welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I give up (Scores die in Israeli air strikes)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eiden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep wanting to say that Gally has to be an act.
Bart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
I keep wanting to say that Gally has to be an act.

Then you haven't been on the internet enough. He's bad, but still a long shot from the worst I've seen.
Eiden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that there is worse. I know that people like gally exist. It's just rare that I watch someone cling so reliably to failed logic. It is like he has a drawer full of tiger-repelling rocks and he does not want to admit he's been had.
Him

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan wrote:
And so long as the Palestinians are willing to act violently in response, they will forfeit any moral high ground.

The Palestinains certainly have a right to defend themself, but this does not extend to shooting rockets that occasionally kill israeli civilians.
gally912

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it so hard to grasp a concept that logic often doesnt apply to things like people wanting to kill other people. Easy to judge others without experience, I suppose.

@Him
Your last statement is totally correct.

@Eiden
No act here. Also, you need to get out more if I'm one of the few people you know of who fail to pass your logic test. Ask anyone why they love somebody, hate something, or believe in god. Also, be more original. The tiger rocks have been used much more creatively and in more appropriate situations. Incidentally, tiger rocks have little to do with ethics.

@Yorick
You know, there are people (a certain kind of liberal) who believe its okay to *abort* a baby after it has been born. And somehow, it does not qualify as murder. That one's a mind bender.

@Mr. Mustache
Its okay little misguided man. Your internet insults are as inconsequential my theoretical abortion is to you.

@Dogen
Dont be so selectively blind to the situation. We all know our government is pro-israel. As is also the case for the majority of conservative america. (tho probably more because they're white and like us than any real knowledge of the goings on.)
Regardless, I'd say most, if not all of the people in america who are against israel are in fact liberals, and get their information from liberal media sources.
Take a look at his statement of israel "Provoke your "enemies" by denying them water, food, medicines, a means to make a living, room to live, a means to get out of poverty. Then when they strike out in desperation call them terrorists and kill them indiscriminately"
Certainly no conservative news source would report that situation in that way, and I'd doubt any neutral one would either. Why? Because it really isnt what happened. But a little poking around will find a number of liberal news articles and blogs making it sound like just that.

Also, liberals are just as guilty of intolerance and finger-pointing as conservatives. You may be brainwashed, but I must be a bible beating, gay-hating, ignorant redneck. Please.

PM me your phone number if you want to talk in person. I got some time.

@Sam
Take the edge off war was certainly not the point. A war of survival, which this is will end in either the destruction of one of the two parties, or the two parties coming together for peace through mutual benefit or casualty exhaustion. Morality is an issue weighed on a case by case issue. Hiroshima and Nagasaki vs the Armenian Genocide? Both inflicted a high number of civilian casualties, but again, circumstances and intent both need apply to determine the ethics of the situation.
I'll let the insult go as a slide of indignation, for I would be disappointed; I hold you to a higher standard then say, Mr.Mustache
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gally912 wrote:
@Sam
Take the edge off war was certainly not the point. A war of survival, which this is will end in either the destruction of one of the two parties, or the two parties coming together for peace through mutual benefit or casualty exhaustion. Morality is an issue weighed on a case by case issue. Hiroshima and Nagasaki vs the Armenian Genocide? Both inflicted a high number of civilian casualties, but again, circumstances and intent both need apply to determine the ethics of the situation.
I'll let the insult go as a slide of indignation, for I would be disappointed; I hold you to a higher standard then say, Mr.Mustache

@gally

You are a lost little child in a land of morality whose depths you are ill-suited to understand, yet you posture. I'll let your ignorance go as a slide of personal moral immaturity; I hold you to a more lenient standard than, say, Mr. Mustache.
gally912

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:

@gally

You are a lost little child in a land of morality whose depths you are ill-suited to understand, yet you posture. I'll let your ignorance go as a slide of personal moral immaturity; I hold you to a more lenient standard than, say, Mr. Mustache.

Edit: @ Sam the Eagle

But regardless, not sure I understand the concept of moral immaturity. Define "mature ethics".
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gally912 wrote:
But regardless, not sure I understand the concept of moral immaturity.

We know.
Eiden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gally912 wrote:
But regardless, not sure I understand the concept of moral immaturity.

No shit.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.
gally912

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you dont understand what it means either. Haha. Spouting off words to demean someones ethics but unable to explain what you are saying. Enough pseudo-intellectual bullshit, give me a "mature moral" statement.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So you dont understand what it means either. Haha.

I too like to assert deficiency whether or not there is evidence of such. Don't work if the opposition is keen to it, but it just feels good, you know?

Quote:
Enough pseudo-intellectual bullshit, give me a "mature moral" statement.

My response was two words and you reflexively labeled it as pseudo-intellectual bullshit. My cup runneth over.

btw, my definition of mature morality necessarily includes that one's personal morality is not dictated by a pathological adherence to specious reasoning and other fallacy.

I do not use the word 'dictated' lightly. You continue to waltz into frequent opportunities to use Lisa's Tiger Repelling Rock comments, and I honestly think it is because you do not know any better. Your morality is immature because it is illogical, because it lacks soundness and cogency. If you knew better, that would be worse, since it would simply mean that you were dedicated to dishonesty to preserve your individual ideology. So, in a way, I'm giving you credit. You honestly don't know any better. It is also why, incidentally, I do not expect much in the way of growth or improvement. You will continue to be the same Gally. You will continue to entertain inadvertently.
Him

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And remember, this guy is in the army.
gally912

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:

My response was two words and you reflexively labeled it as pseudo-intellectual bullshit. My cup runneth over.

Well, thing is, you had two posts to tell me, and ya didnt. So thats where the mind goes, naturally.

Quote:

btw, my definition of mature morality necessarily includes that one's personal morality is not dictated by a pathological adherence to specious reasoning and other fallacy.

So, to have mature morals, those morals must be "logical". I think that necessarily suggests that very few people under that definition have mature morals, as a lot of decisions most people make on ethics are either instinctual, emotional, or based on an abstract principle.
Thats a pretty elitist way to think.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wait, if I think your morality is immature because it is dictated by a pathological adherence to openly fallacious reasoning, it's elitist.

sooooooo uh people who demand that a moral code be, at minimum, falsifiable, are elitist.

wow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: