welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

02/07/08 Ass
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustythekid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: 02/07/08 Ass Reply with quote

I also used to blame society, now I blame my ex.
Secret

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Thinker pose in the last panel.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe Tat is reading my thoughts and going oldschooler.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain.Damage wrote:
I think maybe Tat is reading my thoughts

So you agree you're an ass?
Mirchev

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:
Brain.Damage wrote:
I think maybe Tat is reading my thoughts

So you agree you're an ass?

You know you thought about yourself for a moment too after reading the comic, I'm sure most of us did.

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirchev wrote:
You know you thought about yourself for a moment too after reading the comic, I'm sure most of us did.

Well, I know I've been like that in the past, but things are looking up these days (or maybe I'm still buzzed because last night our offer for buying a new house was accepted by the seller), so it certainly doesn't apply to me right now.
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your post towards me sort of broke your "not being an ass" streak.

But then again, yes, yes I can be a terrific ass.
filecore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brain.Damage wrote:

Actually to be fair, the strip is about Slick's realisation of his own situation; realising that he, himself, is behaving stupidly, and is accordingly to blame for his own actions, rather than finding a scapegoat (parents, teachers, 'the system', etc).

On the other hand, what somebody else may think of you (especially an anonymous stranger on a BBS somewhere on the internets) has nothing to do with your self-evaluation as a person. I may be called one thing in a certain contex by another, but in this case, my sense of self is not in question, as Slick's is. Therefore it doesn't hold true that I'm an ass (in the context of this strip) if you think so - but only if I judge myself to have been self-deceiving.

So saying, although I've felt in the past like Slick is feeling now, and therefore can empathise with that, I'm perfectly happy with myself at the moment, thanks.
·%#&@·

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: yaddayaddayadda… Reply with quote

p·3 'pugnacious cowboy' for the win - butt-all-gooD Laughing

maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn, wish I had my old bubblebutt - the latest boneyflat-style is nsg for sitting (;
Renee Katz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. When I first saw this I immediately thought of all the people on the Sinfest forums. . .

RSS
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renee Katz wrote:
I agree. When I first saw this I immediately thought of all the people on the Sinfest forums. . .

Obviously you need to browse the forums more. Then you'd realize only 49% of the people are asses to some degree, 1% are cool, and the rest are bots.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brain.Damage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: yaddayaddayadda… Reply with quote

·%#&@· wrote:
p·3 'pugnacious cowboy' for the win - butt-all-gooD Laughing

maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn, wish I had my old bubblebutt - the latest boneyflat-style is nsg for sitting (;

That's just more ass to have be uncomfortable.
A.N.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:
Brain.Damage wrote:

Actually to be fair, the strip is about Slick's realisation of his own situation; realising that he, himself, is behaving stupidly, and is accordingly to blame for his own actions, rather than finding a scapegoat (parents, teachers, 'the system', etc).

On the other hand, what somebody else may think of you (especially an anonymous stranger on a BBS somewhere on the internets) has nothing to do with your self-evaluation as a person. I may be called one thing in a certain contex by another, but in this case, my sense of self is not in question, as Slick's is. Therefore it doesn't hold true that I'm an ass (in the context of this strip) if you think so - but only if I judge myself to have been self-deceiving.

So saying, although I've felt in the past like Slick is feeling now, and therefore can empathise with that, I'm perfectly happy with myself at the moment, thanks.
I kinda agree. On some levels.
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

filecore wrote:

Feeling sorry/happy/whatsnot for myself never prevented me from digging some more so far.

I guess I'm a sucker for vitriol Laughing
Hydro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange how Slick's definition of that word has changed or evolved, or devolved...I can't decide which.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: