welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spotes: Bonds out on bond soon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agamemnon

Location: Studying somewhere. Or at least that's where I should be.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Spotes: Bonds out on bond soon? Reply with quote

Report: Bonds indictment could come soon
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

According to a report in the New York Daily News, several sources within Major League Baseball expect a San Francisco grand jury to indict Giants slugger Barry Bonds, possibly even as early as next week.

The senior sources said they have no inside information, but expect Bonds to be indicted before the grand jury that has been hearing evidence against him expires within the next couple of weeks.
Several sources within MLB said they found plenty of damning information about Bonds in their own investigation, launched secretly a year before commissioner Bud Selig appointed former U.S. Senator George Mitchell in March to head an MLB inquiry into steroid use.

Bonds faces possible indictment for perjury and tax evasion. When he appeared before a grand jury in December 2003, Bonds testified that he did not knowingly take performance-enhancing drugs.

While Bonds' friend and personal trainer Greg Anderson (one of four men convicted in the BALCO steroid trafficking case) has not testified before the grand jury, earning him a contempt of court charge and a stint in prison without bail, several other key witnesses have done so. Included among them were Bonds' former physician Arthur Ting, Giants trainer Stan Conte and Bonds' former mistress Kimberly Bell.

Bell reportedly testified that Bonds gave her about $80,000 in possibly undeclared cash and admitted to her that he used anabolic steroids before he was introduced to BALCO.

P: They don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't say anything!

J: Couldn't if I wanted to.
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: yes i made it myself in photoshop Reply with quote

You know, about a year or so ago, baseball was feeling the encroaching pinch of disenchantment. Some started to theorize that in ten to twenty years, baseball could be on its way to being a historical relic rather than a contemporarily important sport, and that a NHL-style league shutdown may be on the horizon.

Some held out hope that some new faces and events could reinvigorate the sport before the fans continued to wean away into the NFL. So sure enough, help came in the form of WAIT A MINUTE THAT IS NOT HELP THAT IS A STEROID SCANDAL.

It is honestly beyond me why anyone could have possibly thought he was a steroid pusher. Seriously, what could have tipped them off?
TIAB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I thought he looked familiar...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: