welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 January 2008 - 2+2=5?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Screw Ya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like andrew needs to have his diaper changed again.
ktern

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky wrote:
Five words? Wrong! The word "no" is repeated four times. So it's "no", "news" and I'll accept "?" as half of a word. So there are only really 2.5 words used for the comic. I guess that makes filecore only a quarter as speechless as the comic is wordless. Idiots.

Well, let's count them again.

1... 2... ???
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew wrote:
Several things: 1) No one asked for your recommendation. 2) When you give your recommendation without asking, you look like an overarrogant douchebag. 3) When you go so far as to specify a fucking translation, you look like an even bigger douchebag.
Here's what it looks like:
"HEY someone mentioned 1984 and I just read the Wikipedia entry on it so I can spout out bullshit to make it seem like I actually know some cool shit, since Wikipedia + Sparknotes + Google + inherent time delays when posting make it so I can fake knowledge and participate in pseudointellectual snobbery! WHEEEEEE!!!!!
p.s. cocks lol"

Man, and I thought people were hostile on the Mitch Clem forum.

Anyway, it's good to see that 'Nique can still attract a following, but sadly her efforts are thwarted by Mass Media: Tools Of The Devil.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
andrew wrote:
Several things: 1) No one asked for your recommendation. 2) When you give your recommendation without asking, you look like an overarrogant douchebag.

Man, and I thought people were hostile on the Mitch Clem forum.

Well, I seem to have made several mistakes. First, for thinking I was allowed to write whatever I felt like on what seems to have turned out to have been andrew's personal forum; secondly, for recommending something (apparently in his circles literacy is A Bad Thing); and thirdly, for having deigned to actually read a book (which I read way back before Sinfest or this forum - or Wikipedia - ever existed). Oh, and fourth for recommending the better of several possible variants of something. Well, if that's andrew's policy for things, no wonder he needs to 'embiggen' himself by ranting at others anonymously on the internet. Well done. You're truly a big man for having done that. I applaud you. Oh my, you're so brave. What a hero. You're my idol. Can I have your children?
Azmoten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND THUS CONCLUDED AN ANONYMOUS RANT ON THE INTERNET ABOUT HOW IT IS SHAMEFUL AND PATHETIC TO RANT ANONYMOUSLY ON THE INTERNET

AND SO THE SUN SET ON ANOTHER DAY, IN THE SINFEST FORUM. I FEEL WE LEARNED SOMETHING HERE TODAY. BUT WHAT I DIDN'T LEARN IS WHEN IT IS AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO USE CAPSLOCK.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew wrote:
+ inherent time delays when posting

Actually, can I just ask what you mean by this? Should I get up at 4am and read the forums just so that my post can appear at a convenient time for you, personally? Or did you expect that everyone here is an America-based American?

And I've never heard of Sparknotes. I'll have to check it out. I would say thanks for the tip, but instead, the natural thing (apparently) to do is say several things: 1) No one asked for your recommendation. 2) When you give your recommendation without asking, you look like an overarrogant douchebag. 3) When you go so far as to specify a fucking list of sites, you look like an even bigger douchebag.
Here's what it looks like:
"HEY someone mentioned research and I just read the Wikipedia entry on it so I can spout out bullshit to make it seem like I actually know some cool shit, since Wikipedia + Sparknotes + Google + inherent time delays when posting make it so I can fake knowledge and participate in pseudointellectual snobbery! WHEEEEEE!!!!!
p.s. cocks lol"
filecore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azmoten wrote:
AND THUS CONCLUDED AN ANONYMOUS RANT ON THE INTERNET ABOUT HOW IT IS SHAMEFUL AND PATHETIC TO RANT ANONYMOUSLY ON THE INTERNET

Sorry, was I ranting? I was posting anonymously. There's a difference.
filecore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew wrote:
Several things: 1) No one asked for your recommendation. 2) When you give your recommendation without asking, you look like an overarrogant douchebag.

Wikipedia + Sparknotes + Google + inherent time delays when posting make it so I can fake knowledge and participate in pseudointellectual snobbery!

Well, I took your 'recommendation' and looked at Sparknotes. I see you need to plagiarise your school homework (for I surmise that you are of school age) but I think it's rather sad if you can't do your own research. Anyhow sorry to burst your delicate little bubble, but the book I referred to isn't referenced there.

However, next time I need to fake knowledge and participate in seudointellectual snobary (there's a gratis typo or two there so you have something to correct me on and be all superior about), I know where to go. Thanks!

(I still don't get the thing about the time delays in posting though.)
filecore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
Um. Ok? To be honest I'm not really interested in novels just because they're dystopic.

To be honest neither am I. There are a hundred other dystopic novels out there. However (and despite some argumentation on this thread), I've actually read We, and it's a pretty good novel regardless. I was just recommending a good book which happens to also be about a dystopia. I get the hint though. Shall I now be a good troll and find other threads where people have recommended anything, and flame them to death? Shall I accuse them of having gotten their recommendations from Wikipedia? That does seem to be the status quo around here now.
Keign

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filecore? If you'd be so kind as to calm the fuck down, I'd appreciate it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
filecore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keign wrote:
Filecore? If you'd be so kind as to calm the fuck down, I'd appreciate it.

Stop swearing, it's childish.
ZigZag

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you god, for this great forum.
I laugh my guts out every day.

Quote:
AND SO THE SUN SET ON ANOTHER DAY, IN THE SINFEST FORUM. I FEEL WE LEARNED SOMETHING HERE TODAY. BUT WHAT I DIDN'T LEARN IS WHEN IT IS AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO USE CAPSLOCK.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone got awfully hurt in this thread. A moment of silence people.
filecore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Someone got awfully hurt in this thread. A moment of silence people.

Don't Feed The Trolls Sad
reasonablymad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shut up.

also, read wells dystopian when the sleeper awakes which predates we by two decades. (I checked out wikipedia, which says he rewrote it in 1910, which is still before we!) I could also argue that mary shelly's frankenstein is dystopian science fiction, and predates we by an entire century. did you know: mary was only 19 when she wrote frankenstein! I bet she was so hot. wikipedia also says that edgar allan poe invented science fiction! but I already knew that, which is why I looked him up. some ridiculous story about hot air balloons, I recall. he published it as fact in a newspaper, but it was all a hoax! kind of like war of the worlds and fox news, amirite?? haha I am so smart and hip. but seriously, the father of dystopian fiction is john of patmos (68 a.d.). I totally knew that date. kjv sucks balls, lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: