welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petite Onrey Lesbians Beat and Stab Spitting Bootlegger
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh don't worry. She'll grow up or she'll die alone. The physical side of things are much more fleeting than she understands while things like friendship and commitment stay. Even that initial rush of chemicals that happens when you first start dating someone only lasts about a year or two.

I'm sympathetic actually. I used to think like that.

And calling her Kat is creepy. That's my name.

Halen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Oh don't worry. She'll grow up or she'll die alone

That'll teach me to only read the first and last few posts of a thread. I thought you were talking about Celaeno.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celaeno wrote:
That's not necessarily true.

And any philosophy taken to extremes has its major flaws.

You're right, naturally, but I pointed out that I was talking about the extremes. Wink
Katrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celeano just said what I've been saying this entire time. "That" is the real "me first" philosophy. Anything else (or whatever) is just psychotic.

And Lasairfiona, or Kat if you will, you're still trying to dehumanize me. Did you not read my last post?

Also... I already have enough people who "put up" with me. There are some people who simply want to enjoy themselves when they hang out with friends. And no, we don't actually take drugs.
Celaeno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
You're right, naturally

I like that part. Very Happy

Halen, that's what I thought too.

And Katrin, yeah, I've been more or less agreeing with you the whole time, especially once you said the thing about being aware of consequences. I was wondering why you were being attacked so heavily. I guess it's all in the reading.
andrew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has a lot to do with the way Katrin has portrayed herself. A lot of what she's said has been phrased in a fashion that I think is deliberately incendiary, which makes people responding not want to give her the benefit of the doubt on things they otherwise might, like this:

Katrin wrote:
Oh don't be silly. When I say carnal pleasure I don't mean it as the only thing.

With that said, Katrin has basically the same life philosophy I do.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! I was trying to direct the "Oh don't worry" to the people talking to Katrin. Obviously it didn't work...

Katrin: what did I say to dehumanize you? The chemical part? 'Cause that is what happens.

Oh, and I left the philosophy that Katrin is using because it nearly destroyed me. I suppose it could work for some people but not for me.

Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jumped in at the end and added very little to the conversation. However, I now have various "Me First and the Gimme Gimmes" songs stuck in my head. Overall, I'm pleased with this transaction.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
Celeano just said what I've been saying this entire time. "That" is the real "me first" philosophy. Anything else (or whatever) is just psychotic.

And Lasairfiona, or Kat if you will, you're still trying to dehumanize me. Did you not read my last post?

Also... I already have enough people who "put up" with me. There are some people who simply want to enjoy themselves when they hang out with friends. And no, we don't actually take drugs.

It's called satire.
Taking things to the extreme to prove a point.

Besides, you don't seem to take it seriously, I'm just showing you how that way of thinking can lead you down the wrong path, if you're not aware of it.
Katrin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roflmao

I'm aware enough to tell you in detail, aren't I?

And wow, Kat, that is interesting. As for the dehumanization bit, that was reference to the "friendship and commitment".
Zanthina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
roflmao

I'm aware enough to tell you in detail, aren't I?

And wow, Kat, that is interesting. As for the dehumanization bit, that was reference to the "friendship and commitment".

I wanted you to know that, from the way you choose to express yourself, it's easy to assume you to be a very cold and callous individual. I have the idea that you probably really aren't this way.

I think that pleasure seeking can be very adaptable behavior. I commend those that look out for themselves insofar as to take personal responsibility for their well-being. This makes everybody's life easier, so it's not as self-serving as it seems at first.

However, as human as I think you probably "really" are, you still come off as dangerous to me. I would guess that if people passing you on the street only saw this piece of you that you have chosen to reveal here, they would cross to the other side.

If you want to survive in the long-term, you have to care.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zeku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an honest question, and not (I don't think) an attempt to stir up an argument.

Why are people so afraid of kicking someone's ass these days? What's wrong with kicking someone's ass? I've done it, I've had it done to me, it's always a completely positive experience. After you get your teeth fixed up, recover from the couple days of being pissed off/scared/whatever, you've learned a great lesson and don't make that mistake any more.

Just my experience.

Edit: Oh and the best philosophy is a 'God first' philosophy, imo. Smile "Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you." Not only is it true, but you discover the most valuable thing of all along the way, which is God himself. You can have all the 'stuff' in the universe, but I think the ability to enjoy the stuff comes from God.

Don't get me wrong, I want the very best of everything, but the true satisfaction comes from God after you've done things his way, which is to forget yourself and place all your attention on him and others.
Yorick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeku wrote:
This is an honest question, and not (I don't think) an attempt to stir up an argument.

Why are people so afraid of kicking someone's ass these days? What's wrong with kicking someone's ass? I've done it, I've had it done to me, it's always a completely positive experience. After you get your teeth fixed up, recover from the couple days of being pissed off/scared/whatever, you've learned a great lesson and don't make that mistake any more.

Just my experience.

it might have someting to do with getting sued into oblivion by the victim.
Agamemnon

Location: Studying somewhere. Or at least that's where I should be.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nod* Yorick hit it right on his nose....um....if he had one that is.

Litigation (or fear of litigation) governs a lot of action. Sometimes it's helpful; like making that shop owner aware enough to put salt on his icy sidewalk to keep customers from slipping and falling. Other times it's cumbersome, to say the least; like suing that same shopowner for slipping on the ice outside his store at 2 in the morning when drunk and it's been icing/sleeting only for the last couple hours after the shopowner closed his shop....

Being convincted of even a small assault charge, and losing the accompanying lawsuit, will screw up your life for a very long time. Lawsuits mess with credit ratings. It's a good bet that you'll not have much money after losing the lawsuit so you'll need credit to make some purchases, like say, a house or car. Messy. Very messy.

P: They don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't say anything!

J: Couldn't if I wanted to.
Halen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeku wrote:

Just my experience.

Edit: Oh and the best philosophy is a 'God first' philosophy, imo. Smile "Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you." Not only is it true, but you discover the most valuable thing of all along the way, which is God himself. You can have all the 'stuff' in the universe, but I think the ability to enjoy the stuff comes from God.

Don't get me wrong, I want the very best of everything, but the true satisfaction comes from God after you've done things his way, which is to forget yourself and place all your attention on him and others.

This pretty much wins the "most mental post ever on Sinfest" award. Apart from a couple of notable exceptions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: