welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sporko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, guys.

so it turns out that when applying for jobs around here, people are really suspicious of you if you have no recent work history except as a nurse and are in school. i guess they figure you'll leave after xmas break (a valid and likely concern), and feel you're either underqualified for service industry/overqualified for retail.

sorry, just kind of wallowing right now.

*hugs to everyone in this thread*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried government aid programs?
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I missed your first post, sporko. I assume this occurred to you, but isn't your license in VA? Can you take an on-call/per diem RN job?
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:

so it turns out that when applying for jobs around here, people are really suspicious of you if you have no recent work history except as a nurse and are in school.

At least you don't have a big giant TERMINATED on your resume/work history. I feel this may be hindering my search.

They also successfully over threw my bid for unemployment aid, citing a "blatant and willful disregard for patient safety". Good times.

I got info from HR, my writes ups are as follows 12/11/2011, 12/6/2012, 12/5/2013. Third strike. I was on the phone, heard the dates and asked the girl if those dates seem suspicious to her too. Just long enough to keep me on probation, which resets on the year.

I got the joy of taking my dad to his work party for Christmas. He had surgery on Monday 12/16. A complete lymphnodectomy (I probably spelled that wrong) of his groin. He could barely walk so I had to hobble him in. Only issue is that he worked in my department. I got a bunch of people coming over to talk to me, most said flat out I was the fall guy fora mistake I didn't have control over or that normally wouldn't even be a problem. Then the managers came in, looked dead at me and said to each other but with no attempt to lower voices and hide it "I didn't think guests were allowed."

On the plus side I talked to the doctor that was paying for the party, he wished me luck and said he has some "choice words" for my boss on Monday.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you receive copies of any of your corrective action plans? I'd talk to an employment lawyer. That sounds shady, unless there's info we don't have.
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
sporko wrote:

so it turns out that when applying for jobs around here, people are really suspicious of you if you have no recent work history except as a nurse and are in school.

At least you don't have a big giant TERMINATED on your resume/work history. I feel this may be hindering my search.

They also successfully over threw my bid for unemployment aid, citing a "blatant and willful disregard for patient safety". Good times.

I got info from HR, my writes ups are as follows 12/11/2011, 12/6/2012, 12/5/2013. Third strike. I was on the phone, heard the dates and asked the girl if those dates seem suspicious to her too. Just long enough to keep me on probation, which resets on the year.

I got the joy of taking my dad to his work party for Christmas. He had surgery on Monday 12/16. A complete lymphnodectomy (I probably spelled that wrong) of his groin. He could barely walk so I had to hobble him in. Only issue is that he worked in my department. I got a bunch of people coming over to talk to me, most said flat out I was the fall guy fora mistake I didn't have control over or that normally wouldn't even be a problem. Then the managers came in, looked dead at me and said to each other but with no attempt to lower voices and hide it "I didn't think guests were allowed."

On the plus side I talked to the doctor that was paying for the party, he wished me luck and said he has some "choice words" for my boss on Monday.

Damn, we just went through the whole termination thing with my husband because of a bitchy nurse on a crusade. He didn't get unemployment either for being "unethical". But you know what? Now he has another RN position at a nursing home making MORE than he did before with far less stress and no damn on-call phone.

Last week, I found out from someone who works at my husband's old job that the bitchy nurse who was instrumental in getting my husband fired was fired herself. Karma.

My current horror is apparently last time my mother-in-law came to visit she asked my husband why our kitchen floors were so dirty. The tiles in our kitchen are for all purposes white. Trying to keep those things spotless is near impossible. She's on the fast track to not being invited back to my house. These past few years she has gotten so persnickety. Her personality has changed a lot since she had her bout of breast cancer a couple years ago, and it hasn't been for the best.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have the last one.

I'm less concerned with action because I did do (or not do as the case is) what they say, I'm more concerned with the fact that other people did the same thing and when I would bring it up was told "we hold you to a higher standard (while paying you less)." I'm not really looking for a hand out from the government, I have savings to cover me for a long while.

I think I brought up on here before the whole 100 item checklist verses my co workers 10 item list (for example). Little things such as that.

I do find the dates to be suspect, they were just far enough to keep me in probation and thereby disqualify me from tuition reimbursement.

Most of my "documentation" was saved in my email account, things like conversations and such, unfortunately they locked me out with in an hour of termination. Note, this also includes my electronic pay stubs and tax information. All of which they supposedly sent me, but I have not seen yet.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate facebook during football season. Fuck sakes.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just start commenting in their posts with "HOME RUN!!!"

Every single time.

ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I hate facebook during football season. Fuck sakes.

it's better if all your friends live in places with shitty teams that got eliminated weeks ago
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad I only have to deal with Seahawks fans on the news. That's bad enough.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My life is apparently in enough shambles that mom has suggested I quit the job that is sucking my soul and go live with my parents to regroup.

Actually that's not a real indicator of my life being in shambles, that just means mom cares about me and is worried about me which is pretty standard for her and dad (and makes me really lucky cuz not everyone gets that kind of parents).

I think the real sign I can't get my fucking life together is the fact that it is tempting.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
My life is apparently in enough shambles that mom has suggested I quit the job that is sucking my soul and go live with my parents to regroup.

Actually that's not a real indicator of my life being in shambles, that just means mom cares about me and is worried about me which is pretty standard for her and dad (and makes me really lucky cuz not everyone gets that kind of parents).

I think the real sign I can't get my fucking life together is the fact that it is tempting.

I don't think that's a sign that you can't get your life together.

That's a sign that the current economy is *terrible*, and that cost of living has gone up when wages have stagnated.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:

That's a sign that the current economy is *terrible*, and that cost of living has gone up when wages have stagnated.

Over the past 6 years my gross pay has dropped by 1/3. Stagnated is a nice way of putting it. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening my web browser and forgetting what I wanted it for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1226, 1227, 1228 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1227 of 1254

Jump to: