welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Web Strip "Experience"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:

Nextly, there is no "us". There is you, Snorri, posting anonymously to this forum while you wait for your toddlerkon torrents to finish uploading.

Whut?

Did you miss all those posts by everyone except leary (who doesn't know any better) that made fun of you? There has been one serious response in here and you managed to turn every poster into a flamer because of what you said to it. Even Darcyde, who generally is nice to the point of scary, flamed you. Noone likes you here. Most of them ignore you, a few enjoy baiting you, but they're all united in that they consider your comic a worthless piece of junk and you a retard who wouldn't get a hint if it hit him violently in the throat.

Your terrible whines about how we flame you for no reason are exactly the reason we flame you, along with having a shitty webcomic and a horrible habit to promote it every thread you're in.

Quote:

Why does everyone here think they are Cesar Chavez, all leading some great movement to reclaim this thread for the fruitpickers?

So basically, you accuse everyone to be alone in their flaming when everyone flames you...

Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
BTW, what was up with your posting that strip of mine? You seemed to have a point to make, but whatever it was went over my head and hit your girlfriend in the bellybutton.

It was just so horribly bad. It was absent of wit, humour, vaguely interresting characters amd style. It would be just one of those one-in-a-dozen-comics I usually ignore on the interwebs, but when it was promoted with no sense of humility, humor or originality I had no way of ignoring it. Particularly when all you do over here is push it to us.

Death Ray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Death Ray wrote:

Nextly, there is no "us". There is you, Snorri, posting anonymously to this forum while you wait for your toddlerkon torrents to finish uploading.

Whut?

Did you miss all those posts by everyone except leary (who doesn't know any better) that made fun of you? There has been one serious response in here and you managed to turn every poster into a flamer because of what you said to it. Even Darcyde, who generally is nice to the point of scary, flamed you. Noone likes you here.

SNORT! Do you actually think you share some sort of solidarity with everyone else here because you decided to add your two cents to the piggy bank? Get this straight: you're a jagoff who likes to throw around tough guy words when you know there will be absolutely no consequences for it. You happen to be in the same thread with a bunch of like-minded thimble dicks who are only interested in seeing how creative my retort will be and if they can top it. That's your "community". And Darqsyde is just an emo pisspot who is getting his share of the action. He couldn't wait to start the cuss-fest, so quit painting him as a Care Bear.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:

It was just so horribly bad. It was absent of wit, humour, vaguely interresting characters amd style. It would be just one of those one-in-a-dozen-comics I usually ignore on the interwebs, but when it was promoted with no sense of humility, humor or originality I had no way of ignoring it. Particularly when all you do over here is push it to us.

Oh Christ, your attempt to squeeze in every possible critique that would make a pansy like you cry if someone said it to you about your strip has got me pissing myself! MORE!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that's enough.

Death Ray, people are legitimately pissed off because you're using this forum pretty much solely to promote your webcomic. When everyone is taking issue with you then it's generally worth considering that the problem might not be with them. Either this forum is full of assholes persecuting poor little you for no good reason or you're genuinely being a dick. Consider which is more statistically likely.

Incidentally your comic really does look like a piece of shit, I'm not even gonna touch the whole "I like to draw lesbians having phallic objects rammed down their throats" thing, suffice to say at a glance it seems witless, charmless and artless, you're going for the cheapest most obvious "jokes" and cultural references and even then you're over-reaching. I don't expect you to agree with my assessment but it's really irrelevant since even if your comic were good advertising it under a paper-thin pretext of discussion on another artist's bandwidth would still be a shitty thing to do.

I suggest you decide if you want to actually use this here discussion forum for discussion rather than free promotion, and if not, fuck off. I imagine you'll point out I can't make you leave and you can continue this sad show as long as you wish, but if you continue to piss people off I guarantee you'll be gone quick enough, it takes a certain kind of pathetic stamina to stick around knowing everyone thinks you're a bit of a prick. If you continue to shamelessly hawk your wares I imagine the dude who writes the comic will kick you off eventually, spammers seem to be the one area where he actually moderates the forum.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And since no on else seems to have picked up on it I just wanted to say this is pretty much perfect:

reasonablymad wrote:
full of confidence, humor, intelligence, not afraid to show emotion/meet parents, hard abs, long walks on the beach, brings me flowers, is a good kisser, works hard but knows how to have fun, doesn't take itself too seriously, into cuddling, has a totally smoking hot body that I'll never get enough of ever ever, green eyes, loves kids, is handy with tools, never drinks more than me, good taste in music, clean, doesn't snore, won't mind if I snore, remembers our anniversary/my birthday, volunteers community time, loves animals, appreciates me for who I am, is socially gracious/tactful, can fly a plane in an emergency, drives a stick, gives great head, is spontaneous and adventurous, always honest, into kinky roll-playing, will do the dishes/laundry without being reminded, can cook good italian, has friends that I actually find interesting and fun, initiates communication, whispers sweet nothings in my ear, surprises me with romantic evenings out, makes decent money, isn't stingy, good taste in clothes, helps little old ladies across the street, no skeletons in the closet, was a virgin when we met, loves its mother (but not too much), nice teeth, puts the toilet seat down, keeps the lawn looking good, is generous, willing to talk to a psychiatrist if asked, won't deliberately push my buttons or break down my defenses, knows when to keep quiet/leave me alone, doesn't smack lips/clack fork on teeth when eating, remembers where I put my keys, always has candy in its pockets, likes the same movies as me, never yells, will fight for my honor, will buy me a horse, laughs at all my jokes, tells me I'm beautiful, bakes me cookies, knows jujitsu, always falls asleep before I do, never hogs the blankets, open to threesomes, plays the piano beautifully, hands me the paper and a bourbon when I come in the door, rubs my feet, never corrects me in front of others, is generous/charitable, doesn't stomp when walking, sonorous voice, likes indian buffets, always has coffee ready for me when I wake up, never says no to me, a winning smile, buys me a kitten for no reason, doesn't get hyper, laughs a lot, doesn't have an annoying laugh/cackle, is creative in the bedroom but doesn't push me to do things I am not comfortable with, knows what I am thinking before I say it, slinks around the house sexily, wears sweat pants and tank tops with no underwear on while doing housework, balances the checkbook/pays all bills, remembers to send thank you cards for me, covers for all my mistakes, likes to camp and fish and get dirty in nature, won't do any drug I don't do, flatters me to a reasonable/believable extent, tells everyone we know how awesome I am, is obviously awesome and doesn't need to be told, has pleasing handwriting, used to be/still has the body of a ballet dancer, always knows the number of a good doctor/lawyer, knows how to use a gun, builds us a tree house in the backyard, knows the names of all 50 state capitals, keeps up on current events, always makes the bed in the morning, buys me fresh socks before I even know I need them, kills all spiders before I see them, makes a mean mojito, always smells nice, and recycles.

Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*schluurp schlurp schlurp schlurp schlurp*
Keign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... wait, another one?

No, no, I've seen this. Nevermind, carry on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Death Ray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
Okay, that's enough.

Death Ray, people are legitimately pissed off because you're using this forum pretty much solely to promote your webcomic. When everyone is taking issue with you then it's generally worth considering that the problem might not be with them. Either this forum is full of assholes persecuting poor little you for no good reason or you're genuinely being a dick. Consider which is more statistically likely.

Incidentally your comic really does look like a piece of shit, I'm not even gonna touch the whole "I like to draw lesbians having phallic objects rammed down their throats" thing, suffice to say at a glance it seems witless, charmless and artless, you're going for the cheapest most obvious "jokes" and cultural references and even then you're over-reaching. I don't expect you to agree with my assessment but it's really irrelevant since even if your comic were good advertising it under a paper-thin pretext of discussion on another artist's bandwidth would still be a shitty thing to do.

I suggest you decide if you want to actually use this here discussion forum for discussion rather than free promotion, and if not, fuck off. I imagine you'll point out I can't make you leave and you can continue this sad show as long as you wish, but if you continue to piss people off I guarantee you'll be gone quick enough, it takes a certain kind of pathetic stamina to stick around knowing everyone thinks you're a bit of a prick. If you continue to shamelessly hawk your wares I imagine the dude who writes the comic will kick you off eventually, spammers seem to be the one area where he actually moderates the forum.

(derisive snort). O rilly? "That's enough?" Who invited you to the party?

Thank you TDD. My night wouldn't be complete if you hadn't come in and repeated everything that has already been said about my Q score while avoiding the thread's topic.

Oh, and as for your critique (zzz) of my strip: fuck face, I know you haven't read it. At least give me some credit for being able to spot the laziness behind calling someone's art "artless" and their wit "witless".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it. Not all of it. A few, including the one you linked as your favourite. I think your art style is ok for a webcomic, but like people have said, the humour is limited. Where it's not obvious, it's obtuse and reaching. Other artists who have a good style tend to team up with a talented writer, who can do justice to what they draw. That's what I'd suggest.

As for your continued shoutiness on the forum, at least it's keeping everyone occupied. Although I can see everyone getting bored already. No staying power! No staying power!
Ironically, Halen's one of the few people here I wouldn't worry about terrifying my friends and family. In my head he ends every real life conversation stroking his chin and saying, "well yes, that sounds reasonable."
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
Oh, it is painfully obvious that a quantity of you have nothing better to do but sit by your computers waiting for my name to appear in a post so you can have a text duel with me to substitute for your own inability to advance your lives through some creative outlet that actually matters.

You should give up the web artistry thing and go into psychology. When I got up this morning, while eating my muffin and drinking my coffee before I head into work at the hospital, I thought "I feel my vagina tearing up, Jason Yungbluth must have posted."

Quote:
(By the way, I am by no means lumping evvvverybody on this forum into that category, only the mongoloids like myself, Snorri and others who seem to enjoy this futility. If you are a lurker who feels like you have to jump in at this point and and your vagina tears to this discourse, please don't bother, or else do, but know that you too are a troll and a faggot).

Oh... so you're sexist, homophobic and ignorant. That's unfortunate. Simply not being funny is forgivable, at least.
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This close. Thiiiiiis close I was to posting tubgirl in here. (Which is, by the way, far less shocking than I remember)
Azmoten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally relevant video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Major Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

key word is 'needlessly'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 5 of 30

Jump to: