welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snakes On A Motherfuckin' Awesome Movie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
strangemusic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Snakes On A Motherfuckin' Awesome Movie Reply with quote

(high levels of potential spoilification!)

Well, I just got back from seeing SOAP, and man was that cool! It was indeed gorier than I expected, but a whole movie's worth of watching snakes pounce on terrified people and glancing at your friends every couple minutes to bet/anticipate as to when they're going to do so, is worth my nine dollars. Often, you KNOW what's going to happen, and it gives you a lot of time to squirm and wait, which is great. Also, the guy who plays the pilot (the sports dude from Anchorman)... hilarious!

There's a lot of buildup... I kept wanting to skip forward a bit and watch Samuel L Jackson being a badass, which is indeed the core of this movie, is it not?

As for the award for Most Jaw-Dropping Moment? It's all about the big huge "let me give you a hug" python.

Check this thing out!
Azmoten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love
This
Movie...

KICKASS

P.S. Where do you live, man? I just got home from it too, hell we mightve been in the same theatre Shocked

Small world.
strangemusic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vancouver, BC, at Park and Tilford?

I was there with a squadron of amigos/amigas, as we're all jetting off to Uni soon.
Spanky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gathering an assload of friends to see it tomorrow night. It should be crowded and apparently it's a riot with loads of people. Audience participation in movie theatres can make the worst movie classic. It will of course enhance the already cult status of snakes on a plane. A friend of mine claimed that it will be the rocky horror of this generation.
Now I'm afraid it's too hyped up. I may be disappointed. Ah well, it's Samuel L. Jackson on a plane battling snakes. Can't be bad.
Azmoten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strangemusic wrote:
Vancouver, BC, at Park and Tilford?

I was there with a squadron of amigos/amigas, as we're all jetting off to Uni soon.

Not even close. Oh well, coincidence of movie times I guess.

I'm in St. Louis.
Ender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really spoilers, but if you havent seen the movie yet you should not read.
Highlight to see

This movie was awesome. When the snake was in the toilet, every guy in the entire theater started moaning because we all knew what was coming. Two points of contention: 1) I really wanted the male flight attendant to die Sad 2) how did the giant ass boa constricter fit in with all the other snakes? its not poisonous and something that large wouldnt have fit in the container with all the others
strangemusic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in response to #1, i thought he WAS dead for the longest time!

as for #2, do you really think that's the BIGGEST plausibility issue at stake here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: