welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laughter is one thing...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever been hysterical with laughter?
I couldn't stand, I couldn't speak, I was rolling.
90%
 90%  [ 45 ]
I laughed pretty hard a few times, but that sounds painful.
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
I don't think anything is that funny.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You are weird.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

MsFrisby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Laughter is one thing... Reply with quote

Have you ever been truly hysterical with laughter? As in, you can't stop for a while, you can barely catch your breath or stand and even thinking about the thing that set you off in the first place can get you choking on laughter all over again with tears streaming down your face?

I know it's never as funny telling about it later, but maybe some of you may want to share some of those stories.
LittlestMorte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I laughed that hard isn't fit for pleasant conversation. Let's just say it involved jelly and someone's mom.
maniac_wolfman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I got one that definately isn't funny at all in retrospect. In fact it's pretty lame, but we were sleep deprived.

Me and my buddies were fooling around with some sound equipment. Eventually we started making theme songs for fictional shows. One of which involved me and my friend saying "Theme song, theme song, theme song..." over and over again. Which is a bit of a tongue twister so we ended up singing "Team thong."

We laughed a bit at the thought of a time-shared team thong. Then my friend thrust out his pelvis and proclaimed "You know, I'm captain of the thong team."

We died.
Drui

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stop laughing every time someone flubs my belly. I just get the giggles baaad.
LittlestMorte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avast, me hearties! Tie them to the mast if they misbehave!
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several times laughed to the point of incapacitation.
And I can't for the life of me remember exactly what they were about.
lily

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best giggle fits are ones i share with my mom. one time in a restaurant, we were playing with a napkin which we had folded into an approximation of a mouse/rabbit/something or other, and she tried to make it jump around, like a bunny, and it ended up on the other side of the restaurant. we could not stop laughing. my dad was really embarrassed.

my mom snorts when she laughs, too, so that tends to extend the duration of the mirth. cuz i'm laughing at her snorting, and she's laughing cuz i'm laughing, which just makes her snort more, and so on.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't laughed like that since I was a kid, but I used to quite frequently, it was awesome. I miss that.
Drui

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
I haven't laughed like that since I was a kid, but I used to quite frequently, it was awesome. I miss that.

Aside: Baby belly laughs are the best.
Mini J

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drui wrote:
thewaitersitsondown wrote:

Aside: Baby belly laughs are the best.

Proof of the above
Drui

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Oh my god, that was great! I couldn't help but laugh and grin ear to ear. My cheeks hurt almost as much as Mom's must've. Very Happy
Valp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drunk and getting coaxed into watching AMV Hell 3 - The movie. That Crazy Frog/Evangelion-combo destroyed us completely. We managed to calm down four times before it passed.
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with some friends getting high in the back of some beat-up car and this one girl sitting on the passenger seat started imitating the dubbed voices of the old 911 tv show. This particular episode was about a little girl getting stuck in the toilet and she imitated all the cliche dubbing voices of the father, mother, girl, grandma and the firefighter that saved her. Oh, and the creepy old neighbour too. I have NEVER laughed so much in my life.

Then, I also have this coworker that's really funny. I couldn't explain how funny he is, but he just is. He just out of the blue says stuff that has everyone rolling around with laughter and snorting up water.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Yes, NOW I know it's in Belgium Reply with quote

Was playing Trivial Pursuit with my brother and my fiancee. Over the course of an hour or two, she answered four or five questions by remembering a fragment of some song we'd never heard. My brother and I were amazed/bewildered by it.

At some point, I got asked in which country Waterloo could be found. I didn't know, but was doing the typical mind-ransacking, because I-just-know-I-really-do-know-it-damn-it.

Quoth my brother:

Don't you remember that song?

And then he sang:

Waterloo,
It's in France
That's the answer to
The Trivial Pursuit question

He and I were incapacitated for like 15 minutes.
Later, there was a near-complete revival due to that timeless classic:

An octopus has
Three hearts
That's how many hearts
An octopus has
scillystuff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Father-in-law has just returned from hospital after a big operation, he's fine but can't drive for a few months. His wife is very technophobic ("I'm not having a DVD in the front room because of all of those WIRES") and it fell to me to take her shopping the day after he was discharged. He gave his bank card to her (she doesn't have one "I can't be doing with those things") and told her the PIN number to pay for the shopping. So we get to the checkout (numbers changed to protect the guilty).

Whilst I finish the packing, my mother-in-law turns her hand over and starts to READ the number off her palm whilst typing it in. She gets as far as the third number with me, the checkout lady and several bystanders saying shush, don't read the number, it's secret. She stops, flustered, checks the number, then READS IT OUT AGAIN, typing in the last number. It's wrong. I am by now trying to hide behind the trolley. It turns out she might be using the wrong card, so she trys the next one. When she plugs it in, "LAST CHANCE" flashes up on the display. Uh oh, not good. Can you guess what happens next? She reads out the number again, off her hand, in complete panic, and PIN LOCKED appears on the display. I offer to pay, but by now the blinkers are on and no one else exists. The checkout lady offers the signature confirmation BUT IT'S NOT HER CARD. My mum in law dutifully signes her own name. The assistant looks at the card signature, at the different signature on the receipt, at me, then back at her and says "That's fine" and finalises the sale. I manage to keep straight faced. I spend the 30 minute drive explaining that her husband won't be using the PIN for the card as he can't get out and we can unlock it before he realises it is locked.

For the next week she rings several times a day to ask if it is done. It tuns out we need to card and the correct number (now found) and access to an ATM, so we will be sneaking it out this weekend and reseting it. She has forbidden us from telling him "so as not to upset him whilst he is recovering". So the routine call arrives last night, it is one I have replied to a dozen times, but this time my wife answers all of the same questions again. Yes, it's the PIN that's locked, not the card. No, you can't use it in a shop. Yes, you can use it over the 'phone. No, it's not the card he uses to get money. No, I can't come over now to do it. No, neither of us can come over, how will you explain the visit?. Three times. I start to snigger. Five minutes later I am rolling on the floor with supressed laughter, listening to one half of a familiar conversation, whilst my wife is shushing me and trying to keep from laughing herself.

We haven't had todays call yet. The weekend can't come soon enough.

Last edited by scillystuff on Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: