welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pedophiles say they Liberate Children
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the robotic sex slave thing, the problem is with the pedophiles. I don't think there is any biological programming since most pedophiles were abused as kids too. I'll change my mind if there is any hard evidence but everything I have heard in psychology is that they have issues and that is why they are attracted to children.

Though I make the distinction between pre and post pubescent kids. Post is understandable but should be avoided because of the immaturity of the person involved. Pre is not acceptable in any form.

edit: Therefore, the images that have been photoshopped don't bother me since there were breasts involved (I am assuming they were made to have the women look young, not 8 ). The website might also be okay since the women can't look 8. Ya know, I used to say 10 or 11. Damn hormones in our food...

Marik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: his teeth are like a mangled bandsaw .. OF LOVE Reply with quote

Apropos of nothing, I found that picture of the spokesperson for the dutch pedophile party.

ALL WE WANT IS TO BE ACCEPTED, AND FUCK YOUR KIDS
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't we made fun of his teeth already? Hell, the guy was on the Colbert Report.
lily

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i understand it, we really don't know what causes pedophilia; there's some evidence to point to it running in families, but this could be either learned behavior or genetic.
Mizike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.minddisorders.com/Ob-Ps/Pedophilia.html

Quote:

Causes

A variety of different theories exist as to the causes of pedophilia. A few researchers attribute pedophilia along with the other paraphilias to biology. They hold that testosterone, one of the male sex hormones, predisposes men to develop deviant sexual behaviors. As far as genetic factors are concerned, as of 2002 no researchers have claimed to have discovered or mapped a gene for pedophilia.

Most experts regard pedophilia as resulting from psychosocial factors rather than biological characteristics. Some think that pedophilia is the result of having been sexually abused as a child. Still others think that it derives from the person's interactions with parents during their early years of life. Some researchers attribute pedophilia to arrested emotional development; that is, the pedophile is attracted to children because he or she has never matured psychologically. Some regard pedophilia as the result of a distorted need to dominate a sexual partner. Since children are smaller and usually weaker than adults, they may be regarded as nonthreatening potential partners. This drive for domination is sometimes thought to explain why most pedophiles are males.

Quote:

Prognosis

The prognosis of successfully ending pedophilic habits among persons who practice pedophilia is not favorable. Pedophiles have a high rate of recidivism; that is, they tend to repeat their acts often over time.

The rate of prosecution for pedophiles through the criminal justice system has increased in recent years. Pedophiles are at high risk of being beaten or killed by other prison inmates. For this reason, they must often be kept isolated from other members of a prison population. Knowledge of the likelihood of abuse by prison personnel and inmates is not, however, an effective deterrent for most pedophiles.

It's basically what lily said except more detail and resources at the end. Also something to think about, less than 10% of child molestation cases are committed by actual pedophiles (source).
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, not something that can be cured - but maybe something that can be prevented?
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lily wrote:
unfortunately, despite many years of research, it seems the only way to 'cure' pedophilia is to a) teach coping strategies for pedophiles to manage their sexual feelings towards children in a healthy way or b) to remove their sexual desire altogether, through chemical castration or other means.

Hey, it works, doesn't it. There is your prevention.

A little off subject, but something I find relevent to the conversation: This is one of the big reasons I don't want to raise a child. I would hate myself forever if one of these people got to that kid... if not do something dangerous to get back at them.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: lllllladies Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
Maybe the Ez-Pedo crowd would have an easier time pitching their social agenda if it weren't documentable that the activity routinely fucks the minds of the children involved.

If the happy fuzzy examples of 'consensual' adult-child relationships were really such a nice thing to have around, why would even the 'permissive' and 'productive' relationships reliably produce shit like post-trauma, panic disorders, and full-out mental illnesses a la borderline personalities?

Egads, the mind boggles.

These pro-paedo groups claim that the psychological trauma is the result of children responding to the attitude of society. Because the culture they live in and people around them believe it is terrible to be abused, so will the child. The idea is that in a hypothetical world where there was no age of consent, and no surrounding taboo, children would feel no damaging psychological effects.

I have some sympathy for paedophiles, I donít imagine anyone would particularly wish to be attracted to children. But they do have to chose to act on that attraction, and thatís morally indefensible. Not because itís sick, or disgusting, or taboo, but because it infringes upon the rightís of the child. In sex, we have the concept of consent, people have the right to chose who they want to have sex with. If someone does not give, consent, or is not capable of giving informed consent, to have sex with them is rape.

Now hereís the science bit.

There are a number of things that can effect a personís ability to give informed consent, these include date rape drugs, mental retardation, and being eight years old.

Paedophiles argue that children of any age are capable of giving consent, that the only reason people argue otherwise is the social taboo. But age of consent laws are not an aberration, there are lotís of things we say children arenít capable of making informed decisions about, thatís why they arenít prosecuted for crimes, why theyíre not allowed to drive, why they canít get a mortgage. We might argue that children develop at different ages, but clearly, a new born baby can not give informed consent to a sexual relationship. A four year old can not give informed consent. A ten year old can not give consent. They do not have the understanding and judgement required. Itís no less rape than if they were held at gunpoint.
Bart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:

Though I make the distinction between pre and post pubescent kids. Post is understandable but should be avoided because of the immaturity of the person involved. Pre is not acceptable in any form.

I thought that there is a different word for the two, but only pedophile is used in the laws and therefore used for the two.

Marik wrote:
Apropos of nothing, I found that picture of the spokesperson for the dutch pedophile party.

ALL WE WANT IS TO BE ACCEPTED, AND FUCK YOUR KIDS

I think someone had posted this picture before in a thread about that Dutch party.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Sam did.
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: i almost made it 'laying on teh h8' Reply with quote

Quote:
The idea is that in a hypothetical world where there was no age of consent, and no surrounding taboo, children would feel no damaging psychological effects.

I absolutely love this snazzy trick: the 'hypothetical world' scenario.

Wherein one can insinuate that everything works out completely differently and idealistically and correctly according to the way they want the world to be.

It's a brilliant debating advantage, since they can point at well-documented real-world ills and claim up and down that their system totally fixes it or otherwise makes the world A Better Place. Since there's no society that remotely matches their dreamworld (in the case of these guys, Paedotopia) they can use carefully crafted theoretical dreamworlds to claim that the issue with pedophilia isn't that fucking children fucks their heads up, but that it's all society's fault for laying on the h8.

You will see non-paedo variants with Objectivism, Anarcho-capitalism, Communism, Anarcho-Syndicalism, Austrian economics, and those American Christian Law types. Society / government / capitalism / godlessness / statism / other cultural amalgamations make for great scapegoats, since they're so universal. Why not the pedo taboo, too!

Anyway.

I think you totally aced the issue. A ten year old can't consent to a mortgage agreement, or whether or not they are allowed to attend class, or even walk to the corner store unattended to pick up a gallon of milk. We know why. Any group that is insinuating that the selfsame age group can consent to secret sex with adults is cognitively dissonatin' so furiously that it's a miracle that it doesn't rupture their poor heads.
Egregius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Even with the robotic sex slave thing, the problem is with the pedophiles. I don't think there is any biological programming since most pedophiles were abused as kids too. I'll change my mind if there is any hard evidence but everything I have heard in psychology is that they have issues and that is why they are attracted to children.

One other possible reason, not mentioned by Mizike's quote, is that someone is attracted to younger persons because he/she has trouble attracting persons of their own age category. The basic idea: if you fail to find a match in your target category, widen the category. And if the person is around 16-18 years old..
Katrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Egregius wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:

One other possible reason, not mentioned by Mizike's quote, is that someone is attracted to younger persons because he/she has trouble attracting persons of their own age category. The basic idea: if you fail to find a match in your target category, widen the category. And if the person is around 16-18 years old..

I thought it goes more like this...

The basic idea: if you fail to find a match in your target category, kidnap them, rape them and finally kill them. Also possibly develop some sort of fetish for blond hair or hairy feet.
crossbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone has their own fetish, something that does it for them. Only, for these people the thing that does it for them is not able to consent (though I suppose they are trying to argue otherwise). I actually feel bad for them in that I would willingly deny them the thing they find attractive. It's not their fault that they feel that way, but I don't care.

technically, all fetishes are considered mental disorders, officially, in the DSM-IV.

what scares me the most about this article is that it shows how much they're normalizing pedophilia. i mean, one fellow started out knowing that his attraction to his child was wrong, but then changed his mind when he discovered a support group.

a man tried to touch my baby brother once, when we were out in public. passed us on the street at least 3 times (circling around while leering at us, we were sitting on a park bench) then stepped up close and reached out to grab for him. i jerked away and left very fast, but the fact that the guy was stalking a girl with a 1-year-old (at the time) infant is terrifying. the only consolation i have for knowing these people are out there is that i know what happens to pedophiles in prison. they find a couple every now and then with their pants around their ankles. oh yeah, and they're dead, too.
Ol' Green Eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Republican running for Senator in Vt against Bernie Sanders has indeed tried to insinuate that Bernie himself is a pedophile, or a sympathizer thereof.

But then again, he's a moron who wants to eat my soul.

Basically, Bernie is running unopposed and some guy on the sidelines is just dumping his bank account into the trash bin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: