welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petite Onrey Lesbians Beat and Stab Spitting Bootlegger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lily

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that he did not deserve being stabbed, but that doesn't mean i feel particularly sympathetic towards him. there's a difference there -- maybe not for you, but for me.

or, you know, what samsally said.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
I didn't realise sympathy was something you had to qualify for. Hopefully the next time you need help you won't find the people around you similiarly inclined.

So little faith in me. I suppose I can't blame you. Just because I don't really feel sympathy for someone doesn't mean I wouldn't help them if they needed it. Were I to come across someone stabbed in the stomach for being a dickhead, I would help him however I could... at the very least see him into an ambulance.

It is the same with smaller matters. If one of my friends cries to me about her dickhead ex boyfriend and I knew he was an ass before she dated him, I won't deny her comfort because I thought her decision to date him was a poor one.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thatís not quite what I meant. Were you in a bad situation you didnít deserve, wouldnít you hope the people around you would be sympathetic to your plight? Sometimes itís a hard thing to do but understanding someone elseís pain can be the best thing you can do for them.

*shrug*

I canít make you feel sympathy for someone, and Iím probably being hypocritical as there are people Iíve found it hard to sympathise with, but I think you kinda have to try.
Katrin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, do not bring up your real-world moral philosophies in this grandly hilarious event.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
I can’t make you feel sympathy for someone, and I’m probably being hypocritical as there are people I’ve found it hard to sympathise with, but I think you kinda have to try.

I have tried many many times. It used to come naturally, really. Even if I didn't agree with someone, I could usually see the decisions behind their choices and actions and find some sort of sympathy in that.

Well, I can still see the decisions, but the sympathy part is ebbing away. People keep proving they don't deserve it, and it is no use putting me in their shoes, because I probably wouldn't deserve it either.

The most I hope for in others anymore is what I would do. Golden rule, right? I don't ask them to care, but I might ask them to help. I know that if someone asks me for help, I would.

Edit: Just to clarify, there are people I care for and feel a great deal of sympathy for when something bad happens. The guy that got stabbed just isn't one of them.
Katrin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, nowadays everyone is either retarded or jaded. It's no fun!

Forget moral and ethical questions, feelings and all that bullshit. Have fun! Do what you want, if someone disagrees do what you see fit to them. Life's a ride that you have to enjoy, otherwise, why bother living? If you wanna work hard, work hard, if you wanna criticize, criticize, if you wanna be jaded or retarded, be jaded or retarded, as long as you enjoy it while it lasts.

Do what makes you happy, although I'd be wary of any consequences that might interfere with your happiness later.
Drui

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:

Forget moral and ethical questions, feelings and all that bullshit. Have fun! Do what you want, if someone disagrees do what you see fit to them.

I knew there was a reason I didn't like you.

I'm basically with Samsally and lily here. Both sides are wrong. The man should not have spit on and threatened the women, and the women should not have beaten the man.

I'm disgusted that the man thought he had the right to do that to the women. What would make him think it was okay for him to treat them with such disrespect?

I'm really disgusted by the women beating the man, though. That kind of vigilante justice is bullshit - those women weren't beating him cuz they thought he deserved it, they were beating him cuz they were pissed off and violent.
Katrin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drui wrote:
Katrin wrote:

Forget moral and ethical questions, feelings and all that bullshit. Have fun! Do what you want, if someone disagrees do what you see fit to them.

Hehe. I'm a person you either hate or like, but I don't mind because everything is fun.

In other words, I'm a hedonist.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a petite _ornery_ hedonist?
Drui

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever word you have to use to excuse yourself. You're still selfish and irresponsible.
wrong_pipes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had to read this headline three times to understand it correctly.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
Drui wrote:
Katrin wrote:

Hehe. I'm a person you either hate or like, but I don't mind because everything is fun.

In other words, I'm a hedonist.

Actually a hedonist seeks pleasure often for pleasures sake, they dont necessarily take pleasure in the misfortune of others. Your Schadenfraude is another thing entirely.
Marik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: o it makes it that simple Reply with quote

Quote:

Strange way to come to an answer: "Don't ask questions!"
kame

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

Actually a hedonist seeks pleasure often for pleasures sake, they dont necessarily take pleasure in the misfortune of others. Your Schadenfraude is another thing entirely.

Much <3 to anyone who uses "Schadenfreude" in an online debate.
Katrin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't try to excuse myself for my irresponsibility. I was just stating what I was.

And I'm not really taking pleasure from the painful side of this news article. I'm actually focusing more on the comical points of it.

And damn you, Marik! You've turned away my brilliant philosophies, oh doom shall befall me! I have no choice but to change my happy-go lucky days in the hopes that I do not die at the hands of your clever speech.

I guess you could say I'm an optimistic hedonist, since I find pleasure in almost anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: