Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Newbie Waystation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Forum Guidelines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jody



Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 139

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Are you from the future?


No, we'd already been together for 15 years or whatever when we took the plunge. Apparently we just missed George Takei's ceremony, lol. Fun fact: when West Hollywood started performing the ceremonies they ran out of marriage license certificates.

stripeypants wrote:
Yay for long successful commitments!

Very Happy what kind of cartoons do you animate?


These days, Adult Swim, mainly. I worked on Metalocalypse for a long time. Might go back for the final hurrah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalmBlueSea



Joined: 12 Apr 2013
Posts: 118
Location: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jody wrote:
Dro wrote:
Are you from the future?


No, we'd already been together for 15 years or whatever when we took the plunge. Apparently we just missed George Takei's ceremony, lol. Fun fact: when West Hollywood started performing the ceremonies they ran out of marriage license certificates.

stripeypants wrote:
Yay for long successful commitments!

Very Happy what kind of cartoons do you animate?


These days, Adult Swim, mainly. I worked on Metalocalypse for a long time. Might go back for the final hurrah.

Hey, pretty cool. I've only seen the first season and the first half or so the second, but I loved Metalocalypse, so if that was at least partly your work, well done! Now I've got a motive to go watch the rest of it, haha.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onimaru



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 103

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Finally Joined Reply with quote

Long time reader of the comic, only a very recent reader of the Forums and looking to enjoy verbally sparring with a few folks over the many issues that Tatsuya is encouraging us to think about with the direction of his comics.

I have a penchant for bludgeoning Bullshit with Logic with no regard to how or why someone might feel strongly about something if they can't argue it in any manner that shows that it's anything other than their own opinion, so honestly I sadly think I'll not be popular around here.

However I will avoid personal attacks, even if others levy them at me, but if you do hate me for what I say and wish to counter it please do so. But in an informed manner, if you degenerate into vulgar insults with no substance I'll simply ignore you.

That being said, I like to think of myself as friendly and anybody that treats me kindly will receive nothing but the same in return. Please don't take anything I say on a matter personally..... Actually scrap that, much of what I say can and will be taken personally, to think you can argue against someone's beliefs without your words being taken personally is a foolish notion. In that case let me rephrase, I will be arguing points of contention and discussing my opinion against your own, I will be attempting to make you understand WHY I disagree with your stance, not that I think you are worthless for having a different opinion from my own. I hope that the majority of those I speak with will understand that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dro



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3850

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Joined Reply with quote

You say you are friendly. You say you speak with logic and want to avoid personal attacks. And yet in your first message, the first thing I see is you calling us "degenerates".
Onimaru wrote:
you degenerate
Real nice. Yes, hypocrisy is popular here, but usually it doesn't rear its head so soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3152

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Joined Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
Disclaimer: I'm about to be an offensive prick. I'm probably going to do so in the exact same fashion as many of the other new posters who have logged on specifically to complain about the direction of sinfest over the past year or so. I haven't bothered to read through any of the threads discussing the very topics i'm about to be an offensive prick about even though I'm talking about being a long time reader, so do expect me to get huffy and defensive when you aint got time for the bullshit i'm about to peddle while insisting i'm arguing with reason and logic.


FTFY
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onimaru



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 103

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Joined Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
You say you are friendly. You say you speak with logic and want to avoid personal attacks. And yet in your first message, the first thing I see is you calling us "degenerates".
Onimaru wrote:
you degenerate
Real nice. Yes, hypocrisy is popular here, but usually it doesn't rear its head so soon.


I simply meant, as I have seen, that many allow their arguments to reduce themselves to insults without substance. Not that those on this board are Degenerates. My apologies for the confusion. But if you think I am simply lashing at people without evidence I suggest you look at some of the comments in the threads.

And as for your colorful reinterpretation of my opener Monkey, I've read quite a few, and you actually tend to be on the side of reason more often than not, until you lose your temper at those unwilling to listen. I understand that you are leery of anyone as most do come here simply to antagonize and fire hate disguised as opinion. But I look forward to the challenge of changing that opinion in the future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dro



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3850

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally Joined Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
Dro wrote:
You say you are friendly. You say you speak with logic and want to avoid personal attacks. And yet in your first message, the first thing I see is you calling us "degenerates".
Onimaru wrote:
you degenerate
Real nice. Yes, hypocrisy is popular here, but usually it doesn't rear its head so soon.


if you think


Again, reasoned discourse is welcome here. Casual, snide comments wondering "if we think" are not!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Onimaru



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 103

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think I'm settled in, I've been kindly received and been shown that I need to be careful with how I offer my statements while here. I'm looking forward to our time together. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 2786
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do make the first part of any conversation you have here about how people just don't play nice, and oh if they did just play nice, what a world this would be. That will clearly show you know everything about the forums.

Add to that some helpful suggestions to other new members about how to get along in 'forums like these' and you'll be as golden as a bucket of urine.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Banyaniichan



Joined: 04 Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Location: (looks around) Junk World, maybe?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I've been reading the comic off and on for a while.
And now I have an account... thing. Yaaay.
_________________
H I W A S A W A S U S U M U

:L
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
stripeypants



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 2786
Location: Land of the Grumpuses

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Croeso! Welcome!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sporko



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2890

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Joined Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
Long time reader of the comic, only a very recent reader of the Forums and looking to enjoy verbally sparring with a few folks over the many issues that Tatsuya is encouraging us to think about with the direction of his comics.

I have a penchant for bludgeoning Bullshit with Logic with no regard to how or why someone might feel strongly about something if they can't argue it in any manner that shows that it's anything other than their own opinion, so honestly I sadly think I'll not be popular around here.

However I will avoid personal attacks, even if others levy them at me, but if you do hate me for what I say and wish to counter it please do so. But in an informed manner, if you degenerate into vulgar insults with no substance I'll simply ignore you.

That being said, I like to think of myself as friendly and anybody that treats me kindly will receive nothing but the same in return. Please don't take anything I say on a matter personally..... Actually scrap that, much of what I say can and will be taken personally, to think you can argue against someone's beliefs without your words being taken personally is a foolish notion. In that case let me rephrase, I will be arguing points of contention and discussing my opinion against your own, I will be attempting to make you understand WHY I disagree with your stance, not that I think you are worthless for having a different opinion from my own. I hope that the majority of those I speak with will understand that.


anyone remember oroborous?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Finnegan



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 1022
Location: in that cool mountain air, on an appalachian trail

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaguely... I don't remember him sticking around very long after the forum move.
_________________
Formerly Green_Finn

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10431
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Finally Joined Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
Onimaru wrote:
Long time reader of the comic, only a very recent reader of the Forums and looking to enjoy verbally sparring with a few folks over the many issues that Tatsuya is encouraging us to think about with the direction of his comics.

I have a penchant for bludgeoning Bullshit with Logic with no regard to how or why someone might feel strongly about something if they can't argue it in any manner that shows that it's anything other than their own opinion, so honestly I sadly think I'll not be popular around here.

However I will avoid personal attacks, even if others levy them at me, but if you do hate me for what I say and wish to counter it please do so. But in an informed manner, if you degenerate into vulgar insults with no substance I'll simply ignore you.

That being said, I like to think of myself as friendly and anybody that treats me kindly will receive nothing but the same in return. Please don't take anything I say on a matter personally..... Actually scrap that, much of what I say can and will be taken personally, to think you can argue against someone's beliefs without your words being taken personally is a foolish notion. In that case let me rephrase, I will be arguing points of contention and discussing my opinion against your own, I will be attempting to make you understand WHY I disagree with your stance, not that I think you are worthless for having a different opinion from my own. I hope that the majority of those I speak with will understand that.


anyone remember oroborous?

Yeah. I was not a fan. He was not a fan of me. I think it worked out well in the end...

Anyone who has to tell you they're going to bludgeon you with logic as opposed to just doing it... I dunno. Promises, promises.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 16637
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the implicit suggestion that this "arguing with logic" thing is something new and strange that he brings to us.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Forum Guidelines All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 44 of 49

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group