welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11.08.07 - I Can't Change 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we can blame you guys when the forum dies a slow death?
bun bun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:
Well if you want to talk Real Life mythology on god's involvement in humanities problems, well he has never took direct interest in the subject. All reported human interaction with god as always in every case been "a messenger of god" AKA an angel. No human to my knowledge of the monotheistic religion has ever talked directly to god. Everything has been second hand.

I just read back to this. Let me relieve you from the eternal Purgatory of ignorance:

1. If x is a mythology, then x does not exist. "Real Life mythologies" is an empty set. In stupid terms, if something is made up, it is not real.
2. Unless you wish to bring back Arianism, God talks directly to humans in the New Testament all the time. I'll let you figure this one out by yourself. (You can use wikipeida to help you.)
3. There is no one monotheistic religion, unless you're ignorant enough to assume that the Judeo-Christian-Muslim God is the only God that has inspired monotheism.
4. I hate you.
reasonablymad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL HAIL ATON!
Dro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People bring up mistranslations of the Bible as some sort of evidence it cannot be true. I think this is all part of the plan. I think God made sure the bible was mistranslated because the true word of God should be understandable by modern people, and all the truths become more and more revealed over time. God recently told me that the true true Bible was this version.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretic!
bun bun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually go by this one.

Teh Holiez Bibul an Stuf wrote:
An Ceiling Cat sed them O hai maek bebehs kthx, An p0wn teh waterz, no waterz An teh firmmint, An evry stufs.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ceiling Cat iz powrfl. He duz not get pisst ovr nothing.
But when he duz all teh bad d00dz wil be sorri.

I dont want to, but I have to thank you for showing me the true bible Bun.
Pytheus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Well I ment Real Life Mythology in that Mythology thats not made up in a comic strip. Err let me see if I can phrase this better. The mythology we know from old texts that people once actually believed and not based simply on entertainment.

2. I don't like the new testament. But thats to argue against the bible and I'm not going to go as far as that. But I do believe, my persoanl belief, that any implied interaction with god is always an angel, or rather god in angel form. Its just what I believe, I've read things that "for me" back its up. YOu have to understnad that I view everything in the universe as just a small part of god and his angels are just him in lesser forms.

3. When I say "the Monotheistic religion" I'm only refering to the one everyone is most formiliar. I know there is more. But I'm keeping with the topic.

4. Its ok. I love you. Group HUGS!!! XXXXX
bun bun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:
I don't like the new testament. But thats to argue against the bible and I'm not going to go as far as that. But I do believe, my persoanl belief, that any implied interaction with god is always an angel, or rather god in angel form. Its just what I believe, I've read things that "for me" back its up. YOu have to understnad that I view everything in the universe as just a small part of god and his angels are just him in lesser forms.

You can't argue that becase you don't follow the dicta in the New Testament, there are no instances of God speaking directly to people, and then expect it to be relevant in this discussion. Sinfest is based on the New Testament, therefore it is reasonable to say that for the purposes of the comic, God does speak directly to people.

You are confusing what you believe to be true with what the comic's pretend universe assumes. The comic is satire of the real world, yes, but the postulations that the comic makes trump the facts of the world when discussing the comic.

Cliff's Notes for Stupid People: Fiction is not real.

Don't worry, it'll sink in eventually.
Pytheus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
You can't argue that becase you don't follow the dicta in the New Testament, there are no instances of God speaking directly to people, and then expect it to be relevant in this discussion. Sinfest is based on the New Testament, therefore it is reasonable to say that for the purposes of the comic, God does speak directly to people.

You are confusing what you believe to be true with what the comic's pretend universe assumes. The comic is satire of the real world, yes, but the postulations that the comic makes trump the facts of the world when discussing the comic.

Cliff's Notes for Stupid People: Fiction is not real.

Don't worry, it'll sink in eventually.

I'm not excluding the new testament, just have issues with it. But maybe I'm not being clear enough. Even if something says And God Spoke, doesn't mean he actually literally did so himself. Saying "And God spoke thru an unnamed angelic being" isn't really subniffiant a detail, its still god speaking so such things are left out. I'm not saying god didn't speak, just questioning the method in which he did. But again this is what I believe, not forcing anyone to believe so themselves. Its all subject to interpetation really.

As far as the comic, its just following the common assumption of past interactions with god. Don't have anything against its. Was just looking to being some personal ideas and knowledge to the discussion that was occuring in this thread.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subniffiant?
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and is the finally point of all this that your assertion that god doesn't talk directly to anyone in the bible is based on your interpretation that "god said" really means "god said through an angel", even though no version of the text known actually has "through an angel" in it, it's just that you believe that that's what it really means? because it's what you believe?
Zeku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

This is a sinister conspiracy by religious megalomaniacs to trick impressionable and innocent young children to actually read the Bible.
Pytheus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to confuse you all. I don't only refer to the bible on the subject of angels. In fact once the church had actually banned angels at one point. Just accept that its my belief. Call me crazy if that makes you feel better. I dunno how else to explain it. Sad

Just know that the way I see things is, God is the universe, everything in it, the stars, moons earth people are all part of the one being. Angels are just a part of him and how he communicates with us and manages the workings of the universe. They are his puppets, they have no free will of their own cause they are his will. Communication with us via an angel is to me no different then if he were using a sock puppet. I don't believe the human mind could deal with a direct interaction with god. I'll give you only that by chance Adam and Eve may have done so but after eatiting the apple, humanity lost its direct connection with god and now we have to speak to him by proxy. Well thats my final shot, if you still don't get it I dunno what to tell ya.
Yorick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Testament!
New Testament!
Old Testament!
New Testament!
Old Testament!
New Testament!
New Testament!
Old Testament!
New Testament!
Old Testament! FIRE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: