Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only check for Cruise is a REALITY check
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drui

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Only check for Cruise is a REALITY check Reply with quote

I'm not gonna take sides with either the actors or the big companies, because I have a major problem with anyone who makes a shitload more money than s/he needs and doesn't realize it.

My favorite part of the article:
Quote:
Lohan was publicly censured by her employers for refusing to put her work above her social life. Her mother said it was an “ungallant” attack on her 20-year-old, daughter who was just a “good girl enjoying herself”.

It's great to know that Lohan's mother is teaching her about responsibility.
bun bun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British, yeah, I guess, seeing as they give currency in pounds. Badly copy-edited, YES. Good GOD.
HamletSr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shocked by this high quality news.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Studios are feeling more bullish because many summer hits, from Cars to Superman Returns, have been driven by strong scripts and computer effects rather than celebrities.

It is about time, studios. The pay cuts for big time celebrities has been a hope of mine for a while exactly for this reason. Pays based on percentages is much more intelligent and, I would think, produces better acting.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if we can just start computer generating athletes...
Snorri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smeat wrote:
Mine is more like a horror romantic drama.

Mine is about the dullest movie ever.

Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Studios should just go ahead and embrace the pay-per-view system, I hate going to theaters, unless they serve beer.

I love drinking and watching movies, it's one of life's many joys.
King Carl

Location: last seen with the seriously lame username "Sitdown"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benny, why you gotta hate on something that deserves no hating at all.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Benny wrote:
The Studios should just go ahead and embrace the pay-per-view system, I hate going to theaters, unless they serve beer.

a few years ago, the wife and i took a driving vacation, (fairly) straight up through NY state toward Montreal, our turnaround point. on our way back home we stopped off in Lake George and the hotel had a flier on top of the tv for "Aimee's Dinner and a Movie". which we decided sounded like a really fun way to have dinner.

i started off with a sip of scotch and with my melt-in-your-mouth porkchop was served a good-bodied nutbrown lager. we were seated in a leatherette hemispherical booth, and candlelit - both quite amenable for afterdinner movie cuddling.

the movie itself was "ok" (whatever that ashley judd/morgan freeman flick was), but the moviegoing experience was top-notch aces.

however, looking around the web for pics of the place, it seems it just might not be in business any longer, which is a damned shame.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just_A_Girl wrote:
Quote:
the arrest of Mel Gibson for drink driving

haha what?!

I already know Tom Cruise is a crazy egomaniac, but Mel Gibson drunk driving? Now that's funny.

I also found it funny how both times the author refered to the Mel Gibson incident, he seemed to draw a blank on how to spell drunk.

I fail to see how anyone drunk driving is funny. I suppose if it wasn't a celebrity and someone rather close, the humor would deplete even more so.

I'm also doing the twitter thing; you should stalk/follow me: http://twitter.com/sillygurlroo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just_A_Girl wrote:
Quote:

haha what?!

I also found it funny how both times the author refered to the Mel Gibson incident, he seemed to draw a blank on how to spell drunk.

Drink driving is the more commonly used term in the UK.

I really hate it when people go HAHHAHHAHA over little spelling errors because I find it difficult to believe they actually find them funny, as opposed to just wanting to let people know they noticed them. It’s particularly bad when they’re wrong about it being an error.
sporko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
Just_A_Girl wrote:
Quote:

haha what?!

Drink driving is the more commonly used term in the UK.

I really hate it when people go HAHHAHHAHA over little spelling errors because I find it difficult to believe they actually find them funny, as opposed to just wanting to let people know they noticed them. It’s particularly bad when they’re wrong about it being an error.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. see, i laughed cos that was funny, not cos you made a spelling error.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Benny wrote:

Doesn't Austin have that fucking awesome theater that serves you dinner and alcohol to your seat? I mean, I'm not sure I'd enjoy watching a movie with a bunch of drunk morons but the whole idea of eating dinner and watching a movie seems neat. Can't remember the name of the place, though.
Kilgore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kame wrote:
This is proof positive of the way hollywood works: "We'll tolerate any crazy shit you do, but if you stop making money for us, you're out on your ass."

The hypocrisy warms my black, black heart.

Movie studios are businesses, not reform schools for wealthy actors. What the fuck do you want?

-Slick
HamletSr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
kame wrote:
This is proof positive of the way hollywood works: "We'll tolerate any crazy shit you do, but if you stop making money for us, you're out on your ass."

The hypocrisy warms my black, black heart.

Movie studios are businesses, not reform schools for wealthy actors. What the fuck do you want?

amen.

but also - it would be nice if they didn't cater to the LCD quite so often and made more movie that go deeper than fart jokes and shallow romance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: