welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petite Onrey Lesbians Beat and Stab Spitting Bootlegger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
I'll trip random people on a sidewalk with a series of tubes, heehee, they'll never know it was me.

Wait... you're going to trip people on the sidewalk with the Internet?!!
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greatest prank ever. Besides, a dump truck is too obvious.
crossbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this news story most likeley will not make men the world over suddenly decide that it's dangerous to hassle women who reject them. but maybe it'll strike a little fear into a couple hearts. and that's the only good thing i can see of the whole situation. and i know some of the rage that the women must have felt, i just have better self-control. and less badass friends with poor judgement and knives who follow me around.

kat: the philosophy you describe is essentially satanism, and it's really, really ugly. i'd rather do things because they matter to me than because they are 'fun'. excitement is short-lived, and i can't understand how someone can fall into the thrall of that addiction and spend their whole life chasing after it. it's pathetic and gross and utterly thoughtless. but then, you don't care, right?
Katrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drui wrote:
Katrin wrote:
I simply don't care.

And that's what bothers me.

But why are you telling me this though? I don't care.

Quote:
Of course I was talking about their consequences. I'll illustrate my point with an extreme: If you take pleasure in killing someone, but avoid being caught for it, that doesn't make your victim any less dead. So no, you never said you were special, but obviously you think your happiness is more important than what's best for other people.

So you don't actually give a shit that it was wrong to stab me in the stomach, you just want to avoid having to take responsibility for your actions so that you can continue doing whatever the fuck you want. You might as well have said "be wary of the consequences because even though it might be right for you to suffer the consequences that would interfere with you getting your way all the time like a spoiled toddler."

Killing someone? Ooo, that's a risk...

As for my happiness... Man... it's all about existence... *gazes off into the distance blankly* it's like nothing is really substantial, I can never be sure that it's really there... I can feel, smell it, hear it, see it and even taste it, but is it really there? The human mind can manipulate itself, people can see things that aren't there, hear things that don't exist, smell things that no one else can, etc. So how do I know this isn't all part of my mind's manipulation? How do I know you're substantial, that you exist, that anyone or anything exists?

I can't. I can't unless if I were to somehow get into your mind, but even that probably wouldn't be proof enough.

Hell, I'm not even sure I exist. The only thing that can be slightly certain is my own racing thoughts. They exist. These memories, whether made-up or not, they're real images, sounds, feelings, smells, etc. I'm slightly more sure that they exist and thus, why they're worth more.

Oh wow, I do think of myself as superior. And since my mind is the only slightly validated existence in my universe, it must be correct! I am superior!

Thanks, Drui, you helped me learn something new!

*glomps*

Quote:
And let's make it clear that I'm not angry. I'm repulsed.

Don't worry Drui, as long as you don't piss me off, I still lurve you like all the rest.
andrew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course I was talking about their consequences. I'll illustrate my point with an extreme: If you take pleasure in killing someone, but avoid being caught for it, that doesn't make your victim any less dead. So no, you never said you were special, but obviously you think your happiness is more important than what's best for other people.

Recommended reading: The Virtue of Selfishness. Not because I think it will change your mind, but it may help illustrate how it's very easy to interpret the viability (and necessity) of "selfish" action.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooh... it's philosophy 101 all over again.

Rather than waste my time explaining why the "I'm the only brain in the universe, I can do whatever I want." philosophy is erroneous, I will instead show you a single definition.

Axiom

Now, try to understand that the famous, and generally accepted axiom "I think therefore I am" is just that, an axiom. Now that we understand this, we can delve deeper.

An axiom is not necessarily true, we simply assume it's true (because it's obvious), and we build from that foundation. However, our, or at least your mind, the one thinking thoughts, may not be able to fully comprehend whether or not this axiom we take for granted is true.

There may be a plane of existence that we alone cannot comprehend, let alone see. The argument is that if you could see that "reality" the veracity of our "obviously true" axioms would change.

The point is, you shouldn't go around believing things blindly, without fully understanding them, and you can never fully truly understand anything, especially existence.
My own axiom, if you will, I could also be wrong.
Katrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I'm the only brain in the universe, I can do whatever I want."

Naw, naw, naw... it's not really that... it's more like "existence and all experience is fleeting, but this experience, this existence is most dominant, the most substantial, so why not focus on it?"

And when I say "this", I hope you understand that I mean carnal pleasures.

Finally... MEH, I don't feel like reading the rest of your post, so I won't. Sorry.
Marik

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: vav gg Reply with quote

I guess that's the advantage with not caring.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
Quote:
"I'm the only brain in the universe, I can do whatever I want."

Naw, naw, naw... it's not really that... it's more like "existence and all experience is fleeting, but this experience, this existence is most dominant, the most substantial, so why not focus on it?"

And when I say "this", I hope you understand that I mean carnal pleasures.

Finally... MEH, I don't feel like reading the rest of your post, so I won't. Sorry.

I hope you keep a vibrator in your pants for the rest of your life then.
When your brain finally builds a resistance to the excess dopamine you receive and you finally numb your brain to the stuff, maybe then you will realize your folly. Don't worry, there's always cocaine, speed, LSD, meth or ecstasy to keep you going.
Katrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup!
Black Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crossbow wrote:
i'd rather do things because they matter to me than because they are 'fun'. excitement is short-lived, and i can't understand how someone can fall into the thrall of that addiction and spend their whole life chasing after it. it's pathetic and gross and utterly thoughtless.
Yes.

Katrin: I pity anyone engaged in a relationship in which they have to depend on you. Never date. Never get married. Never have children.

In fact, it'll probably be for the best if you just hole yourself up in a closet and masturbate for the rest of your life.
Neraren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly BK, thats your solution for EVERYTHING.
Katrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Kitty wrote:
Katrin: I pity anyone engaged in a relationship in which they have to depend on you. Never date. Never get married. Never have children.

In fact, it'll probably be for the best if you just hole yourself up in a closet and masturbate for the rest of your life.

Oh don't be silly. When I say carnal pleasure I don't mean it as the only thing. I like enjoyment abroad, anything that makes me feel human. The joy of hard work finally coming to fruition is fresh experience from anything else. The satisfying glory of a person getting what they justly deserve. And even the elated sense of being wrapped in someone else's arms, hearts pounding in musical rythm.

Don't try so hard to dehumanize me. I can experience love just the same as anyone else. Simply because I focus more on physical ecstasy, does not mean I do not appreciate an expertly written work or epic poems of love and war. Nearly all things please me, and I like others have preferences of which are more satisfying.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with "me first" philosophies, when taken to extremes, is eventually no normal people will want to associate with you. You find yourself surrounded by sycophants, parasites and the emotionally damaged, the only people who are willing to put up with you.

So... good luck and stuff.
Celaeno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not necessarily true. I have a "me first" philosophy. You just have to broaden your views about what "me first" really means.

I'm not going to do anything that's going to hurt me and my interests in the long term and weighing all the consequences. For example, it might seem like I should spend all my time being lazy and sleeping in and sitting in front of the TV and catching up on my reading. Why should I go to work? It's not enjoyable. But then I think about how money is necessary to do a lot and how these current jobs are stepping stones to a job I'll really enjoy going to, and I go. Or maybe I made a promise to a friend to do something I really don't feel like doing. It might seem like the self interested thing to do is to break my promise, but then I think about how important that person's friendship is to me and how I would want them to keep their promises, so I do it.

If you think about it, the "me first" philosophy isn't so cold hearted after all. And any philosophy taken to extremes has its major flaws.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: