welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE SPORT THREAD, FOR SPORTS AND REX KWAN DOE ENTHUSIASTS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Van Basten says he just picks whoever's playing best at the moment. So if you're sitting on the bench you won't get in at all... something like that

But the club season hasn't even started yet ... his argument isn't valid in August ffs. And no Van Bommell, too? You Dutch are crazy!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nononono it makes sense! really!

van Basten says so
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
nononono it makes sense! really!

van Basten says so

Well ... in that case, it must be true. Because, of course, Van Basten knows a lot about sport, as he's been playing golf for the last ten years.

I just can't see it with this Dutch team, really. Probably the first Dutch team I've not liked since, well, for ever. Bring back Piet Kiezer, that's what I say.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it van Persie? I'll bet it's van Persie, god I can't even look at that guy...

I like this team, for a change. I like the way van Basten easily shoves big names aside if he thinks they won't work well in the system and I like huntelaar and I am REALLY REALLY HAPPY to be rid of people like kluivert and van Nistelrooy but why van Bommel couldn't come nobody understands (inlcuding van der Sar, who complained to the media about it). Just like nobody understood why huntelaar didn't go the World Cup but hey what the hell. I thought we could have gone a lot further this year and that's more than can be said for the previous efforts...
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, Nightclub Patrick had to go, the ignorant fat lump, but Van Nistelrooy will score goals.

And yes, Van Persie ... what a fucking cockwand. Robben is easily the most dislikeable foreign winger playing in England, and we've got Ronaldo playing down the road. Van Der Vaart is like some kind of Michel Platini-Invisible Man cross, and Kuyt is worth fifteen million euros for why? I've never understood the fascination with playing the distinctly average Van Bronkhorst, and must assume that it's some kind of legal obligation that all Dutch coaches (not just Marco, but also Frank). What has Nigel De Jong done wrong? Why must the Dutch midfield try to win every game, and score every goal, as though passing had been made illegal.

Van Der Saar is a great player, as was Cocu. Talent, and fight. The Dutch team at present just seem like a bunch of disagreeable fancy-dans.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kuyt is the living embodyment of Feyenoords playing style IE trying very hard. For a while he was Feyenoord and they're still very unhappy to see him go, so that might up the transfer price... He's also (from what I've seen, which is limited mostly to dutch football) the direct opposite of van Nistelrooy, he actually runs over and gets the ball rather than waiting in or assuming a favourable position. This might also be why he's still in Marco's squad, Marco likes the whole midfield thing and Kuyt just fits in there way better. This makes huntelaars earlier absense a whole lot weirder though, mmm huntelaar. He can do both you know, the point and click thing like the italians and the walking a few paces first too... He's our Rooney, our Pele, our Jesus and our Cruiff. Only without the charisma. Or the character. Or the injuries. Meh

I am trying very hard to come up with some names to prove that previous teams had a much higher score in the fancy-dans department but all I can come up with (apart from Kluivert) are Seedorf and Davis and I LOVES those guys...

Rest assured though, that nobody over here shares my opinion either Wink
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ...

Wellwellwell.

Sport should be back on the front page. And here it is.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: and now I am hungover Reply with quote

West Coast Eagles Premiers 2006

an absolute screamer of a grand final yesterday. My team won by a point.

Linky

It's been a big year for the Eagles what with their captain being disgraced for doing a runner from the cops, another player had a car accident while drunk but it didn't stop them.

The final quarter was tit for tat with the Eagles staying on top by 1 point. Last year they lost to Sydney by 4 points so it so much sweeter this year by far. Woot Woot!!!
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: and now I am hungover Reply with quote

Well done West Coast. Far nicer young men than the bogans down at Footscray.
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cricket robot can perfectly mimic a bowler.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/06/latest-cricket-bowling-machine-masters-spin-and-swing-but-not-s/

i want to see video of the the "ball of the century" mentioned in the article.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read your post's lead-in to the wife, tony, and she says

"you mean, like a pitching machine? we've been using them for years, 'bout time they caught up."
rm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go mets!
rm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight off the wire:

PITTSBURGH 2:59 PM

Last night, under extreme pressure from the back of the bar, defending champ Scott Morris pounded through three games of bar rule eight ball, leaving the opening round of opponants in turn three, five and six balls on the table.

Between sets Mr. Morris said, "I'm feeling really strong tonight. I have the perfect buzz on and, well... when John set his glass down on the table it just gave me more reason to kick his ass. Dude, they, like, just changed the felt."

After demanding that I buy him a beer for the quote, Scott opened the next game with a three and six off the break, quickly following up with a lovely side bank and a perfect leave for the nine, which he missed with much cursing.

It was just one of a few rare faults Morris made that evening, and it seemed no one was willing or able to take full advantage of them.

"I gave them opportunities, I know. I missed some cake shots, shots I set up for myself. My english was spot on, my cuts unbelievable, but I wasn't sharp with the long rails. Luckily no one made me pay for it. I feel good and now I'm going to get smashed."

Josh H. commented, "Scott's been up there drinking for forty minutes now. I saw him with some girl, briefly. I think I could take him down right about now. But these jerks want to play doubles. I hate that shit."
Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best night was when the guy i already decided was an ass gave me a tight rack and i decided "what the hell, use the 8ball break" and sank the 8...

...he said "huh-huh, do that again." so i did.
rm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost got two eight ball breaks in a row once. that makes me significantly less cool than you right now and I'm going to have to make it up with alcohol. thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: