welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1242, 1243, 1244 ... 1249, 1250, 1251  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother-in-law, for several reasons.

Whatever she does that bothers me goes double for my wife.

It's like having a pet or small child where there's this communication barrier that prevents your will form being clearly communicated no matter how much you try.

And, like a pet or small child, you can't get angry or frustrated because it's not worth it. You just sort of have to deal with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Check with your school finaid department about emergency loans for medical expenses... borrowing more money sucks, but if you need your teeth...

you need your teeth. this is america, after all, where medical bankruptcy best bankruptcy.

teeth are also an outward marker for caste in this country, as was correctly noted. save those mofos!
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to wait and see what the endontist recommends on Monday, the fact that it doesn't hurt makes me think the tooth is likely beyond saving. Luckily, it's a back bicuspid, so it's not very visible regardless of what happens to it.

I doubt OSU would do anything since I don't actually start until September, but it's worth a shot.
OklahomanSun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
Have to wait and see what the endontist recommends on Monday, the fact that it doesn't hurt makes me think the tooth is likely beyond saving. Luckily, it's a back bicuspid, so it's not very visible regardless of what happens to it.

I doubt OSU would do anything since I don't actually start until September, but it's worth a shot.

I realise no one likes me, but the fact that the tooth doesn't hurt is because the nerve isn't exposed, which means the tooth is pretty easily repairable.

That, or the tooth was already completely dead to begin with.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my luck and history, solid money is on the latter.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really, it all depends on the position of the fracture. tooth could be alive and well, but still ultimately fucked because of how the tooth broke

my mom was chomping on popcorn dregs in front of me a few years ago and snapped a moral right in half down to below the gumline. Didn't hurt, just felt weird. Tooth was, unsurprisingly, doomed. our dentist, bless his heart, came back in from a day off in a mountain resort and opened up his clinic solo to do the immediate work that had to be done (which ultimately resulted in tooth replacement)

Friend of mine cracked a tooth about ten years ago and was howling in pain but the tooth was ultimately fine and didn't need anything beyond cosmetic repair.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooth is toast, they could try to save it (with an iffy chance of success) but only for faaaaaaaaaar more money than I can afford. Looks like the only option is to extract and hope I win the lottery before the other teeth can start to shift.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:/

sucks doood
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saddest part was the wave of relief I felt when he said the extraction was only likely to be $100-200 dollars.
absoluthoyt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Arc, I've had 6 molars removed because I could not afford to repair them. I'm a wicked teeth grinder so I destroy those back teeth. Dental care for those of us with naturally bad teeth is a sad joke. I brush twice a day, floss twice a day and do a fluoride rinse every night and I'm still losing teeth, the teeth gods hate me
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sick of being sick.
TIAB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad was diagnosed with skin cancer today. Fortunately it is the highly treatable variety, IE: not melanoma. He's the third person in his family to get some form of cancer.

As soon as I have insurance again I'm getting screened.
TIAB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hits keep coming... a 'friend' just stole my recently announced gig hosting open mic night from me. Given to him by a bartender who consulted no one on his decision, despite sharing the booking responsibility with someone else who confirmed me not two hours earlier.

Which all adds up to 'people I'd rather not do business with anyway'. Ugh...
eureka00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my left foot hurts really bad (mainly the heel). I don't know what I did to it. Last night, I was working on my SUV changing the headlight. I came inside and took off my shoes, took one step and just shooting pain. I suppose it could be plantar fasciitis because I am on my feet a lot, and I've been wearing my sandals almost daily which don't offer as much support. However, yesterday I was wearing my tennis shoes all day so color me confused.
Him

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc: That really sucks. I had a oh-my-god-my-teeth-are-fucked scare a while back but luckily it wasn't even nearly as bad as I thought it was. $200 to get rid of a tooth...I mean you can rack up bills like that over here too, but luckily there's also kind of a ceiling where in which you can get some dental care coverage.

Realizing I filed for my tax return in paper, which means I won't be seeing it until late August, as opposed to seeing it now if I had done what any rational person would have done and filed it online. It's not much money by any means, but I am on kind of a tight budget overall so...fuck. Definately messes with my plan to try and go back to England again next month, I mean I'm sure going in August is fine. Spoke with my...sort-of-long-distance-partner, because I guess that's pretty much what this is, and she's fine with it too.
Living 1000 kilometers of mostly water away from someone you love kind of sucks sometimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1242, 1243, 1244 ... 1249, 1250, 1251  Next
Page 1243 of 1251

Jump to: