welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watering several plants

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Watering several plants Reply with quote

I am very interested to hear the people of this forum's opinion on how one could water several plants, watering can and water having been acquired in the usual manner.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Watering several plants Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
I am very interested to hear the people of this forum's opinion on how one could water several plants, watering can and water having been acquired in the usual manner.

Jesus, man. You've opened a reet can of worms here. Either your characteristic devil may care controversy stirring, or unabashed clickbaiting, no doubt. MODERATOR, PLEASE!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It used to be fine to talk about watering plants on these pages :-(
Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
It used to be fine to talk about watering plants on these pages Sad

Nowadays, talking about controlling plants and greenery counts as misodyny, and Sinfest is against that.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but is watering plants really _controlling_ them? what if the plant wants to be watered? alternatively, if this is a subjugated plant, do we now have a responsibility to water these plants, having (in our quest for dominance) deprived the plant of its native ability to get water for itself? we talk a lot about freedom, but that is we who have grown up with such freedom. if one has something that was born (or built) to be enslaved, is it really right to just set them free, or do we owe them some sort of compensation, or at least training, to deal with their new-found freedom? or is that still placing them under the control of the mammalocracy, and hiding it under the context of "being nice"?

you should have gotten cactus, michael. not only would you not have to water them, you would be under no misapprehension that they actually loved you.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Watering several plants Reply with quote

Michael wrote:

What kinds of plants? What kinds of lighting and heating conditions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are several plants?
Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
What are several plants?

Konoko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: If it survives, it's a keeper! Reply with quote

I have a few Zamioculcas(es?) and a Schlumbergera (a christmas cactus, as we call it here).

I water them once a week. It's difficult to tell how much water I give them, sorry. I pour water all over the soil for about 3 seconds if that helps anyone. Very Happy They reside above a radiator, so it gets pretty hot during winter. It's not very bright where they are, either.

I'm terrible at keeping my plants alive. If a plant survives my watering schedule and the hot radiator treatment with barely any light during the winter, then it's a keeper.

So, uhh, nevermind. I just wanted to participate.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
What are several plants?

... answered today's winner, WoC, in his Final Jeopardy round!
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very straightforward.
1) Assess the plants. How many? How dry?
2) Write an action plan. Avoid passive verbs. Make them "I" statements. This will help motivate you later when you begin to run out of steam, as it may or almost certainly will happen.
3) Move the watering can that is full of water near to the plants.
4) Lay down a tarp, fill in cracks in walls nearby with caulk.
5) Glance down into the can. Allow the silvery, mirrored surface of the water to fill your conscious senses. Reflect, as the water does, on your place in the world and how your ephemeral life is as a drop of water.
6) Following the action plan, water the plants.
sporko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Face the berry bushes (i am assuming the plants are berry bushes as those are the only things you can plant) you want to water, then press A like 3 times and you can just move right or left to the next berry bush without putting away the Wailmer Pail between waterings.

note: this doesn't work with Sprayduck as it automatically only waters one berry bush at a time

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that fairies are masters when it comes to botanical pursuits, although be wary when seeking their counsel when it comes to poultry preparation.

Last edited by Darqcyde on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was younger I would just ”water the plants" once or twice a day, but now I find that I'm watering the plants more and more often. Sometimes I have to water the plants every few hours, but the worst is when I have to get up in the middle of the night because I feel like I need to water the plants. I hate that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: