welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

15th December 2007 - A Beautiful Disaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bun bun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:
God created a rock, we make a sculpture of a penis out of it. Do we blame god or the artist?

Do you blame god for giving you a penis?
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azmoten wrote:
Penis = evil?

Yes. Unless the penis makes portals that create connections instead of destruction.
Pytheus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bun bun wrote:
Pytheus wrote:
God created a rock, we make a sculpture of a penis out of it. Do we blame god or the artist?

Do you blame god for giving you a penis?

Its a mixed blessing. Penis gets you in trouble sometimes. Bad penis bad.
kame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, secret, you should be so happy, you're modeled after a character from sinfest Wink
Secret

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:

...only if the rock is the sum totality of all things and causes us to make a universe-penis.

What I'm saying here is that your analogies suck universe-penis.

kame wrote:
Awww, secret, you should be so happy, you're modeled after a character from sinfest Wink

Did you not notice my avatar for most of a year?
Pytheus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
Pytheus wrote:

...only if the rock is the sum totality of all things and causes us to make a universe-penis.

O well, it may suck but I was making a point and not a profound statement that will carry on for generations. I was going to explain further. But I see I'm still not forgiven here (at least not by Bun Bun and Secret). I was only playing around with ideas. I'll just nod my head, conform to the masses and stop coming up with different ways to look at things.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pytheus wrote:
Secret wrote:
Pytheus wrote:

O well, it may suck but I was making a point and not a profound statement that will carry on for generations. I was going to explain further. But I see I'm still not forgiven here (at least not by Bun Bun and Secret). I was only playing around with ideas. I'll just nod my head, conform to the masses and stop coming up with different ways to look at things.

It's quite simple.
God created everything. God also knows everything that will happen. So basically he knew what he was getting into.

Kry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
God created everything.

Sir Craigius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The world is like a giant version of The Sims to God. And anyone who's filled a house with Sims, wooden furniture and fireplaces and took away the doors will know how immensely satisfying it is too watch your precious creations die screaming in agony.
Pytheus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:

It's quite simple.
God created everything. God also knows everything that will happen. So basically he knew what he was getting into.

Well thats boring. If I was a god I would create everything, give my creations the ability to do what they wanted and see what would happen. The argument is fate verse free will. If its fated to happen then free will doesn't exist and we are predestined to do whatever god wanted. But if we have free will then we can do things that maybe god didn't anticipate. If life is a test then whats the point if god already knows the outcome?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Craigius wrote:
The world is like a giant version of The Sims to God. And anyone who's filled a house with Sims, wooden furniture and fireplaces and took away the doors will know how immensely satisfying it is too watch your precious creations die screaming in agony.

no. it's not. that would be this game:

OMFG!!!!! This just made me super happy:

wiki wrote:
On September 20, 2007 it was confirmed that a version of the game is in development for the Nintendo DS.[2] Very little has been revealed so far, except that it will allow 4 players to play over a wireless connection and that the release date in Japan is 31st December 2007.[3]

FUCK YEAH!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Secret

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If life is a test

Then you've just acknowledged that God created evil.

Quote:
whats the point if god already knows the outcome?

What's the point if God doesn't? God doesn't get bored.
YenTheFirst

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
Quote:
If life is a test

What if 'good and evil' are concepts more universal than even God, and thus any creation by God would inherently have good and evil, even though God did not create the good or the evil.

Honestly, though, what is the big hang-up about God having 'created evil'?
Pytheus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
Quote:
If life is a test

So evil is necessary to test us? There is right and wrong, but I don't think evil is always the result of wrong. Nor do we encounter evil often in our daily lives to test us. Evil acted upon another is the result of another person's free will and ideology. I don't think god plans for that cause he doesn't control what we do to each other.

Quote:
Quote:
whats the point if god already knows the outcome?

What's the point if God doesn't? God doesn't get bored.

Well I would, but I'm not god. Life seems pointless if its already mapped out for you. I don't think thats the case. I think we are free to make our own choices in life. What happens to us is our own faults and not something planned out by god or the devil. I take personal responsibility for what I do in life. Sure god may know what happens, but he doesn't control what we do or how we think.

What do we define life as. When we think of the ideal computer artificial intelligence, its something that will do things we didn't specifically program into it. We aren't preprogrammed software. And like we fear with AI in books and movies, we evolved beyond our original design and do things we were not specifically intended to do.

This is all pure speculation however so please don't get to serious about it.
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Query: Since "good" and "evil" are subjective descriptors, which largely differ from context to context, can we even speak of God creating either?

I'm no ethicist, but it seems to me that the subjectivity of a term such as "good" points to the fact that it's a human concept. If you're going to say that God created evil, you have to come to some sort of objective definition of evil, which simply isn't possible. Same goes for good.

Or maybe I'm just pointing out the obvious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: