welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinfest's GAME OF THE YEAR 2014 NOMINATIONS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Sinfest's GAME OF THE YEAR 2014 NOMINATIONS Reply with quote

STEP ONE: NOMINATE

q. how do i nominate?????
a. nominate a game or multiple games released in the year 2014 (ideally which you have played) that you believe was a really awesome offering. for games. in the year 2014. take the name of that game(s) and post it here, hopefully with some commentary on why you thought the game was really good.

q. what then??????????
a. the games with nominations will go into ELIMINATION ROUNDS where we will eliminate them until just one remains. this will be sinfest's GAME OF THE YEAR 2014 which is a contractually binding awarded position which must be recognized by every single entertainment review or ranking association or organization in the world. In the event that any rogue ranking association or awards ceremony does not abide by sinfest's findings, their ruling is to be considered null and void and a letter will be sent to them demanding their immediate voluntary liquidation of all assets and forfeiture of all rights to future games review.

q. how do i not be eaten by a grue
a. xyzzy
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to give it to Transistor.

It suffers a bit from being tough to get into (and from inevitable comparisons to Supergiant's first game, Bastion). But the mix of real time and turn based combat, absurd loadout customization, a goddamn amazing soundtrack, and one of the best narratives in gaming win it for me.
Eiden

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragon age inquisition.

Nidhogg.

Goat simulator.

Five nights at Freddy's.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Sinfest's GAME OF THE YEAR 2014 NOMINATIONS Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
a. the games with nominations will go into ELIMINATION ROUNDS where we will eliminate them until just one remains. this will be sinfest's GAME OF THE YEAR 2014 which is a contractually binding awarded position which must be recognized by every single entertainment review or ranking association or organization in the world. In the event that any rogue ranking association or awards ceremony does not abide by sinfest's findings, their ruling is to be considered null and void and a letter will be sent to them demanding their immediate voluntary liquidation of all assets and forfeiture of all rights to future games review.

b-b-b-b-but ethics in gaming journalism?????>???/32??????bbq?
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dark secret is that gaming journalism was unethical the whole time
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
The dark secret is that gaming journalism was unethical the whole time

Just not for any of the reasons harped on by Gamergate.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting in my vote for Dragon Age Inquisition. My reasoning is basically just a list of all the characters I've fallen in love with. Plus the gameplay. And the visuals.... also the music.

... heh.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARD WARS! You can floop the pig, nuff' said. Seriously though, it's a good thing the game limits you, there would be less free time.

Also, uh yeah, one more for Five Nights at Freddy's (yay for being a serial killer)

And Mario Kart 8. It's probably the best of the series in a lot of ways. The new tracks are great, the new karts are AWESOME, the mechanics have been tweaked and refined, and the DLC exceeded my expectations. Did I mention there's now an anti-blue shell item? It really, really should've been a launch title.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torchlight!

... I may be a little behind the times.
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW? I dunno, I don't play other games.
KillAllMen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:

Seconded. Embarassed
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:

The latest WoW expansion, Alternate Timelines of Marysueistan, does count as a 2014 release. And I hear the response to it has mostly been positive.
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
eureka00 wrote:

The latest WoW expansion, Alternate Timelines of Marysueistan, does count as a 2014 release. And I hear the response to it has mostly been positive.

Warlords of Draenor is good, yes.
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After pre-ordering the anniversary edition including the orchestral theme music cd and golden nunchuck, I might finally get around to playing Skyward Sword tonight.
I'll let you know if it was any good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: