how I fail at getting my life together.

Ugh, this place is toxic. Why am I so bad at just -leaving-.

Also the fucking weather man. Fuck.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Retail is really just this absolute worst this time of year.

I spent the day getting yelled at for ruining Christmas, and I don't even get to spend Christmas with my own family because i have to work a full day tomorrow (we did not actually get a choice this year). We talked on the phone but it was mostly about how I fail at getting my life together.

Ugh, this place is toxic. Why am I so bad at just -leaving-.

Also the fucking weather man. Fuck.

FFFF ARGH. Screw assholes that treat retail people terribley. Even though I've never worked retail, that always just makes me furious. Like it's somehow, automagically the clerk's fault that A) You waited until THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS to buy something, and B) They're out C) Something's malfunctioning/etc.

I'm so sorry you have to work tomorrow, too. That's just... argh.

Retail people do not get paid NEARLY enough for the shit you all go through. I could not do that job without murdering someone.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad That's so dumb. If people don't mind working Christmas, great! It shouldn't be required.

The more I learn about customer service and how it affects profits, the more I boggle at how shittily retail people are treated by their companies. "Why yes, we want you to be effective, conscientious, cheerful and totes devoted to our company while we underpay you and cut your hours to nearly nothing after months of hellish holiday overtime."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be surprised to learn that a recent study (sorry, no references handy) showed that the most successful companies actually score very poorly on customer service. IOW, good customers service is not the key to profitability.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when given the choice between

A) excellent customer service
B) a slightly cheaper and/or better product with mediocre customer service or even no customer service whatsoever

honestly, I'm going to choose B every single time (with the possible exception of Giant Evil Corporation Avoidance)

soz
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same with companies being open on Thanksgiving. Everyone complains about how awful it is to keep employees from their families and then gets in their car to drive to Walmart so they can trample someone while having a fist fight over an Xbox. There are no morals in shopping.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I used a word that was racist and I didn't know. Fuck my privilege. Also fuck my anxieties, making normal sounding words seem angry even though they totally are doing it for my benefit (I mean, you'd think I know what angry is seeing certain Sinfesters deal with asshats... xP).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1225, 1226, 1227 ... 1253, 1254, 1255  Next
Page 1226 of 1255

Jump to: