welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sinfest knitting club!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snorri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday meddler?

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaa the Medller Meddled with!
hoisted with his own petard hoho!
how does it feel mr medller boy! haha!
An unusual birthday present for the Meddling Man!

All my life all I really wanted was to be the batman voice over guy
jwing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many happy returns of the day, Mr Meddler. birthday kittens are on their way.

i have the koolaid and the yarn and should have the time. i think, though, i will wait until i finish at least one of the IceQueens i'm knitting currently. (will take pix and post soon, promise)
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, thanks for all of the birthday wishes. I'm amazed.

Micheal: Same bat time, same bat channel!

zeezee: Hah, didn't expect that.

Mouse: You can find mason jars at Wal-mart. The ones I'm using are the quart sized, which is very good for the job. Of course, I've seen people use pots [one dye per pot], but that is too messy for me, I think.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikkat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, well, I know this is the knitting club, but I have no idea where the sewing club is, and I just made my very first bag out of fabrikk, and I'm very very proud, and so here it is.
jwing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice, Vikkat! more info, please! what kind of fabric, did you do the beading yourself, are there pockets inside, is it lined, would you make another one or is the pattern a oncer?

*sigh* i'll be right back. i'll go take pictures of my current projects...
jwing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, of the three current projects, only one is photo-worthy.

one is a sock for wing2. it's a blue anklet, with bamboo yarn. i just turned the heel and am working on the gusset. nothing really exciting. this is my 'kip' project and stays in my purse. i'm knitting one sock for wing2 this month. next month, wing1 gets one sock. in March, wing2'll get her second sock. yeah, i'm weird.

two is a pair of legwarmers for my neice. the pair i bought her doesn't fit. not enough is done to make it interesting.

three is a tank top from a kit i bought at the Sew Expo five years ago.

when i bought it, i was overwhelmed by the requirements. you start off with lace? 131 stitches? SIZE 3 NEEDLES?? i shuddered and put it away. now, as i'm knitting it, i'm wondering what the big deal is. *grin* i've come a long way in five years.

there's a fourth project but that doesn't get started until i finish the leg warmers for my neice. i have some pretty laceweight yarn that i want to make a shawl out of, theoretically in time for my cousin's wedding in California in the beginning of April. we'll see.
vikkat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I bought the fabric without thinking too much about it, and it looks like it's covered in cotton wool and will probably soon be very fluffy. the beading is all mine, I lined the whole inside with my old brown linen trousers which don't fit anymore, there is a pocket - and since it was made with the very last bit of the trousers, it has this belt thingy, that I plan to use to hang my pen upon. I did make a pattern (just so it's easier to cut out), but I plan to make improvements when I make another bag for my mother (in cherry colour, wooo), because frankly, it's a little too wide. and thanks!
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing, that is beautiful. Very nice.

My latest projects involve socks. Yes socks. I got over my fear of them during Hurricane Dolly and I don't see what the fuss is over them now. Yah. Very Happy

I'm also making a beanie hat for a friend of mine who asked very very nicely to make one for him. It's wooly and mosaic and downright neat in my opinion. Pics coming soon.

Mom wants me to make a shawl out of ribbon yarn. *shudders* Right now, we're just waiting for the yarn to come in.

And I have this 50g [74m/81yds] ball of wool/alpaca blend that I can't think of anything useful right now. Sad If I had another one, I could make Evangeline gloves for my sister. She loves the yarn and the pattern, so...

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a great-looking bag, vikkat! i really love beading; i wish i had the patience (to say nothing of the skill) to do it.

and that tank-top is going to be great, jwing. it is interesting, the progress you can make in knitting - i seem to recall, when i did it years ago, that it was one of those things that you could easily learn all there was to know, and then it would just be boring. i can't believe how much i've learned in the last couple of years, how much i have yet to try, and how many non-boring things i can think to do with it it.

i am devoting myself to finishing a pair of tights i started....um, a year ago last september? i put them aside to do a sweater for my brother, and then i did a couple sweaters for me, and then it was to hot to think about tights, and then there was another christmas...but now i am going great guns on them, with any luck i might even finish them this month. just joined the legs and started the panty-part this weekend. when that gets far enough along to make sense to look at, i will try to remember to take a picture.

that will only leave me with...5...6? wips......that i remember.
Lemontree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by all of you wonderful ladies.. I've been telling myself since January that I want to learn how to knit in 2009. I think I've finally found something to get me off my butt and go buy some needles:

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00686/SKM49_2__proj_sackb_686954a.pdf

Ok.. it'll prob. be ridiculously hard for a newbie and it'll probably look like garbage.. but it can only get better with practice! Very Happy
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the main thing is, it has a lot of increases. there are several ways of doing those, so you might want to practice on a test swatch first, to decide which you like, and get the hang of them. other than that, it looks pretty straightforward - so go for it! (and ask if you have any questions). (and yay for being inspired to learn to knit!)
vikkat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dear fellow knitters. I'm looking for a pattern for a DNA scarf, but the only one I found (here) is a bit too difficult for me. so, if you came across some other pattern, or maybe found a great tutorial on how to deal with all those weird stitches they used, I'll be very happy. I can hardly read pattern-language in Polish, not to mention English... Sad boohoo.

edit: oh, and it's for a guy, so all those frilly pseudo-DNA scarfs are no help...
jwing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, on Ravelry, i found a free pattern for a scarf that uses shadowknitting, which is something i've been interested in but haven't been able to wrap my head around. it's a download, so i could send you the file. the pictures look really cool.

here is a link to a pattern for a chromosome hat, which i might have to make because it's sooo geeky and sciency and faboo.

looking at the pattern you linked to.. what stitch are you having trouble with? the written directions can be confusing, but i found that i could understand the charted directions, especially with the helpful legend at the bottom.
Lemontree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combination of cap and scarf would be fantastic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 3 of 47

Jump to: