welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1245, 1246, 1247 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KillAllMen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real horror out there is falling for a cishet white male oppressor. I pity any woman who isn't lesbian.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillAllMen wrote:
The only real horror out there is falling for a cishet white male oppressor. I pity any woman who isn't lesbian.

mfw when a failtroll joins the forums:

Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillAllMen wrote:

I like the cut of your jib.

What say you and I go off somewhere private and fling a lil poop?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillAllMen wrote:

What's really horrifying is that I'm sure you feel you are being clever and witty.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaw we have one of those pretend feminist trolls. Is this some kind of rite of passage?
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez, not even very good at pretending - heavy-handed much?

ooooo, wait - where is that great picture?

your argument is invalid.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamest troll we've had all year 0/10 go back to troll school.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
geez, not even very good at pretending - heavy-handed much?

ooooo, wait - where is that great picture?

your argument is invalid.

But that picture is STACKED.

Horror: I'm horribly wasted (plus ca change) and just spent 5 minutes looking at pictures of my ex holding her beautiful baby beside her handsome husband. My own fault of course. Those who look for bad news always find it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat update:

The female managed to push her was through a screen and jumped off my balcony (2nd story only onto grass below) the first night I got them. I was stunned. My friend who works at the Fremont animal hospital (where they were raised) couldn't believe that she would leave like that either. We've left some carriers out Saturday and Sunday night with wet food but only one of them had the food eaten and we didn't find her that way. I reported her missing to animal control because she's microchipped but I don't have high hopes there. I used thicker spine to re-screen the screen door and then duct taped the edges to make it harder to push out. Feel like shit over it though, as I should have just closed the glass slider door too. I'm used to keeping it open for air flow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y

The male has been cowering in my bathroom missing his sister and unused to the new place and strange human, but he is starting to get used to me.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, i am really sorry to hear about the female, Mindslicer. unfortunately, cats do come up with the most unexpected things to do. (i myself got a crash course in fixing window screens when my girl ripped holes in every single one of mine, in about a week's time, in mid-summer - including getting through a gap i could have sworn was too small for her. turns out, they make pet-proof screening, which actually seems to work.) i will keep my fingers crossed that someone finds her. have you put up posters or anything?

and in the mean time, i hope you and the male are doing well.
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, mouse. My condo association has five buildings, and I put up a flyer in the lobby of each one. My downstairs neighbor has a couple of indoor/outdoor cats and she said she'll keep an eye out. She's retired and so is home almost all the time. I've also walked around the grounds looking for her. Animal control called and said they hadn't received her, but I can post a lost animal notice on their website. There are other strays in the area, and I'm beginning to think they might have driven her away; cats are territorial, or so I am told.

The male is getting better. He'll let me pet him and he's a nuzzler, but he gets nervous if I pick him up and hold him. He claimed a shelf in a closet that I cleared off for him and made a bed in and he'll stretch out there now instead of crouching into as small a space as possible. He's never clawed me or bitten or hissed though, which is good. He has access to food and water and a litter box but I haven't yet seen evidence of him eating or eliminating.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you find the cat! I know of one person who had luck coordinating an epic search effort via Reddit and Craigslist. The cat was being sent via airline through my town, escaped out of the airport, and proceeded to be lost for a few weeks. Thankfully everyone had an eye out, and the cat had found a residential area.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad the male is setting in with you well. it occurred to me last night - the only thing she knows around there is her brother (and she must miss him too). i wonder if you walked around with him (on a harness and leash, of course) - if she might come to him. but of course, he has to be comfortable enough with you for you to get a harness on him. as a black cat owner, i know very well how hard one can be to spot in the inky shadows of the undergrowth, much easier if you can lure them out.

cats are territorial, but how obsessive they are about it seems to depend on how much food is available (and whether they are intact males with females in heat around). if no one has heard any fighting, she probably hasn't been driven off. she would have looked for someplace she can hide and feel safe; if she found one nearby (and if there is food around) she may not have gone far. i'll hope so, anyway.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends had a stroke.

Doctors fucked up the surgery to remove the clot in his brain and he received critical brain damage instead which basically implied brain death.

Then his family pulled the plug on him.

Fuck Doctors who are terrible at their jobs.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, Thy. It's hard enough to lose someone, but to have it feel like it could have been prevented must be awful. I hope you and his family take care of yourselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1245, 1246, 1247 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1246 of 1254

Jump to: