welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random News Stories of Note
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 665, 666, 667 ... 815, 816, 817  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mikewee777"]
Mikewee777 wrote:
Mikewee777 wrote:
^^^ Bumping to 666.

http://www.clearbankruptcy.com/blog/why-we-keep-falling-for-bad-deals/

That is good financial advice. Get it all on paper and don't let them do the thinking for you. I know you are busy but it doesn't take that long to prepare in advance. It also saves you the humiliation of waiting in a customer service line to make a return you could have avoided altogether.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindslicer wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mindslicer wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Because free will is totally a thing we have control over, as opposed to the existence, number, and access to firearms, which we have no control over at all.

Correct, you have no control over the latter at all.

Great use of decade old data fuckwit

Got anything more recent that confirms your idiocy? Are all the unregistered guns cited in that report now either destroyed or safely in the hands of government Top Men? I suspect not, fuckwit.

Do your own fucking research shitlord...i'm not your teacher.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mindslicer wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mindslicer wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Because free will is totally a thing we have control over, as opposed to the existence, number, and access to firearms, which we have no control over at all.

Got anything more recent that confirms your idiocy? Are all the unregistered guns cited in that report now either destroyed or safely in the hands of government Top Men? I suspect not, fuckwit.

My research is done, fuckenstein. Laws banning guns have been roughly as effective as laws banning drugs are. Go figure that scribbiling words on a page doesn't stop people from wanting an item, nor other people from wanting to provide said item for money. Keep on pretending it does though, moron.
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, here's what Andrew Cuomo will be dealing with in New York.

Quote:
Assault-rifle owners statewide are organizing a mass boycott of Gov. Cuomo’s new law mandating they register their weapons, daring officials to “come and take it away,” The Post has learned.

Gun-range owners and gun-rights advocates are encouraging hundreds of thousands of owners to defy the law, saying it’d be the largest act of civil disobedience in state history.

“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said Brian Olesen, president of the American Shooters Supply, one of the largest gun dealers in the state.

Officials estimate at least 1 million semiautomatic rifles are owned in the state, sources said.

And come April 15, 2014 — when Cuomo is expected to be running for re-election — they all have to be registered with the State Police.

But because the rifles have been legal but unregistered until now, authorities don’t know who has them or where they are located.

State officials will be nervously watching the registration figures to see how many gun owners comply, sources said.

“I believe you will have people stepping forward, saying, ‘Here I am. See? I have what you call an assault rifle. Now come and take it away,’ ’’ said a gun-rights activist and boycott organizer.

That’s exactly what state officials are worried about.

“Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ said a Cuomo-administration source who added that officials expect “widespread violations’’ of the new law. Owners who refuse to register could face a class-A misdemeanor — punishable by up to a year in prison.

And an owner’s weapon could also be confiscated, which could be worth several thousands of dollars.

National Rifle Association President David Keene told The Post yesterday that he wasn’t surprised by the planned boycott.

“While we don’t get involved in campaigns to resist the law, I will say this: Historic experience here and in Canada shows that when you try to force gun owners into a registration and licensing system, there’s usually mass opposition and mass noncompliance,” he said. “I think it’s going to be very difficult for the governor to get mass compliance with this new law.”

Guns: cannot be controlled by laws even remotely as well as moron mcdermott thinks.
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindslicer wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mindslicer wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mindslicer wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

My research is done, fuckenstein. Laws banning guns have been roughly as effective as laws banning drugs are. Go figure that scribbiling words on a page doesn't stop people from wanting an item, nor other people from wanting to provide said item for money. Keep on pretending it does though, moron.

So you are saying that we should give up hope and let them continue raping until the "non-rape" trickles down? I'm sorry, I thought this was America! We don't just give up when terrorists rear their ugly heads. We ban terrorist weaponry and we ban the terrorists themselves. Laws are going to keep being written and preventive measures will be presented and executed harder than any idiot who is bold enough to stand in our way. Every time we stop these criminals, they end up on the list of pathetic walking failures. God bless America. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_threats_against_Barack_Obama
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you guys please stop trying to kill Obama?

He's our president, please stop shooting at him.

The wikipedia list speaks for itself.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindslicer wrote:
And, here's what Andrew Cuomo will be dealing with in New York.

Quote:
Assault-rifle owners statewide are organizing a mass boycott of Gov. Cuomo’s new law mandating they register their weapons, daring officials to “come and take it away,” The Post has learned.

Gun-range owners and gun-rights advocates are encouraging hundreds of thousands of owners to defy the law, saying it’d be the largest act of civil disobedience in state history.

“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said Brian Olesen, president of the American Shooters Supply, one of the largest gun dealers in the state.

Officials estimate at least 1 million semiautomatic rifles are owned in the state, sources said.

And come April 15, 2014 — when Cuomo is expected to be running for re-election — they all have to be registered with the State Police.

But because the rifles have been legal but unregistered until now, authorities don’t know who has them or where they are located.

State officials will be nervously watching the registration figures to see how many gun owners comply, sources said.

“I believe you will have people stepping forward, saying, ‘Here I am. See? I have what you call an assault rifle. Now come and take it away,’ ’’ said a gun-rights activist and boycott organizer.

That’s exactly what state officials are worried about.

“Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ said a Cuomo-administration source who added that officials expect “widespread violations’’ of the new law. Owners who refuse to register could face a class-A misdemeanor — punishable by up to a year in prison.

And an owner’s weapon could also be confiscated, which could be worth several thousands of dollars.

National Rifle Association President David Keene told The Post yesterday that he wasn’t surprised by the planned boycott.

“While we don’t get involved in campaigns to resist the law, I will say this: Historic experience here and in Canada shows that when you try to force gun owners into a registration and licensing system, there’s usually mass opposition and mass noncompliance,” he said. “I think it’s going to be very difficult for the governor to get mass compliance with this new law.”

Guns: cannot be controlled by laws even remotely as well as moron mcdermott thinks.

Everyone talks big, though. I mean, it's easy to say you'll defy the law, and another thing to do it. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, I'm just not ready to take the guys trying to organize the campaign at face value about how big it will actually be. Either way, regardless of how we should do it, the evidence is starkly on the side of gun control advocates.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't insult anyone in that post... umm... Got that, cumbubble?

There.
Yorick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

God you're fucking stupid, how have you not drowned while looking up at the sky wondering where the water was coming from yet?

cheese, monks, can't you tell absurdity? for serious, macaroon cherry dingo zwoot
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Everyone talks big, though. I mean, it's easy to say you'll defy the law, and another thing to do it.

Certainly, and if the Small Arms Survey is to be believed, it was (and likely still is) done all across Europe. Apparently, even Cuomo himself figured it would happen.

Quote:
“Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ said a Cuomo-administration source who added that officials expect “widespread violations’’ of the new law.

So Cuomo was just posturing.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or yknow, eventually they'll trickle down in numbers, the people who have them will be caught and prosecuted or they'll die and their descendants will turn them in, or they'll break and not be reasonably replaced.

Laws are implemented to discourage a behavior, they're not implemented because everyone believes everyone will just merrily go along with them.

douchewhizzle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
cheese, monks, can't you tell absurdity? for serious, macaroon cherry dingo zwoot

^

Shovel-whipped wart infested derriere, et cetera.
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Or yknow, eventually they'll trickle down in numbers, the people who have them will be caught and prosecuted or they'll die and their descendants will turn them in, or they'll break and not be reasonably replaced.

How's that War on Drugs been doing the past forty fucking years, dipshit? Laughing
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guns don't get people high.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think that makes a difference? Plenty of examples exist that show how naive you are. Maybe you should stare at your toes the next time it rains. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 665, 666, 667 ... 815, 816, 817  Next
Page 666 of 817

Jump to: