Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1294, 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Athena the cat passed away last month. As far as we can tell, her ever-present digestive issues were responsible. I'm actually doing okay, since we've been expecting her decline for awhile, so I had time to process beforehand.

I miss her, but she did have a good death. She still had a hearty appetite, so she had plenty to eat. She died on one of her favorite blankets, with her head propped up on a pillow so she could see everyone. She got to have her last moments at home in a warm, cozy bed.

As with our other cat who died a few years ago, I find myself missing the unpleasant things - like when she would vomit in unexpected places around the house.

Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw stripey, I'm sorry, that really stinks.

my horror is mostly just... mom's having a really tough time recovering from her surgery. there's too much other stuff happening and we're super short staffed at work, so i keep stress buying things which is killing my finances.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm so sorry about your mom, Samsally - just worrying about that is stress enough, so also sorry about the other stressors. and sorry to hear about Athena, stripey...this year, especially, we need all the warm furry things to snuggle with we can get. hugs to you both.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you mouse. I'm sorry I didn't thank you sooner.

i've just found out my aunt, the one who has been amazing and supportive and helped my parents through momís ordeal has been diagnosed with cancer. there arenít many details yet, but itís apparently a more aggressive cancer than moms.

i just want my family to be happy and healthy why does this bullshit keep happening
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, if i knew that i'd be a shoo-in for a nobel and a mcarthur genius grant in one go.

all i know at this point is, cancer is a really sucky disease. i'll hold positive thoughts for your aunt and mom both.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you. i appreciate it.
Him

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've genuinely lost my glasses. I mean I was meaning to get new ones soon anyway. But for the past couple of days all I have been able to thimk abput is killing myself. Such fucking nonsense. I'm broke too. Small things or big things, I don't know. Seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow. That's good. I', not even depressed for real I'm just suicidal. How does that even work?
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw Him, I'm glad you're gunna see someone to talk with soon, that's really good. They'll be a helluva lot better at sorting through what you're feeling, but there's nothing all that strange about feeling suicidal without other traditional depression symptoms. It's still depression, all the same.

I care about you, so take care of yourself, okay?
Him

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Aw Him, I'm glad you're gunna see someone to talk with soon, that's really good. They'll be a helluva lot better at sorting through what you're feeling, but there's nothing all that strange about feeling suicidal without other traditional depression symptoms. It's still depression, all the same.

I care about you, so take care of yourself, okay?

Thank you. I'm really sorry to hear about your mom and aunt by the way.

I had no appointment today when I tried to check in at the reception and my psychiatrist was unaavailable when I tried to call. I had hoped I would have gotten my new meds, because I'm pretty sure I'm out, by now at least but nope, so I thought well at least I can book some laundry time when I get home but fucking nope. My electronic laundry key is missing from my wallet.

The key has been found. Along with tales of saturday. I have a several hour long black out. Apparently I got thrown out by the bouncers. Probably because I was in a drunken black out. My friend is a very good friend, and was also very drunk. Apparently I puked in her bathroom and tried to shower with my clothes on. I have no recollection of any of this and it is kind of terrifying to be honest.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds terrifying - one would think that sort of thing would leave an impression; the fact that it didn't is more than a little disturbing.

i'm with samsally - take care of yourself, and i hope you can get to see your psychiatrist soon.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our cat tiny one died just a few hours ago, not even a year after another one of our cats died. Her health had been deteriorating for the past few months mostly due to old age (at least I hope it was old age). We first noticed something was wrong when she started eating less and getting confused. Then she started having trouble cleaning herself and had started to stink (which got worse over time). She also had trouble with pooping and peeing in the house having to resort to doing it on towels that were on the floor (and she was very good about not doing that before). A couple days ago she could barely move at all and just plain stopped eating. Yesterday my mom and older brother put her on my moms big ol' bed and sat next to her all day (while giving her lots of pets) barely leaving the room until she passed. At least she's no longer in pain.

She had been with us for as long as I could remember. She was nearly 20 years old. My older brother was the one who named her. She was truly his and my moms cat. She would always sleep on their beds or their laps whenever she could. He and my mom plan to bury her at my grandpas house since much of my family has lived up there for many years which makes it the closest to a true home for her since we've moved so much (also because our backyard is enough of a cat graveyard as it is). If they can't for whatever reason my dad offered a place to do it. She was so sweet and loyal even to the end. This is one of the best pictures that I have of her. This was taken almost a year ago.

Good god I've edited this so many times.

Last edited by Nobody Important on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:39 am; edited 6 times in total
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sorry for your loss. Sad
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindslicer wrote:
Very sorry for your loss. Sad

It's okay, we've been expecting it for a while now and tried (and failed) to mentally prepare ourselves for when it was gonna happen. At least she got to live for so long unlike many of our other cats that died (including the last one). Which made this harder for us in some ways because she had been with us for so long. Though we're still relieved that her suffering is now over. I regret not petting her more while she was still here.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my mom and older brother just came back from my grandpas house. It's really beautiful up there (they live about 10 minutes away from me up in the moutains). Now she lays near my grandpas old dog who died many years before. May she rest in peace.

Last edited by Nobody Important on Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, RIP, tiny one. she sounds like she was a great cat, and at nearly 20 it probably was just old age (that's really old for a cat). it's good she was able to have that last day with "her" people.

i wish i knew something to say that would help, but there really isn't. she was family, and losing family always leaves a hole. hugs to all of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1294, 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298  Next
Page 1295 of 1298

Jump to: