welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random News Stories of Note
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 807, 808, 809 ... 821, 822, 823  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So one of New York's finest choked a guy to death for allegedly selling loose cigarettes. Outrage and protests follow. The alleged killer gets a desk job temporarily until people forget about this. Al Sharpton gets involved because the guy who died was black.

God-Mayor DeBlasio and Lord of the King's Men Bratton calmly address concerns about said killing.

Quote:
Eric Garner died in police custody in part because for several decades the NYPD has doggedly enforced smaller, seemingly innocuous "quality-of-life" crimes. According to Mayor de Blasio and Police Commissioner Bratton, the NYPD will continue to strictly enforce laws against loosie peddlers and subway dancers. "I can understand why any New Yorker may say, that's not such a big deal," de Blasio said. "But a violation of the law is a violation of the law."

Commissioner Bratton added, "It's important that when an officer does approach you to correct your behavior, that you respect them. That's what democracy's all about."

What a colossal shit. His boss too.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone get that man a dictionary, and a swift kick to the balls.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sad that this wasn't made

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22eged_deadpool-test-footage-in-hd_videogames?start=1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some long-awaited good news in the fight against Crypto-locker ransomware.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iraq wars episode iii: revenge of the sunnis
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
iraq wars episode iii: revenge of the sunnis

I am legitimately surprised that the US is willing to go back into Iraq, even if it is just a humanitarian and air support role.

inb4 GOP denounces the actions, and then denounces the lack of action when the American consulate in Irbil gets overrun.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Gilberto Vale, the NYPD cop who planned on kidnapping, raping, killing, cooking and eating a bunch of young women a couple of years ago, just had his conviction overturned:
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-planned-kidnap-rape-eat-women-walks-free-judge-overturns-conviction/

Quote:
“The judge’s well-reasoned decision validates what we have said since the beginning: There was no crime,” she said. “Gil Valle is innocent of any conspiracy. Gil is guilty of nothing more than having unconventional thoughts.”

“Gil Valle has been in jail for 18 long months, 7 months in solitary confinement, for a crime he absolutely didn’t commit,” Gatto added. “We’re relieved he will be free and incredibly grateful to Judge Gardephe for upholding the awesome and fundamental legal principles at stake here, including our core freedom to be able to think what we want free of government intrusion.”

As RT reported in 2012, an FBI investigation into Valle’s online activity found a series of unsettling documents and statements, including one file titled, “Abducting and Cooking (Victim-1): A Blueprint.” Inside were details regarding the birthdate and bra size of a woman and a list of materials needed to carry out a kidnapping plot.

“I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus… cook her over low heat, keep her alive as long as possible,” the document read, according to court papers.

The FBI’s complaint also alleged that Valle discussed kidnapping a woman for a third party.

“I will really get off on knocking her out, tying up her hands and bare feet and gagging her,” he wrote. “Then she will be stuffed into a large piece of luggage and wheeled out to my van.”

Although Judge Gardephe granted Valle’s acquittal based on the idea that he did not commit a real crime, he acknowledged that these writings were “misogynistic” and “highly disturbing.”

“Once the lies and the fantastical elements are stripped away, what is left are deeply disturbed misogynistic chats and emails written by an individual obsessed with imagining women he knows suffering horrific sex-related pain, terror and degradation,” the judge wrote, according to the Post.

“Despite the highly disturbing nature of Valle’s deviant and depraved sexual interests, his chats and emails about these interests are not sufficient – standing alone – to make out the elements of conspiracy to commit kidnapping.”

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the justice system for you. You know what they say: It's better that ten guilty kidnapping rapist cannibals go free than one aspiring kidnapping rapist cannibal wannabe be sentenced.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I surely would be comfortable having someone like that as a coworker.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better join the NYPD then, as I'm sure the union will get him his job back.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please, as if none of you have ever planned a murder in intricate detail. Rolling Eyes

My plans involve leaving a man naked, several kilometers into the deep woods, drenched in animal fat, blood and urine from a bitch in heat, which I'd pick up from a kennel using the excuse that I'm a college student collecting a sample for a lab study. The wolves will do the actual killing and disposing of evidence.

I suppose if I wanted to do it in a less complicated way I could just drag them out into the woods, bash their brains out with the shovel or pick, and then bury them in a shallow grave, but there is no fun or art in that.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
My plans involve leaving a man naked, several kilometers into the deep woods, drenched in animal fat, blood and urine from a bitch in heat, which I'd pick up from a kennel using the excuse that I'm a college student collecting a sample for a lab study. The wolves will do the actual killing and disposing of evidence.

this is actually a terrible plan for killing a person even assuming you live in an area with plenty of wolves
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've honestly never once made plans for how to get away with murder and I refuse to believe that makes me an anomaly.

But no really I just want to second Sam, that's a terrible plan.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, even in areas where wolves have been reintroduced and bounced back successfully, they know better than to fuck with things that have less than four legs.
Echo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, humanity may be afraid of wolves but that doesn't make them an immediate deadly threat that can be lured and their behaviour controlled with animal fats and pheromones.

Incidentally, does anyone else find the "urine from a bitch in heat" thing introduces an incredibly creepy sexual element into that murder fantasy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 807, 808, 809 ... 821, 822, 823  Next
Page 808 of 823

Jump to: