Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
yes, RIP, tiny one. she sounds like she was a great cat, and at nearly 20 it probably was just old age (that's really old for a cat). it's good she was able to have that last day with "her" people.

i wish i knew something to say that would help, but there really isn't. she was family, and losing family always leaves a hole. hugs to all of you.

Thanks mouse (and you too Mindslicer), she really was part of our family and we were lucky to have had her. It's gonna take a long time to get used to not having her around.
Vixine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone noticed I vanished for a while there. Probably not.

Lodged a gallstone. Got it and my gallbladder removed. Finally home. Dreading further complications, even if I did eventually hit a zen of being fine with laying in a hospital bed for days on end despite it initially driving me nuts that I had little to nothing to do but stare at the ceiling with an IV in my elbow and needing to pee into a measuring cup every 3-4 hours and repeatedly finding out that each next step was going to have to wait until the next day over and over again. Especially after the latter surgery, the first one was cake. I am terrified of my own incisions.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gallbladder is a shit organ anyhow, mine tried to kill me 13 years ago AND PAID FOR ITS INSOLENCE.

(Also: am I reading you correctly that it took multiple surgeries to get it out? 'Cause that is weird and sucks...

/symathetic brofist)
Vixine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, laproscopic removal. Multiple small incisions. I was diagnosed one night, hoping to get the lodged stone out the next day. The next day was nothing but diagnostics. I was hoping I could get the gallbladder out after the stone since it was early in the morning and woke up feeling like I hadn't even done anything besides briefly sleep. (Endoscopic procedures are awesome.) Nope, wait another 30 hours. Hoping that it would go smoothly enough that I wouldn't continue to be stuck there since laproscopic cholecystectomy is potentially an outpatient procedure. Nope, gallbladder was in really rough condition. Hopefully just one day of recovery, then? At least I can have solid foods for- oh, nope, liver numbers went back up, one or more stones got jostled out into the ducts when they were removing it and need to pass first. At that point I hit boredom zen. Oh good my numbers are looking better? Yeah, of course I can't go yet, at this point I wasn't even expecting to. Oh hey at least I get actual food again, maybe at some point I will actually be allowed to eat enough to have a bowel movement again.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ick - that sounds like definitely not fun.

yeah, i don't know about these in-and-out laproscopics. one of my coworkers went in to have her gallbladder removed, with the promised one-day thing...turned out her gallbladder was too big to get out that way, so she had to have the whole old-fashioned versions, complete with the added recovery time for a major incision.

hope yours is now healing nicely.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yar, back in the day they took mine with laproscopic, but screwed up the stitches so I had to go back in and get it cauterized with silver nitrate a couple days later.

Was not fun.
Vixine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have internal stitches, I don't know. My external ones were medical superglued, except for the JP drain of course (oh god was that fucking weird, gross and freaky having a tube pulled out of my stomach, fully conscious and without painkillers) which they just put a gauze pad over with medical tape to heal afterwards. Everything's healed over and the glue's come off, so now I have a ridge right on the top fold of my stomach under the ribcage. The other two healed mostly smooth, and the JP drain is just a thin straight line scab at the moment that I am trying not to touch.

Positive: I'm down a full 60 pounds from where I started and things have mostly stopped hurting; I can finally take a full breath with mild enough discomfort in my side that I can actually yawn. Now if it would just stay a little bit warmer so I can start using the Wii Fit on a regular basis.
Him

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't left the apartment in...I think it's five days now. Fuck. It goes by so quick and so slow at the same time.
Him

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealing with the frustration of a phone company that doesn't have a support line...well, I've been meaning to get my old number to my new phone although I guess I kind like my new number but keeping the old number probably is the smarter move. I still have my old phone laying around in the apartment. I haven't really given out my new phone number because I have been meaning to switch it, but decided to post it on facebook anyway. It's been up for an hour now. No comments. And I realize I barely have any missed calls on my old phone. The fact that I have a new number barely made much difference. I mean sure, I am on facebook a lot. I talk to people...but I suddenly feel very lonely.
Ookamo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get out. Volunteer. Set up call forwarding from old # to new.

The first two might solve the need for the third, though. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave money to some ol' lady beggar who instantly tried to rob me.

Can't even trust old ladies these days.
Taemon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have hurricanes where I am. I am profoundly grateful. Gods above, those things are scary.
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wic wrote:
Gave money to some ol' lady beggar who instantly tried to rob me.

Can't even trust old ladies these days.

"Give me all your money!"
"I just did!"
"Oh. Thank you dearie, your so sweet."

But no, actually, that sounds like a horrible situation all round. Sorry it happened Wic.
Ookamo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was horrified.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ookamo wrote:

Yes, I was horrified.

...I don't get it. If it's taking recognisable photos after more than twice it's expected lifespan, isn't that a good thing?

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1295, 1296, 1297, 1298  Next
Page 1296 of 1298

Jump to: