welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only check for Cruise is a REALITY check
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mytton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrophy Annie wrote:
Uncle Benny wrote:
The Studios should just go ahead and embrace the pay-per-view system, I hate going to theaters, unless they serve beer.

I love drinking and watching movies, it's one of life's many joys.

Doesn't Austin have that fucking awesome theater that serves you dinner and alcohol to your seat? I mean, I'm not sure I'd enjoy watching a movie with a bunch of drunk morons but the whole idea of eating dinner and watching a movie seems neat. Can't remember the name of the place, though.

Alamo Drafthouse?

We've got one just on the other side of the freeway.

Mainly, it's mediocre food served in the dark for a lot of money.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe? Maybe they just made it look cooler on TV than it really is.
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrophy Annie wrote:
Uncle Benny wrote:
The Studios should just go ahead and embrace the pay-per-view system, I hate going to theaters, unless they serve beer.

Doesn't Austin have that fucking awesome theater that serves you dinner and alcohol to your seat? I mean, I'm not sure I'd enjoy watching a movie with a bunch of drunk morons but the whole idea of eating dinner and watching a movie seems neat. Can't remember the name of the place, though.

Alamo Draft House.

Ain't it Cool News is hosting a free viewing of "Beer Fest" there, I tried emailing a RSVP to them, I hope they let me go, oh so desperately hoping, and wishing, and praying, and stroking.

I don't like going to regular theaters, what with their 15 minutes of trailers and their 20 minutes of pre trailer commercials and their 30 minutes of precommercial slides, and the fact that now movies run for an average of 3 hours with no pee break in between, the standard "a small country of popcorn and a bucket of cock" routine's old too. and the seats are uncomfy, and if the theater's crowded I'd have to squinch myself so I don't crush anyone, and I need a smoke but I'd hate to miss the good parts.

I like to be able to watch at home, if I can't go to alamo draft house. because being able to pause to grab a smoke, or a drink, or some food, or your neighbor's dog, is an option that we, as the movie watching public, should be ALLOWED!

at least give back the intermission, seriously!
Him

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamletSr wrote:
Kilgore wrote:
kame wrote:
This is proof positive of the way hollywood works: "We'll tolerate any crazy shit you do, but if you stop making money for us, you're out on your ass."

The hypocrisy warms my black, black heart.

Movie studios are businesses, not reform schools for wealthy actors. What the fuck do you want?

amen.

but also - it would be nice if they didn't cater to the LCD quite so often and made more movie that go deeper than fart jokes and shallow romance
Hollywood? please.
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mytton wrote:
Atrophy Annie wrote:
Uncle Benny wrote:

Alamo Drafthouse?

We've got one just on the other side of the freeway.

Mainly, it's mediocre food served in the dark for a lot of money.

yeah, but no other theater I know plays clerks: the animated show right before showing clerks 2.

and one of their employees dressed as jack black during the showing of nacho libre...

I think that's cool...
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's gay.

By which I mean that's cool. And I want to make manlove to Jack Black.

Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who doesn't?
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who doesn't?

What a homophobe.

Amilam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
HamletSr wrote:
Kilgore wrote:
kame wrote:
This is proof positive of the way hollywood works: "We'll tolerate any crazy shit you do, but if you stop making money for us, you're out on your ass."

Movie studios are businesses, not reform schools for wealthy actors. What the fuck do you want?

amen.

but also - it would be nice if they didn't cater to the LCD quite so often and made more movie that go deeper than fart jokes and shallow romance
Hollywood? please.

That's more on the audience than Hollywood. People pay millions for that kind of stuff.
Just_A_Girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
I fail to see how anyone drunk driving is funny. I suppose if it wasn't a celebrity and someone rather close, the humor would deplete even more so.

I just meant funny in the way that it's funny when you think of someone in a situation that you couldn't really picture them in.

I know drunk driving isn't really funny. Sadly my Dad is very practiced at it. In the past when he's picked me up from somewhere, I hadn't even know he'd been drinking until I'd gotten into the car and heard him talk.

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
Drink driving is the more commonly used term in the UK.

I wasn't aware of that before some people mentioned it. But in that case, it's not funny. It's just a cultural difference, and that's fine by me.

I find it difficult to believe they actually find them funny. It’s particularly bad when they’re wrong about it being an error.

Before knowing it was a common term in the UK, I did actually find it funny. Because I would assume* that the Author was American. Being a journalist and all, I would hope he knows how to spell.
But, if it is infact a person from the UK living in Los Angeles, then I fully accept the cultural differences idea and no longer laugh.

Quote:
John Harlow, Los Angeles*
Him

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amilam wrote:
Him wrote:
HamletSr wrote:
Kilgore wrote:
kame wrote:

amen.

Hollywood? please.

That's more on the audience than Hollywood. People pay millions for that kind of stuff.
Well, on the flipside hollywood earn billions on the stuff. Not that I care, really.
Drui

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Tom wrote:
i started off with a sip of scotch and with my melt-in-your-mouth porkchop was served a good-bodied nutbrown lager.

When we went to the opening midnight showing of one of the LotR movies, my friend brought porkchops. She turned to my other friend in the middle of the movie with a grin: "Porkchop?" It was surreal.

I really hate it when people go HAHHAHHAHA over little spelling errors because I find it difficult to believe they actually find them funny, as opposed to just wanting to let people know they noticed them. It’s particularly bad when they’re wrong about it being an error.

A-freakin-men. Besides, like these people spell perfectly every day of their lives. Let ye who is without sin cast the first stone...
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just_A_Girl wrote:
Before knowing it was a common term in the UK, I did actually find it funny. Because I would assume* that the Author was American. Being a journalist and all, I would hope he knows how to spell.
But, if it is infact a person from the UK living in Los Angeles, then I fully accept the cultural differences idea and no longer laugh.

The constant use of the word "pounds" and the £ symbol didn't tip you off?
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus it was linked from the Times (.co.uk).

I swear, I'm not here.
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hold me, bell, hold me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: