Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Movie Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 360, 361, 362  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Hidden Figures is an awesome movie and you should go see it in theaters as long as it's still showing.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Wheelsie.
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Arc Tempest wrote:
Demolition Man is probably one of my favorite bad movies of all time.

"In the distant future of 1996 lawlessness and criminal gangs have taken over the apocalyptic hellscape that is LA!"

Demolition Man is not a bad movie, though!

oh, it's good fun, it was just a stupid detail that took me out of it for several minutes.
Yorick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I yam disgustipated with the current state of American politics so tonite I chose to revisit one of the greatest ever Presidents of the United States of America: Harrison Ford.

Air Force One, FTW
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those unaware, Logan is good. Really, really, really good.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power Rangers is so weird

for most of its runtime it's interesting and engaging and then the last twenty minutes happen and you are starkly reminded of the fact that it is Power Rangers you're watching and yet if you are an appropriately 90s child you won't care because it's fucking Power Rangers but by now there's that part of your brain that won't turn off and says "why are they doing that it is ridiculous why do they need five people to control one robot it doesn't make sense why do they have to morph in the first place i don't get it" and then you realize that you are nearly thirty years old and sitting in a movie theater that you paid twelve bucks to get into and you are watching Power Rangers and suddenly you wonder where you are going with your life

then Megazord punches the monster and you're all "yay"

also there is going to be a Captain Underpants movie and i am not really sure how i feel about that
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's pretty much "good actors, acting well, until they're Power Rangers for real and there's no way around this?"
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowcell, you're the second person to say almost exactly that about the power rangers movie... I'm gunna have to pass on it.

even as a 8 year old i resented power rangers for taking over the ninja turtles time slot, so i don't even have nostalgia to get me through.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another movie about which I hear bad things...
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before it was a movie, it was book. And after it was a book, but still before it was a movie, it was an audio recording. I invite you to listen to a small sampling of the Gilbert Gottfried's reading of 50 shades of Grey (but probably not loudly at work)
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
So it's pretty much "good actors, acting well, until they're Power Rangers for real and there's no way around this?"

Samsally wrote:
shadowcell, you're the second person to say almost exactly that about the power rangers movie... I'm gunna have to pass on it.

even as a 8 year old i resented power rangers for taking over the ninja turtles time slot, so i don't even have nostalgia to get me through.

yeah basically

it takes them a really long time in the movie to actually become Power Rangers and up until that point it's interesting and engaging. and then they become Power Rangers and it suddenly feels like Michael Bay took over with Zach Snyder consulting. if you have a residue of nostalgic fondness for Power Rangers (which i do 'cuz i was fucking obsessed with that show when i was little) then you'll probably be able to get through the last twenty minutes. if not, welp.

Elizabeth Banks makes a pretty creepy Rita Repulsa though

also Bryan Cranston as Zordon is objectively hilarious and that alone is worth the price of admission, it is fucking Walter White as a disembodied blue head who has moved from bossing around one teen with attitude to five, it is laffo
Chronometry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I first heard that Power Rangers was getting a new movie was seeing a bus advert while on my bike, and I remember having the distinct reaction of "Oh god, please don't suck."

ShadowCell's review is not filling me with confidence.

Power Rangers was so good when I was young though like holy shit I remember being obsessed with Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder and SPD and the two crossover episodes between them filled me with feelings.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssst! Guys! The mighty morphin power rangers were always utter shit! You're being the young versions of those guys who claim knightrider had some redeeming values. It didn't! You were young! It's fine, noone blames you, get over it!
Chronometry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Pssst! Guys! The mighty morphin power rangers were always utter shit! You're being the young versions of those guys who claim knightrider had some redeeming values. It didn't! You were young! It's fine, noone blames you, get over it!

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH POWER RANGERS IS AWESOME

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well like i mean the rangers are all reasonably interesting and likable characters and i think this is the first big-budget superhero film to have LGBT and autistic superheroes and they more or less faithfully recreate the beats of a typical Power Rangers episode

but that last part is kind of the problem, it turns out when you faithfully recreate the beats of a typical Power Rangers episode you get something that's just as stupid as Power Rangers
Ookamo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:

WRONG. As a child, Bonnie inspired me to science the shit out of things while wearing a jumpsuit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 360, 361, 362  Next
Page 361 of 362

Jump to: