welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11.08.07 - I Can't Change 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DeD CHiKn



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 10227
Location: Baltimore, Maryla*gunshot*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The apocrypha being seperated from the bible somehow means they werent removed? As it is my understanding the Bible was one time including the bible we know today (sort of) + The apocrypha filtered in between the books of the bible were they were appropriate.

When the Bible and the Apocrypha were sperated they had to edit several other books that alluded to the removed books. You can see now some loose references to the Watchers and the Nephilim in some books, I believe the story of Noah makes mention of them, for example.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sojobo



Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 2443

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
The apocrypha being seperated from the bible somehow means they werent removed? As it is my understanding the Bible was one time including the bible we know today (sort of) + The apocrypha filtered in between the books of the bible were they were appropriate.

I don't know how you managed to misunderstand me. The Protestants removed the Apocrypha, which are now in Catholic Bibles, and not in Protestant Bibles. The books you were talking about, the book of Enoch and whatever the hell the book of Adam and Eve is, are not part of the Apocrypha, and were never in the Bible.

DeD CHiKn wrote:
When the Bible and the Apocrypha were sperated they had to edit several other books that alluded to the removed books.

Wrong.
_________________
"To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."
- Anne-Sophie Swetchine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yorick



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 12101
Location: In the undersnow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing sound apocryphal.
_________________
Currently experiencing: not summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DeD CHiKn



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 10227
Location: Baltimore, Maryla*gunshot*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I admit I was wrong in the inclusion of the Book of Enoch in the apocrypha. I was mistaken.

The Book of Enoch is any of several works that attribute themselves to Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah. It was apparently a seperate work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DeD CHiKn



Joined: 04 Aug 2006
Posts: 10227
Location: Baltimore, Maryla*gunshot*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fondle me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pytheus
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well believe what you will. I personally don't believe in the bible. I believe it was made by man. Some choose to believe it was divinely inspired and is infallible despite the growing list of mistranslations and the history behind its creation. I think if you want to have any accuracy to the religion you have to look at the Jewish faith since it is the origin of all biblical religions.

Basically any mention of interaction with god is with an angel, does not matter if its implied or not. Angels are no different then the puppets in Sinfest. They are his tools in which to speak to us. I don't believe our minds could handle a direct interaction with such a powerful being so he speaks through a lesser form of himself.

This is what I believe, and things I've read and studied has convinced me of this. Its been years since I played around with this stuff so actually gathering the evidence and trying to convince you what you've been taught is false would be a wasted effort on my part. I've argued on chat boards and no matter the evidence, people don't have an open enough mind to accept new ideas. Especially when they must accept the bible is wrong on many accounts.
Back to top
Sojobo



Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 2443

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:
Well believe what you will.

Who the hell are you talking to?

Pytheus wrote:
Some choose to believe it was divinely inspired and is infallible despite the growing list of mistranslations and the history behind its creation.

Oh, really? The mistranslations behind its creation? So you're saying it was mistranslated when it was first written?

Pytheus wrote:
I think if you want to have any accuracy to the religion you have to look at the Jewish faith since it is the origin of all biblical religions.

1) You just denounced Bibles. Do you somehow think that the Tanach is immune to mistranslation? Do you think that being older, and transcribed from oral tradition makes your current translation more true to the original?

2) The people who responded to you mentioned Adam and Eve, Moses, and Job, y'know, characters and stories from, that's right! Jewish tradition.

Did you actually read anything anyone had to say to you? Did you actually think before making your post?

Pytheus wrote:
I've argued on chat boards and no matter the evidence, people don't have an open enough mind to accept new ideas.

Ah, yes. No matter how brilliant and perfect your arguments are, no matter the wealth of undeniable evidence you present, no one is ever convinced. ... Did you ever pause to think that maybe, just maybe, it is your arguing that is at fault?

I know that if you argue as utterly incoherently and condescendingly as you're posting here, I applaud everyone who dismisses you out of hand. Because you present yourself as a fucking moron.
_________________
"To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."
- Anne-Sophie Swetchine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pytheus
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Sojobo. The reason for my post was just to explain I didn't think it was worth me arguing my points cause it usually falls on def ears.

I said "Well Believe what you will". Meaning we all have our personal beliefs and I'm not going to belittle people or try to change their minds. A perfectly harmless statement that somehow made you angry. Pluse "Believe what you will" Isn't a statement directed toward any one person, I'm just quoting a common phrase used by people who are of simular faith to me.

You misread the second quote. The current bibles, ex King James has a large number of translation problems when compared to the greek and Hebrew texts. Its a known fact. Calling me a moron and not able to read yet you do the same. And about its creation, well I'm not going to give history lessons cause your obviously hostile and wouldn't listen anyways. Why waste my time. Razz

You seem upset that I would denounce the bible. Its my choice, my beliefs. I respect yours and don't belitte you for them. Can the jewish texts be mistranslated over time? Sure it could, but they are very very anal about such traditions and I would think that most of it (not all) is pretty much intact.

But I refer the Jewish faith not on its translations but the differences in beliefs. Like for example, there is no Devil. They believe in reincarnation. Which I believe makes more sense and Christianity started out with these beliefs but was changed later.

As for chat boards. I put up actual texts, nothing more, to prove my points and often I was censored. Cause anything other then the bible offended people. Plus I think my religion, not my words, caused them to ignore me.

I don't believe I said anything inflammatory. Overall the purpose of my post was to explain myself and my position. It was not to belittle or offend and if I did I apologize. Just in my experience, people of the biblical faith don't often listen to what I have to say and I was getting that vibe here thus my post.
Back to top
bun bun
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucking hate stupid atheists.

You're not smart enough to know all of the arguments that could make your case more convincing, which means the rest of us want to eviscerate you with corkscrews.

You post as if nobody in the entire world has ever thought that the Bible doesn't make sense, as if you're spreading a new idea around. Want to invent electricity next?

Shit, I have class. I am so not done with you.
Back to top
bun bun
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually not sure you are an atheist. What are your positive beliefs, so that I may insult you accordingly?
Back to top
Sojobo



Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 2443

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:
I said "Well Believe what you will". Meaning we all have our personal beliefs and I'm not going to belittle people or try to change their minds.

Bullshit. That's what the phrase could have meant coming from an honest debater. That's not what it means when some pompous jackass follows it up with belittling people and trying to change their minds. You didn't agree to disagree, you pretended to, and continued to argue, then bitched that people wouldn't listen to you.

Pytheus wrote:
A perfectly harmless statement that somehow made you angry.

Disappointment at a pathetic little man who's trying to condescend toward his betters <> anger.

Pytheus wrote:
You misread the second quote.

I'm sorry, what? I quoted it precisely. Perhaps you intended to mention the King James... but you didn't. Which means I read it correctly, and you wrote it incorrectly.

Pytheus wrote:
King James has a large number of translation problems when compared to the greek and Hebrew texts.

No shit. You mean a translation has translation problems? Whoever would have thought that?

Do you understand that you have completely 180'd from your last post? You were championing the Jewish faith over the Christian faith for lack of translation errors. Right now, and pay attention to this, you are saying there are GREEK and Hebrew texts with fewer problems. You do understand that the GREEK texts you're talking about are the NEW TESTAMENT, which are CHRISTIAN writings, right?

Pytheus wrote:
Calling me a moron and not able to read yet you do the same.

I called you a moron who didn't read other peoples' posts because you said moronic things that completely ignored what other people said in response to you. I, in contrast, understood precisely what your words meant, and responded. Perhaps you didn't realize that the posters here at Sinfest are for the most part actually intelligent? And they won't buy your declaration that I misunderstood you until you actually point out a case of me misunderstanding you?

Pytheus wrote:
And about its creation, well I'm not going to give history lessons cause your obviously hostile and wouldn't listen anyways. Why waste my time.

Nice try! Somehow, though, I suspect you're not going to give me a history lesson because you don't know shit about the topic! I think it was because you demonstrated you don't know shit about the topic!

Pytheus wrote:
You seem upset that I would denounce the bible.

Wrong. I am upset that you are a condescending retard.

Pytheus wrote:
I respect yours and don't belitte you for them.

Wrong. What do you think you're doing when you say that trying to teach people truth is a wasted effort? What do you think you're doing when you say people don't have open minds? You're belittling them. God, you are such a douche. How could you possibly have your head so far up your ass you didn't realize this?

Pytheus wrote:
Can the jewish texts be mistranslated over time? Sure it could, but they are very very anal about such traditions and I would think that most of it (not all) is pretty much intact.

Christians are likewise anal.

Pytheus wrote:
As for chat boards. I put up actual texts, nothing more, to prove my points and often I was censored. Cause anything other then the bible offended people. Plus I think my religion, not my words, caused them to ignore me.

Why would I care what happened to you at other boards? I care that you're being such an asshat here at this bulletin board.

Pytheus wrote:
Overall the purpose of my post was to explain myself and my position.

Bullshit. Your purpose was to make yourself feel smarter and openminded by prejudging everyone as closeminded idiots. You didn't even explain yourself and your position. You explained that you had the Truth, but wouldn't discuss it, because we were unwilling to hear it.

Pytheus wrote:
Just in my experience, people of the biblical faith don't often listen to what I have to say and I was getting that vibe here thus my post.

How could you be getting that vibe? What makes you think the people who responded to you were "of the biblical faith?"
_________________
"To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."
- Anne-Sophie Swetchine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pytheus
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My words are obviously not being taken in the context in wich I intended. I appolgize. Your right and I am wrong. I can see how what I have written could be taken in a negative way and promise to better phrase my words in the future. I didn't mean to offend. I think maybe the fustrations I've had in the past maybe wrongly directed here. I'm use, from past chat board experiences, to getting attacked when ever I try to bring up things that are usually outside the norm and I wrongly looked for that here and became defensive. Again I appologize.
Back to top
ZigZag



Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 399

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:
Well believe what you will. I personally don't believe in the bible. I believe it was made by man.


And I believe that...


Dude, you shouldn't argue with somebody who can walk on water and play the guitar!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sojobo



Joined: 12 Jul 2006
Posts: 2443

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:
Your right and I am wrong.

Purely as a device to protect myself from ridicule, I note that this might be pushing it. It reads like sarcasm. I choose, however, to take your post as genuine.

And... Wow. Awesome. Apology accepted and then some, and I offer my own half apology, half hope you understand that my overreactive tone is aimed to drive off those who are relentlessly condescending without being able to back it up.

(You see, I have the honour of being a Protector Of Sinfest's Elitist Utopian Revolution. The title is as yet self-appointed, because the official commission appears to be bogged down in red tape.)

Welcome to the Sinfest Forums!
_________________
"To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others."
- Anne-Sophie Swetchine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bun bun
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
I have the honour of being a Protector Of Sinfest's Elitist Utopian Revolution.

Damn straight you're not the Protector Of &ct. Mention my name to the committee.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group