welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1249, 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
absoluthoyt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stubbed my toe...that is all
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eureka00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 25 mosquito bites per foot/leg after sitting outside at a cookout this weekend. They itch really *really* bad. I've had to wear socks and tennis shoes the past few days to try and keep myself from touching them. I am the Sookie Stackhouse of the mosquito world.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
I'm going to whine about this for a bit more because IRL i'm having to keep it together.

There are 12 staff where i work, 5 of them are on vacation out of state right now. One staff was close as family to her, he's taking it "catholic funeral" well. Another staff is literally the only person in the world who would eat that news 45 minutes before his shift started and go "oh yeah i was going to call in sick, you're going to need to find someone to cover." while barely knowing the lady.
Mean while, as a temporary AM, i'm in the middle of a 10 day stretch, getting a phone call from some transient who found clean clothes in the white bird donation box, held it together JUST long enough to get served by our newest employee and get half a beer in him before getting up to smoke and passing out, spliting his chin open on our floor (i got to clean the blood up too, bonus) asking about our insurance information (i'm so looking forward to the impending lawsuit). Half the staff I do have is stumbling about in grief stricken shock, the other half have other jobs so they have no days off and are increasingly worn down and i'm basically having to juggle all this AND play server rather than cooking like I usually do. And I'm having to keep it together through the passing of a woman i've known for 1/3 of my life who helped me through my dad having a heart attack and basically everything shitty from the past 10 years.

I daydream about just yanking the gas line out of the grill one morning and walking the fuck away.

Fuck man. I know for a fact that your job is one of the worst for stress there is. All I can recommend is booking vacation argh fuck I can't even think of anything. I'll PM you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
My life is like a parody of itself. My love life at least. So a certain someone I went to see in London...well, I realize falling in love with someone 1000 km away, who has a kid and a partner, was never really going to work out. Of course now she's dumped her boyfriend because she's not sure she's bisexual anymore...which kind of leaves me...well, you know. She still has feelings for me but she's not sure.

So maybe we fell in love and met in the small, small window where impossible things happen and I should just be happy. Or maybe we'll still meet 5 months down the line and things will be different but truthfully I'm not sure what's worse hoping for something damn near impossible...or just embracing hopelessnes. I mean of course we could still be some kind of friends I guess. Maybe that would even be for the best, but I was stupid enough to call it love because I never learn.

So she has a girlfriend now, and I mostly feel terrible for wishing things were any different. I mean I'm glad that she's found someone who makes her happy, although I keep worrying that I sound bitter when I write things like that. Maybe I've been listening too much to the Magnetic Fields. By some absurd twist of fate we're not "over" though. We're still "something", although these days naturally I'm less sure what that somehing is. I mean I should be happy that she's happy, because that means less late night chats of me trying to make her feel better and just enjoying an impossible escape. And of course on the minus side, it means less late nights staying up etc etc..So yeah. If nothing else this present impasse has reminded me how far away I am from most people. I can't...
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a similar vein, dreaming of someone I've been trying to not think about.

Fuck you brain.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard to take people seriously when they get petulant over the fact that I can't actually affect jack shit if you didn't buy something through my company when my mom is on fucking cancer watch as my uncle just gets worse and worse and now my dad is off making sure my grandma doesn't commit suicide because her meds are not playing nice together and just...

god.

people are the fucking worst.

but it's totally okay if they treat -me- like shit because i'm just -the company- and any help i'm not providing is because i -just don't want to- not because i -physically fucking can't-.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apartment hunting is driving me goddamn insane.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh jeez, samsally - i'm so sorry about your uncle and grandmother. and of course the fact that you have to deal with idiot customers while all this other stuff is going on.
Desire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Samsally. Even when things are going well, customers can be so thoughtless and rude. I hope your loved ones will all be well soon.

My little horror is that two months ago, it was not getting dark until midnight. Now it is dark at 9pm. By January, we'll be down to about 4 hours of sunlight. It has begun.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He passed away last night. It was stage 4 cancer so it's not a surprise, just really really shitty.

Depending on when they schedule the funeral, I may be going to both a funeral and a wedding this week.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, Sammy. Sad
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I might actually end up missing the funeral completely, since mom won't know more about when it is until Tuesday and I have to be in the town of the wedding on Thursday.

on one hand, i despise funerals and don't want to go... but i do really want to be there to support my family and i feel like an ass for both not wanting to go, and probably not actually going.

also i'm sick, but at this point that's pretty much expected because my body deals with this amount of stress like an overtaxed child and will now throw tantrums until everything just calms the fuck down.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have good memories of him, then those memories will help you ease your pain and feel less stressed out about not going.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear it Samsally
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1249, 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1250 of 1254

Jump to: