welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PSA: Fill your gas tank...NOW!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cried

Last edited by Usagi Miyamoto on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Light, sweet crude for September delivery

i always expect something like that to have a mellow yet fruity aroma, redolent of apples and perhaps grapes...

of course, the problem with things like biodiesel and ethanol is that we need something _now_ to replace the alaskan oil...but since we haven't been planning ahead, or paying attention to what they are doing in the rest of the world, we can't make a change that quickly. dang - and hybrids are already hard enough to get hold of.

at least maybe it will clear a few behemoths off the road.

the last several fillups have cost me over $30. when i bought my car, i don't think i could have managed to spend half that much, even if i filled an empty tank with premium. well, she's still getting around 33 mpg - i'll have to hope she hangs in a while longer.

(oh yeah - and someone remind me about how drilling in anwr will absolutely have no environmental consequences....because no doubt _those_ pipes will never fail...)
Xilonen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but... but... it's PERFECTLY harmless and TOTALLY worth it because it will give us as much as SIX WHOLE MONTHS to procrastinate further and ignore mounting concerns about the fate of the nation should we... GASP... have to stop relying on oil!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: the best part is that its a rap Reply with quote

There's totally a whole oil crisis brewing but I totally don't care because that avatar is back!

H is for Hedgehog
It's small and cute and fuzzy
Cuter than a frog
And prolly twice as lovey
It's fur may be prickly
But you'd kiss it if it were sickly
Xilonen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why oh why did i not get to meet you, sam?

<3
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kilgore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I crashed the jeep (which didn't exactly sip daintily at the gas itself) I started borrowing my parents' Chevy Tahoe for driving to work. It gets 15 miles to the gallon and has a 30 gallon tank.

-Slick
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite EPA ratings, I find that a 1995 Ford Taurus today can sometimes get about 15 miles per gallon in city conditions.
We've been eco-aware for a long time, y'know.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilgore wrote:
After I crashed the jeep (which didn't exactly sip daintily at the gas itself) I started borrowing my parents' Chevy Tahoe for driving to work. It gets 15 miles to the gallon and has a 30 gallon tank.

holy shit.

i love my Hyundai.
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: like maybe 15 mpg Reply with quote

I'm out driving a 4WD Chevy Silverado extended cab big engine blah blah thing. I don't even want to imagine the mileage (though, since it's so new and fancy and technological that it'll be better than anticipated) but it's all cost out as a business expense when I drive it.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: like maybe 15 mpg Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
I'm out driving a 4WD Chevy Silverado extended cab big engine blah blah thing. I don't even want to imagine the mileage (though, since it's so new and fancy and technological that it'll be better than anticipated) but it's all cost out as a business expense when I drive it.

do you only drive it when you need such a massive vehicle, or could a good deal of the miles put on the truck be travelled in a more fuel efficient vehicle?
Uncle Bebby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

option 1) jetpacks

option 2) tubes

I elect we all just give up and start doing everything in oil, because apparently, we are fucked anyway.

would just like some sweet light crude with your flowers?

I'm gonna go take a shower, you got any hardy crude?
Xilonen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 Benny/Bebby - Russ and i talk about the necessity of TUBES all the time!

Tubes, Personal Teleportation Devices, and Trebuchets with conveniently located Giant Inflatable Landing Pads.

go Random capitalization!
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huRRay!
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we already had a worldwide series of tubes? I want my own personal series of tubes, as oxymoronic as that may sound!

I am all for this diesel-electric hybrid idea. In fact I'm also for Battery Electric Vehicles, gas turbine hybrids (burn cleaner and are lighter), and human-powered transportation like those high-falootin' "bi-cycles."
dazedb42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the shiz. Steam hybrid.

Quote:
In the course of his fifty years as a mechanical engineer, Ted Pritchard designed, built and demonstrated several revolutionary multi-fuel steam engines.

Pritchard units are not like any previous steam engine. They have several significant advantages over earlier steam applications and over other power systems such as conventional internal combustion engines and alternatives such as petrol-electric hybrids and hydrogen-fuelled devices.

One engine that Ted Pritchard designed for mobile applications in the 1970ís was installed in a standard 1963 Ford Falcon. The vehicle performed impressively, driving many thousands of kilometres in Australia and the USA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: