welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

send in the clowns (2016 edition)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will be the 2016 Republican Presidential Candidate?
Jeb! Bush
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
"The Donald" Trump
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Ted "The Debate-Master" Cruz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rand (not Ron) Paul
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Marco "The Future" Rubio
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Ben "the Brain-surgeon" Carson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Carly "HP" Fiorina
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mike "The Reverend Mister" Huckabee
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rick "Don't Google Me" Santorum
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Candidate to be named later
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: send in the clowns (2016 edition) Reply with quote

because, really, we should immortalize this (hopefully) once-in-a-lifetime republican bonanza.

so: let's start by placing our bets! who will be the 2016 republican presidential candidate? and which character in "game of thrones" will he/she most resemble? and how many of them can you actually name without looking at this list?

stupid poll...why don't you tell me up front how many people i can have? but! you can still vote for (not officially entered as of 6/26):
John "Who?" Kasich
Chris "In my dreams" Christie
Scott "I'll handle ISIS like I handled those schoolteachers" Walker

and currently announced (but polling below the margin of error) candidates:
George "Governor" Pataki
Lindsey "John McCain's Friend" Graham
Rick "But I wear glasses now" Perry
Bobby "Lucky 13" Jindal
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm also running for the Republican nomination, fyi

technically i oppose basically every single thing the GOP stands for but i'm still polling ahead of Bobby Jindal
mouse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to downplay your chances, ShadowCell, but i think roadkill racoons are polling ahead of bobby jindal.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plenty of potential cabinet members, then!
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeb Bush is the least shamefully weak candidate the republicans have and the monied backers that push checks around the republican think tanks and money groups are going to eventually know they have to settle on him and push him through. The Republican primaries will be an absolute fucking shitshow where the party struggles to damage control what the candidates are going to do to their already suffering attempt to get any sort of outreach to young people, women, and nonwhites. He will be fighting Hillary Clinton, who will not be substantially opposed by Bernie Sanders in the Democrats' snoozefest of a primary. Hillary will win and be the next president of the United States. Scalia and Thomas will finally give up the fucking ghost and die or leave, and the SCOTUS will no longer be so perilously shadowed by hard-right ideologues.
mouse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, i sure hope you are right (especially about scalia and thomas).

although actually i think scalia's head could explode any day now. i can dream, anyway.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Stone has a recent article on Jindal that's chock full of the usual RS snark but also backed up by copious links.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Rolling Stone has a recent article on Jindal that's chock full of the usual RS snark but also backed up by copious links.

Someone PLEASE tell me where I can find these "facts":

Quote:
teach absolutely bugfuck facts like: man and dinosaurs were contemporaries, dragons might have existed, slavery and the KKK were usually good, the Great Depression is just liberal propaganda and gay people have no more rights than child molesters.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you won't find them in the LAMEstream media or those liberal ivory towers! You'll have to sign on with one of Louisiana's fine voucher-supported private academies for such Truth.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Univision Cuts Ties With Trump After Comments About Immigrants

Now NBCUniversal is following suit.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/06/29/418619850/nbcuniversal-is-cutting-ties-with-donald-trump

Quote:
NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Donald Trump following comments Trump made about Mexican immigrants. Trump's controversial remarks came as he was announcing his bid for the Republican Party's presidential nomination.
NBC said in a statement that:
Quote:
"At NBC, respect and dignity for all people are cornerstones of our values. Due to the recent derogatory statements by Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump.
"To that end, the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe Pageants, which are part of a joint venture between NBC and Trump, will no longer air on NBC.
"In addition, as Mr. Trump has already indicated, he will not be participating in 'The Apprentice' on NBC.
" 'Celebrity Apprentice' is licensed from Mark Burnett's United Artists Media Group and that relationship will continue."

For his part, Trump says he stands by his recent comments, according to a statement from The Trump Organization. It says, "NBC is weak, and like everybody else is trying to be politically correct - that is why our country is in serious trouble."

Meanwhile, Ted Cruz is so impressed by how partisan politics and electioneering have turned the US Congress into a shining example of objective reasoning, rationality, efficiency, and moderation that he decided the Supreme Court could only benefit:

Quote:
In an interview with Morning Edition host Steve Inskeep on Sunday in New York City, the GOP presidential hopeful doubled down on his belief that the court had overstepped its bounds in both the marriage decision and in upholding Obamacare. And as a result, Cruz said, the justices should be subject to elections and lose their lifetime appointments.

"This week in response to both of these decisions, I have called for another constitutional amendment this one that would make members of the Supreme Court subject to periodic judicial retention elections," said Cruz.
"The court's views are radically out of step with public opinion," said Cruz. "The Supreme Court follows the opinions of Manhattan and Washington D.C., but it doesn't follow the opinions of America."

Nevermind that polls show a majority of Americans support same-sex marriage.

The eagerness and zeal with which some of these candidates are willing to throw themselves to the wall of crazy hoping that it's made of velcro is Trumpilicious. I hope it keeps up.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

Quote:
man and dinosaurs were contemporaries

why, in the creation museum, of course.

it's in a museum, so it must be true!
Rune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:

Quote:
man and dinosaurs were contemporaries

why, in the creation museum, of course.

it's in a museum, so it must be true!

I want to go there SO BAD.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's actually not far from me, i keep telling myself i should go - but i'm afraid i couldn't do it with a straight face.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're also using it as a tax shelter and the money you'd pay to get in will be funneled into their evangelical anti-evolutionism, plus if you ask inconvenient questions they'll show you the door. So it's not worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: