welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Sinfest(The forum)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: yeah yeah, that guy with the hobbes avatar Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
whoa look at the Q

it totally like defies all the rules, sticking its little tendril out below the text boundaries. q is a rebel

I'm thewaitersitsondown and I snorted a grape up my nose because of this post.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...again and again, Sam does it.

HOW DOES IT HE DO IT!?

DRUGS!

MsFrisby

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, it was boozeahol. But, really, he's just that funny.
Amon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: yeah yeah, that guy with the hobbes avatar Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Sam wrote:
whoa look at the Q

it totally like defies all the rules, sticking its little tendril out below the text boundaries. q is a rebel

Interesting... pandariffic!

Nothing goes by you, Dro, now does it?
maniac_wolfman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is filled with hate.

I prescribe rainbows and candy.
Desire

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:

Well, since when you smell something, you are actually breathing in minute particles of the stuff, I'd say that I've breathed all of those except melonaid, dinosaurs and asbestos. I found breathing in raspberry preserves particularly nice.

I was wondering if someone would say this (or similar). Very Happy

I don't know what else I would have called it though.
Dro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: yeah yeah, that guy with the hobbes avatar Reply with quote

Amon wrote:
Dro wrote:
Sam wrote:
whoa look at the Q

Interesting... pandariffic!

Nothing goes by you, Dro, now does it?

You big silly lurker. Come play like you did on the old forum. Didn't you see how I used Anon#1 as an example of why we shouldn't have moderators? And now you just sit quietly... no crazed clown pictures or anything. *sigh*
Dro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsFrisby wrote:
Well, since when you smell something, you are actually breathing in minute particles of the stuff, I'd say that I've breathed all of those except melonaid, dinosaurs and asbestos. I found breathing in raspberry preserves particularly nice.

Are you breathing in minute particles of the stuff when you smell? Or just the subset of what it is that is particularly volatile?
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maniac_wolfman wrote:
This thread is filled with hate.

I prescribe rainbows and candy.
...to which orifice?
Zanthina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good one.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread is an abysmal tragedy kept afloat by the good graces of guccipiggy.

Also the smellsquad is some good times. But seriously, what complete fucking wank.
Dr. Awkward

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit to being disappointed at the large number of those who found this unfunny. To the few who did find this funny: kudos.

A good deal of you got offended for no reason. I called no one names, directed my nonsense towards no particular person, and yet some of you took such offense as to try to directly offend me by calling me names. If being a dick is undesirable behavior on this forum, why bother even acknowledging this thread? Attention is a form of reward as all of you are aware, so why give it?

This whole thread I've been playing Devil's Advocate and I'll admit to regretting that some. I've been demonstrating all the behavior that bothers me on this forum, and I wanted to get a gauge of how many others it bothers. Politeness gets ignored often on this forum, so blunt and straightforward was the approach I took. The response was what I expected, which is a little sad, to be honest.

A great deal of you see this behavior as undesirable, and yet you do very little to discourage it, or may even demonstrate it in another situation. Hipocrisy bothers me, and always will, and I'm sure a few of you will call me a hipocrite for my actions here, and you're entitled to your opinions, but I don't see it that way. I acted this way to make a point; I feel that I've done this. Some of you see me as condescending and there's no real defense to that, so I won't try.

I have to admit to missing the Thread Pirate days of yore, when if a lame thread was spotted, the Thread Pirates would come in and change the subject. That was fun. Of course, that probably only worked because people actually liked each other back then. Sure, there were some exceptions that easily spring to mind, but that's always the case. I'm just upset that Sinfest(the Forum) started taking itself so seriously as to actually try to enforce arbitrary rules. I mean, we were fucking rowdy in the past. We were rude to each other, and we didn't care because we had these emotional calluses that were so thick it was like "Dude, you've got a sword in you." "Oh don't worry, it's only in my callus." Now it's like one tiny little insult sends a lot of you into a whine fest. The best person here in that regard is Feit.

God Damn it! Now look what you made me do! I complimented the one guy here that you don't compliment! Does that give you any indication as to how fucked things have gotten? I mean, it's Feiticeira: the forum dickhead, and I just complimented him. I need a shower. I feel... wrong after that.
sporko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is severe irony in Dr. Awkward saying that the forum takes things too seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERHAPS PEOPLE ARE HAVING TROUBLE LAUGHING AT YOUR COMEDY BECAUSE OF THE DISTINCT LACK OF COMEDY IN YOUR COMEDY

or perhaps because in all your trying to get giggles for fucken whatev reason you're, as many people have mentioned, coming across as a smug, smarmy arsehead.

OR PERHAPS IT'S BECAUSE YOU'VE MADE A 'OH I REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE ALL LOVED EACH OTHER AND NO ONE WAS SAD' CALL

-1, 000 COOL POINTS, TURD PERVE
Dr. Awkward

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a big difference between taking something seriously, and putting thought into it.

Even if you were right, what then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: