welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama FTW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 263, 264, 265 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Ember is Mitt Romney then that makes Obama's debate performance even more disappointing
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true.....true.

maybe he's just a campaign adviser.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the filibuster, i wish it still required you to stand up and talk. perhaps these senators would be less apt to use it to jam up the gears of government if it required extended physical exertion to conduct.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
as for the filibuster, i wish it still required you to stand up and talk. perhaps these senators would be less apt to use it to jam up the gears of government if it required extended physical exertion to conduct.

I actually wish that to filibuster you had to get yourself waterboarded for as long as you wanted to hold up the legislative process. There are some rich old men who could use a little real discomfort in their lives to remind them what its like to be one of us "poors"

Which apparently I am despite having been employed steadily since 18 years old with a brief stopover for heart attack recovery.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that hardly proves you are a taxpayer!

which, by the way, brings up some questions. to quote leona helmsley, "only the little people pay taxes", and mitt (to name one) seems to pay taxes at a much lower rate than i do. so: if you are actually paying taxes, does not that imply that you are in fact one of the poor? because if you were really rich, your accountant would fix it so you didn't pay taxes. or at least, not many. and really, are you going to get all worked up about how congress spends your pocket change? (when you could spend the time getting worked up about how they dared to take your pocket change in the first place)

but i am interested in your waterboarding proposal. after all, it's not like we'd be torturing them!
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is actually legitimately one of the most bullshit things in legislature that the filibuster got proceduralized into a simple push-button process, and that you can filibuster simply with announced intent to filibuster requiring cloture to move on from.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stealing this for the sinfest subforum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
Adyon wrote:
Either that or he admits he was actually just talking ignorantly and that some of the stuff he said was BS, but he has his own points and goes on. Or maybe he just walks away from the thread all-together. You don't dig a hole that deep and hope to somehow talk your way out of it. You hide and hope they forget you said it in the future.

Or maybe he just pulls a Guest and just ignores actually making a point and continues.

I mean I'll probably walk away from this thread soon, but it's not like I'm trying to hide or anything.

I mean what have I got to hide from. Your arguments are that even though the Democrats could pretty much do whatever they want because the republicans could filibuster that this isn't their fault.

I mean when you say I won't let unemployment break 8% and then it's over 8% for 43 consecutive months and that we have the least amount of people working since 1981 how can you say it's not at least mostly their fault.

How can you say that spending 5.4 Trillion dollars isn't primarily their fault. You say, but the Republicans could filibuster! And I just laugh.

This whole thing is utterly ridiculous. You can bash me all you want, but the economy is in total ruins right now and we have a president who just blames it on the previous administration while jamming crap down our throats.

How many times did Regan bring up Jimmy Carter?

What's that you say about the unemployment rate? I speculate after fourth quarter earnings reports come out it'll drop even lower.
You're an idiot, you're wrong, and you can't prove anything you claim.

Also, didn't I warn you that there were people other than Sojobo here that would trounce you worse than he did?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work everyone! That was deeply entertaining, mostly because I am poor and don't pay taxes.
eureka00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that money doesn't really tend to matter on online forum communities. I've been part of the Sinfest community for about a decade now, and I can honestly say that I have little to no idea what tax bracket everyone is in nor do I care. However, I DO know that we have some very well-educated individuals and you would do well to remember that. What really matters is your intelligence because that's all that comes across in your posts. To earn your keep here, you have to show intelligence by supporting your arguments with links to facts.

Differing opinions is fine, but you have to support your arguments intelligently. Regurgitating things you hear on FOX News or Right Wing talk shows isn't always smart. It takes a lot of work to be truly informed and get an unbiased opinion in today's news media.

I would also suggest you go buy a US Government textbook (used if you can't afford it), and then answer Sam's question.
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
Good work everyone! That was deeply entertaining, mostly because I am poor and don't pay taxes.

yeah but you're australian you don't count even more than that
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:

yeah but you're australian you don't count even more than that

Not gonna lie, I take cold comfort in the fact that our far right isn't the worst far right out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh... our far right are pretty fucked, but we don't have anyone accusing abortion doctors of giving out fake abortions.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it wasn't specifically at Australia. I don't think of you guys as better or worse, just a "different kind of fucked up". When I think "worse", I'm thinking more like Iran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 263, 264, 265 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 264 of 277

Jump to: