welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sinfest knitting club!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! Baby looks amazingly epic with that on! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Also, I finished a sleeve.

After doing and redoing the cuff three times (my Liberian indecisiveness acting up), I finally finished it. A much slimmer version from what I did previously, because I fixed the decrease rows from every 8th row to 5th. (Actually, the calculations was to about 4.3 so I just rounded up.) Also, I found that my row gauge tightened up, so I had to do another stripe before getting to the cuff. I might have to redo that, but that will come later, after itís blocked.

Now, I'm doing the other sleeve, because I have nothing else to do. (says the person with three projects on the needles)

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Theia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what qualifies or doesn't qualify as knitting, but... my friend just yarned my earphones so now they look so amazing and awesome and al;skdjf;alskjf;alskdfalsjda.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like an awesome sleeve, Mr. Meddler!

And those headphones look neat! Gives me ideas!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man...it blows my mind how many Sinfesters are so flipping talented. O_O
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ravelry has a pattern for knitted/crocheted earplug covers. I think I'll get those done.

And thanks, Gibson. I'm sure you have something you're talented with. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started this shawl at a convention while I was attending panels.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Greenwick/big-lacy-shawl

I think it'll take me months to complete, and I'm not sure what to do with it. Will probably give as a gift because it'll be too expensive to sell, and it's not something I'd wear.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you working off a pattern? the nice thing about a shawl is you can kinda stop where you want, so if you don't want something floor-length, you don't have to keep going.

but it looks like it is going to be lovely, i'm sure someone will love getting it as a gift.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just going to put this here, so i know where to find it when i have time to make one of these. it uses knitted fabric!
stripeypants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
are you working off a pattern? the nice thing about a shawl is you can kinda stop where you want, so if you don't want something floor-length, you don't have to keep going.

but it looks like it is going to be lovely, i'm sure someone will love getting it as a gift.

Nope, no pattern. I find patterns frustratiing to try and read, and I also just love exploring. I'm aiming for something that will cover the shoulders a bit. I keep thinking one day I might try to make a delicate lacy tablecloth, but the more reasonable part of my brain insists that's a bad idea. Plus I've got oodles of puppets to work on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripey, that looks amazing. Why don't you post that on your Twitter? Unless I missed it. Hm.

Uhm, yes, knitting. Hm. *looks at back entries* It looks like I did not post my pattern!

http://thejoemoose.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/nenuphar/ (blog)
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/nenuphar (Ravelry)

This is the shawl that I made for my sister-in-law, and that everyone adored. Pattern for both formats - one with more lace, the other with solid panels - are there, along with errata on the more lacy motif. Feel free to cast on and to tell me what you think of it.

Also, someone finished it already and it looks awesome.

mouse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
mouse wrote:

Nope, no pattern. I find patterns frustratiing to try and read, and I also just love exploring. I'm aiming for something that will cover the shoulders a bit. I keep thinking one day I might try to make a delicate lacy tablecloth, but the more reasonable part of my brain insists that's a bad idea. Plus I've got oodles of puppets to work on.

well, no pattern gives you even more freedom to stop whenever you like!

i don't know if you done much lace, but one thing to be aware of: 1) lace looks best blocked and 2) blocked lace can "grow" to a sometimes remarkable extent. how much depends on the stitch pattern and yarn, so if it's really critical to have a certain finished size, you might want to make a swatch and block it, to get some before-and-after measurements.

i honestly don't know why i am so hung up on patterns - i think it's because i see so many beautiful one and i just have to make them. by the way, thanks to you, i have now acquired _another_ one...for a shawl with crocodile stitch.

and there's another one i was really tempted by, but surely i can figure that one out by myself
but it looks so warm and fluffy and if i had the pattern i would know how much yarn
but i _so_ don't need any more yarn except i don't have the right size for the one shawl

but i do have a coupon....
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Meddler wrote:
Stripey, that looks amazing. Why don't you post that on your Twitter? Unless I missed it. Hm.

Uhm, yes, knitting. Hm. *looks at back entries* It looks like I did not post my pattern!

http://thejoemoose.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/nenuphar/ (blog)
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/nenuphar (Ravelry)

This is the shawl that I made for my sister-in-law, and that everyone adored. Pattern for both formats - one with more lace, the other with solid panels - are there, along with errata on the more lacy motif. Feel free to cast on and to tell me what you think of it.

Also, someone finished it already and it looks awesome.

it really is lovely. i guess i should own up that when you first posted that stitch pattern i was inspired to do my own version - it's here, if anyone wants to see it (she says, totally not in any desire to get any compliments on it, honest)(although i was really happy to learn about that stitch)
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should post a pattern! It looks beautiful.

mouse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you! now that it has been a while, i might consider doing another and documenting what i did more carefully (some of the finishing was rather .... improvisational). if i can find my notes from the first one....
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I have posted that shawl on Twitter. Maybe I'll do it when I add an updated picture. It is a bit bigger now, and I bet I'll finish it sometime in the summer.

I'm going to try making these baby booties - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crocodile-stitch-baby-booties
The pattern seems pretty straightforward, so I think I can manage it. I just have to size all my crochet hooks to see if I own a 4 mm one, because every pattern I'm finding for booties calls for that size. I have 3.5, but I think that's probably not a good idea.

The only baby yarn I've got is chunky, but I'm not finding any patterns outside of worsted weight. I did get ahold of a bunch of yarn someone labeled as baby yarn, but the original packaging doesn't say it is. I'm confused about that, so I'll have to do more searching to find out what exactly makes baby yarn baby yarn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

Jump to: