welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1165, 1166, 1167 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it this way, eureka: would you really want to socialize with people who can have a decorating emergency?
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you deserve better friends than those assholes, seriously. Doesn't make that shit more pleasant to live through, but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, at least.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
decorating emergency?

Is it a fabulous emergency?
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Samsally and Bitflipper said. These people sound like shitheads.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who has a bridal shower at work, then pulls people who are working away from their jobs to decorate? You know what that would get you anywhere else? Fired.

"Sorry, I should be watching that guy having a heart attack, but there's a decorating emergency downstairs!"

Self-centered people. UGH.

HEY EURE I'M GOING TO SEE YOU SOON. My car is a decorating emergency right now, though, so I'm gonna take the day off to spruce it up first.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i cite a decorating emergency to get out of this final i have to take? i really don't want to do it and there are drapes downstairs that are totally clashing with the upholstery on the ottoman
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Who has a bridal shower at work, then pulls people who are working away from their jobs to decorate? You know what that would get you anywhere else? Fired.

"Sorry, I should be watching that guy having a heart attack, but there's a decorating emergency downstairs!"

HEY EURE I'M GOING TO SEE YOU SOON. My car is a decorating emergency right now, though, so I'm gonna take the day off to spruce it up first.

My co-teacher got permission from the program director as long as I was okay with it. She wasn't paid to do it, but still who wouldn't want to get off work an hour early for a decorating emergency. That's okay, the next time I think of some crazy reason to leave work early I will.

Can't wait to see ya, Dogen! I fully expect there to be a new pine tree air freshener hanging from the mirror.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez, i thought 'bridzilla' was just a silly reality show concept. apparently it is not only real, but catching.

be glad you didn't go, eure, you might have gotten infected! now you can stick with doing actual interesting stuff, like teaching kids. (although now i am curious about what would have happened if someone did something _really_ serious, like suggest a change in one of the games.)
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do people just sort of assume that no sound escapes their office, even when they leave the door open?

it's the only reason i can think for the fact that my neighbor has been listening to some sort of instructional thing all freaking day without using anything like headphones. or even closing her door. (closing mine doesn't actually help).
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
jeez, i thought 'bridzilla' was just a silly reality show concept. apparently it is not only real, but catching.

be glad you didn't go, eure, you might have gotten infected! now you can stick with doing actual interesting stuff, like teaching kids. (although now i am curious about what would have happened if someone did something _really_ serious, like suggest a change in one of the games.)

I've already been a bride, so I know it can be stressful and invitation stuff can be hard. However, when I had my bridal shower at work ummm everyone who worked there was invited. I'm still going to her wedding, though, because my first cousin has been her Mom's live in boyfriend for years and I'm taking my Aunt to the wedding.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that Dogen's job is too "watch people have heart attacks".

You're not meant to do that Dogen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

We are quite fond of parties here at the hospital. We have one about every two weeks for different reasons. Bridal shower, baby shower, birthdays, etc. Comes with cake and decorations.
sporko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eure: your coworker(s) fucking blow. what dickbags. Sad

<3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:

Fast Forward to after my lunch break and my afternoon class is just getting ready to start class. The matron of honor opens the door and yells in, "Is she done yet?"

ahaha uhh this person sounds like a real winner
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

My co-teacher got permission from the program director as long as I was okay with it. She wasn't paid to do it, but still who wouldn't want to get off work an hour early for a decorating emergency. That's okay, the next time I think of some crazy reason to leave work early I will.

Just tell them there's been a decorating emergency at home and it is preventing your house from looking fabulous.

As far as I know a lack of fabulous is a medical emergency somewhere along the lines of a burst appendix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1165, 1166, 1167 ... 1252, 1253, 1254  Next
Page 1166 of 1254

Jump to: