welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1228, 1229, 1230 ... 1256, 1257, 1258  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second ipad is now broken. I can still use it, thankfully. Although since the screen is just as broken as the other one with more memory, I may go back to using that one. It has been suggested that a screen protector will hold all the pieces together, and thankfully those are cheap. I'm sure this wouldn't have happened either if I had the money for an ipad cover.

In other news, all my clothes and socks are falling apart, accounts are overdrawn, and I'm making almost the same amount four years later I was making when I got started at my job.

And of course there are friends, relatives of friends, and pets dying. Some more businesses I care about are going out of business.

Bleh.

DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
ok, i'll put my comment as a spoiler

the fact that his initial thought was that he had a poisonous spider in his ear is not exactly the most reassuring thing i have read about australia.

It IS Australia, It's even poisonous or afraid of Dazed. Sometimes they overlap.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why am i seeing Dazed replacing Chuck Norris in an all-Australian thing.

DAZED CLIMBS INTO POISONOUS SPIDERS' EARS

(sorry, Samsally).

(the original story did not, in fact, involve poisonous spiders, if that helps).
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grr.

Long story short, a client needs to pay and he doesn't want to pay because he thinks he doesn't have to pay. And I honestly don't get why he think he doesn't need to pay and that makes me nervous, because I don't know if it's my fault or someone else's fault. And I hate feeling nervous.

The problem lies that he called me when I explained things to him last year. If he had emailed me, I would have proof on writing. Now I don't and because I didn't expect him to make a huge deal out of this, I didn't press on. Now he claims I didn't explain things properly which is bull because I always take the time to explain these things well.

Best I can do is just give his number to the higher ups and let them sort it out and see if I get blamed for this which is just annoying.
Him

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Him wrote:
Some dickweed stole my bankcard when I was out in a bar in December. I assumed nothing too terrible had happened since, with the exception of bars where you can sometimes order drinks with a rarely verified signature, you really need a PIN to do anything with it. Turns out they had managed to get my PIN and emptied my account, this was before I paid my rent too so for once there was some actual cash in there. And now I get a letter from the bank saying they won't refund me. Fuck this shit. I am appealing that, but thank fuck I had a savings account meaning I have enough to make bills and food this month but only barely. Fuck. Fuck. I hate this. Everything was going so well and then some shit like this happens.

It's a terrible fuck, but generally any time your own PIN appears to have been used in a transaction you're not going to get any recompense. Sorry man.

Yeah. Mega bad fucking luck. I need to appeal it still because fuck...I've got to. It's the eqvivalent of 1000£ we're talking about here. That is, some surplus from the month before, plus being pre all the bills. So yeah the wrost fucking luck ever. fuck. thank god I have a savings account. Or had, rather.

Todays little horror (or major anxiety attack inducing horror) though is a depressed friend who's removed their fb profile, won't pick up their phone and live in another country. I feel so fucking helpless. I hope she's ok, but that's all I can do. Fuck.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. I just carried a drunk woman for a mile. I have so many mixed emotions about this magical weekend at a ski resort that my base urge is to kill everyone in the room and start over with new ones.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you get compensated if your PIN was used? I thought getting PINs stolen was common in isentity theft and such.

Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the past two weeks i've been essentially housebound with concerning medical symptoms. My muscles have been gradually growing very fatigued and weak, and frequently feel like they're burning like I'm exercising. Even when I'm not exercising at all. Then came difficulty swallowing. Then came complete gastrointestinal distress. Then came nerve tingles on my hands and feet.

Short copy is: i'm a total wreck right now and the whole experience is maddening and anxiety inducing. I've had four doctor visits. I've almost gone to the er twice but held out. I'm subsisting on chicken broth and pedialyte. Work sent me home because I was obviously too sick to keep driving out. I've been mostly mum on it because family told me to not mention it too much. I will try to get well and be back to normal soon. A ton of tests are out on a ton of things.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, Sam. I've seen your occasional post on Facebook and worried about you. I hope they figure out what's going on soon. Have you talked to your doctor about your modified diet? Most oral rehydration solutions aren't really intended for longterm use, and can cause electrolyte imbalances that have symptoms of their own (though easily fixed, if you have them at all). So... good luck, and keep us informed. I'd like to hear as much about it as you feel like telling.
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
For the past two weeks i've been essentially housebound with concerning medical symptoms. My muscles have been gradually growing very fatigued and weak, and frequently feel like they're burning like I'm exercising. Even when I'm not exercising at all. Then came difficulty swallowing. Then came complete gastrointestinal distress. Then came nerve tingles on my hands and feet.

Short copy is: i'm a total wreck right now and the whole experience is maddening and anxiety inducing. I've had four doctor visits. I've almost gone to the er twice but held out. I'm subsisting on chicken broth and pedialyte. Work sent me home because I was obviously too sick to keep driving out. I've been mostly mum on it because family told me to not mention it too much. I will try to get well and be back to normal soon. A ton of tests are out on a ton of things.

Oh wow, I hope things turn out okay for you. That has to be really scary stuff to go through. I'm glad you've been to the doctor. I'm sure those tests will come back with something.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even feel like getting into it right now but shit has hit the fan and I'm not in panic mode yet but that's because I'm incredibly good at blocking my emotions. I'm trying to enjoy the nice things happening right now, so I have to not think about what's going on. That sounds bad but at this point, not thinking about it isn't actually affecting anything. It's sadly one of those wait and see situations and it's not looking good.

And then I read about this shit happening to you guys and ugh, I just want everyone to feel better and not have shitty things happen to them all the time.

Him

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Why can't you get compensated if your PIN was used? I thought getting PINs stolen was common in isentity theft and such.
Because Swedbank are a bunch of cocks. Maybe I should change bank, but that feels more symbolic than practical really.

Sam, I am really sorry to hear that. I hope that it's nothing too bad and that you get well soon.
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
stripeypants wrote:
Because Swedbank are a bunch of cocks. Maybe I should change bank, but that feels more symbolic than practical really.

It's generally the standard for most banks. It's why you gotta keep your PIN real secret and report a stolen card immediately.

Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cats managed to throw over a glass of water that landed on my phone charger. Phone charger is now dead. I'm doing my best not to be really mad at them or myself for having a glass of water near it.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam - hope they figure out what is up with you and fix it like really quick - and please keep us up on things, as much as you feel comfortable doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1228, 1229, 1230 ... 1256, 1257, 1258  Next
Page 1229 of 1258

Jump to: