welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

01.05.08 - Uncle Sam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustythekid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fight the Power!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Me bomb you long time."

Laughing Laughing

The fact that 2live crew sampled this makes it that much funnier with the pimp/gansta theme.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
"Me bomb you long time."

Laughing Laughing

Beaucoup Boom Boom.

I love the Venus reference, naughty though it is.
idontknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic comic today. Very intelligent commentary. It's great how sinfest switches from silly to intelligent, storylines, etc.

Little detail most ppl probably missed: in the first panel, Uncle Sam's hand is upside down. So his hand ring actually says "OWN" which is something Americans love to do (buy stuff, consume, have things they do not need).

One thing that Tat goofed on is that he put the Shell logo on Miss America in the 2nd panel. I know why he put the clam there, because it's by her groin, but Shell is actually a dutch oil company, not an American one. Good choice though

Last edited by idontknow on Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
idontknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krueger wrote:
Before anyone asks,

NWO: New World Order

Wrong. His hand is upside down. It's "OWN" which is what Americans like to do. They buy shit they don't need ALL the time.

Last edited by idontknow on Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
idontknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: nice piece of ass Reply with quote

Keign wrote:
Scythia wrote:
slingstone wrote:

What's on her left arm?

I think it's the K-Swiss Shield.

But then again, I'm not too sure, because the lines are the opposite direction. Just offered it as a possibility.

I was thinking it was the Warner Brothers shield.

It would not be Kswiss because they're British. That's the union jack in the Kswiss logo..

Last edited by idontknow on Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
idontknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikkat wrote:
Krueger wrote:
Before anyone asks,

...really?
I was sure it's Niggaz With Ottitude.

It's "OWN"

Look. His hand in panel 1 is UPSIDE DOWN. Those rings are meant to be seen when someone's fingers are pointed below their wrists (NOT as how seen in slide 1).

He's pointing out Americans love to buy and own things. Constantly buying new things, needing disposable everything, always buying new stuff.

Don't believe me about the owning bit? Well, in that case you probably have never travelled or lived outside of the USA.

Finnegan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idontknow wrote:
Krueger wrote:
Before anyone asks,

Wrong. His hand is upside down. It's "OWN" which is what Americans like to do. They buy shit they don't need ALL the time.

Wrong. If his hand was the right way it would spell "OMN".
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idontknow wrote:
Little detail most ppl probably missed: in the first panel, Uncle Sam's hand is upside down. So his hand ring actually says "OWN" which is something Americans love to do (buy stuff, consume, have things they do not need).

Nah, I think it's New World Order, because that's what the USA is always trying to bring about. Add to that the fact that if his hand is upside down (ignoring for a moment that the rings are 'upside down' on purpose because the letters are intended for people he's facing, not himself, much like mirror writing) then it would spell OMN, not OWN.

idontknow wrote:
One thing that Tat goofed on is that he put the Shell logo on Miss America in the 2nd panel. I know why he put the clam there, because it's by her groin, but Shell is actually a dutch oil company, not an American one. Good choice though.

Goofed? Not necessarily. Maybe he was, perhaps, you know, hinting at the USA's slight fondness for petrol?

idontknow wrote:
right. it wouldn't be Kswiss because they're British.

I've not even British, but I love how many americans can't even recognize the union jack, such as seen in the K-swiss logo.

Well, I'm British, and 1) I've never heard of K-Swiss, and 2) I don't see the union flag in their logo. Of course, since I've never heard of K-Swiss, I could be finding the wrong one, because the first thing I did was to look it up and found an American company called just that, with a very US flag-oriented logo. So please point me to the correct one because I'm confused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-Swiss

Incidentally, aren't you being a bit over-zealous by posting basically the same collection of arguments three times in a row?
idontknow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:
Goofed? Not necessarily. Maybe he was, perhaps, you know, hinting at the USA's slight fondness for petrol?

Every other company on Miss America is an extremely well known American mega-corporation, except for Shell Oil.

If he simply wanted to make the point of America's fondness for oil, why not use Exxon or Chevron, which are both American companies.
Scythia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: nice piece of ass Reply with quote

idontknow wrote:
Keign wrote:
Scythia wrote:
slingstone wrote:

What's on her left arm?

I think it's the K-Swiss Shield.

But then again, I'm not too sure, because the lines are the opposite direction. Just offered it as a possibility.

I was thinking it was the Warner Brothers shield.

It would not be Kswiss because they're British. That's the union jack in the Kswiss logo.

Actually, you're mistaken. A little bit of research never hurts anyone.

They're an American company created by two Swiss brothers.
CuteKat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idontknow wrote:
Every other company on Miss America is an extremely well known American mega-corporation, except for Shell Oil.

If he simply wanted to make the point of America's fondness for oil, why not use Exxon or Chevron, which are both American companies.

Maybe it's because Exxon doesn't have a logo (other than EXXON, and that's quite long) and the Chevron logo could be confused with something else. It's not like Royal Dutch Shell doesn't have have the American subsidiary Shell Oil Company. And until the 1990s, the US Shell logo was different from what the rest of the world used.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: nice piece of ass Reply with quote

Scythia wrote:
idontknow wrote:
It would not be Kswiss because they're British. That's the union jack in the Kswiss logo.

Actually, you're mistaken. A little bit of research never hurts anyone.

They're an American company created by two Swiss brothers.

Thanks for backing me up. I still don't know how he sees a series of red and blue stripes as being the British union flag.
vikkat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idontknow wrote:
vikkat wrote:
Krueger wrote:
Before anyone asks,

...really?
I was sure it's Niggaz With Ottitude.

It's "OWN"

Look. His hand in panel 1 is UPSIDE DOWN. Those rings are meant to be seen when someone's fingers are pointed below their wrists (NOT as how seen in slide 1).

He's pointing out Americans love to buy and own things. Constantly buying new things, needing disposable everything, always buying new stuff.

Don't believe me about the owning bit? Well, in that case you probably have never travelled or lived outside of the USA.

LOL
CuteKat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikkat wrote:
LOL

Yeah, laughing is about all you can do at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: